Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 240144 times)

jakswan

• Preloved Ads
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #3775 on: January 08, 2021, 05:44:02 PM »
You've made a claim to justify your position. Your-s is the positive claim. I have a lack of belief in it

"I don't think Trentvoyager was a very strong supporter of Corbyn" is a belief.

Pointing out that your argument amounts only to 'He started it' isn't name calling.

Agree to disagree?

Anyway given you aren't willing to evidence your position, apnd given this is fairly off topic, I will draw a line.

Likewise.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
- Voltaire

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #3776 on: January 08, 2021, 06:37:47 PM »
Just to clarify, and hopefully we can leave , and return to the thread. I offered more than once that I didn't find Corbyn convincing. This wasn't based as such on policy but on the fact that he was not to my mind a good leader. So it proved. Anyhow, for whatever reason one poster seemed to find it amusing to characterise me as some kind of militant left wing firebrand. Which I decidedly am not. I feel much more comfortable with Starmer as leader as he represents more my particular view of the world.

That a poster clearly identifies themselves as  "right wing thought police" entertains me. Perhaps it will make them more restrained in future when they misrepresent other posters.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

jakswan

• Preloved Ads
« Reply #3777 on: January 08, 2021, 07:42:30 PM »
Just to clarify, and hopefully we can leave , and return to the thread. I offered more than once that I didn't find Corbyn convincing. This wasn't based as such on policy but on the fact that he was not to my mind a good leader. So it proved.

I therefore, apologise, signs are that Starmer is pretty centre-left persuasion and if you more align with him would suggest you are not as far left as Corbyn.

Anyhow, for whatever reason one poster seemed to find it amusing to characterise me as some kind of militant left wing firebrand. Which I decidedly am not. I feel much more comfortable with Starmer as leader as he represents more my particular view of the world.

Again I apologise, I had no idea you thought of Corbyn as a militant left-wing firebrand. I do think of Corbyn, as I previously stated, as more from the extreme left, I didn't think he was militant or much of a firebrand.

That a poster clearly identifies themselves as  "right wing thought police" entertains me.

Well that is nice.

Perhaps it will make them more restrained in future when they misrepresent other posters.

No I don't think that follows, I think when engaging with people there is always a chance of misrepresenting them, it is a price you might have to pay to understand them.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
- Voltaire

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #3778 on: January 08, 2021, 10:54:12 PM »
'Nice cuppa tea'

I dislike Corbyn he was too far to the left for my taste.
Corbyn wasn't really all that far Left, just Old-Labour. He'd've fitted in well in Attlee's 1945 cabinet. Talking of which, yes "Nye Scuppertea"="Nice cuppa tea", and "Nye" is short for Aneurin, as in Nye Bevan.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #3779 on: January 09, 2021, 08:50:34 AM »
Corbyn was a polytechnic Trotskyite who never completed the course.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #3780 on: January 09, 2021, 09:36:30 AM »
Corbyn was a polytechnic Trotskyite who never completed the course.
This is pure snobbery.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #3781 on: January 09, 2021, 10:04:29 AM »
This sort of ridiculous type of policing does real damage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55594244

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #3782 on: January 09, 2021, 10:12:26 AM »
Love this from Liam Fox .... and the glare at the end:

Why are doctors doing pointless political correctness training?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeiYuqABjJU
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #3783 on: January 09, 2021, 11:41:16 AM »

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #3784 on: January 09, 2021, 11:56:11 AM »
In what way?
He only went to Polytechnic and didn't get a degree, so he must be rubbish, unlike all the Eton-and-Oxbridge whizz-kids who are doing such a great job of running the country and tackling Covid. (He's not a Trot, either.)

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #3785 on: January 09, 2021, 12:45:16 PM »
He only went to Polytechnic and didn't get a degree, so he must be rubbish, unlike all the Eton-and-Oxbridge whizz-kids who are doing such a great job of running the country and tackling Covid. (He's not a Trot, either.)

As someone who left grammar school with jusr four O levels and worked in various low level jobs while preparing myself for eventual undergraduate study which resulted in me graduating at the age of 34, your characterisation of me is wildly inaccurate.  I suggest that you consider ridding yourself of lazy stereotypes and the habit of rushing to judgement.

Why don't you investigate the reason that Jeremy Corbyn did not complete his degree course in Trade Union Studies at NLP? Was not his election as party leader - apparently as a result of many young people being allowed to join the Labour party for the sum of £3 - well, "cultish" if nothing else?

And - to be absolutely fair - I suspect that I may (just) have been guilty of some stereotyping ...    ::)

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #3786 on: January 09, 2021, 01:57:17 PM »
This sort of ridiculous type of policing does real damage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-55594244

Apparently 90% follow the rules and 10% don't, so why on earth should Derbyshire police bother chasing a minority when they can hang around peaceful parkland and harass anyone they fancy without comeback?

Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #3787 on: January 09, 2021, 02:34:40 PM »
Went out for walk around a pretty deserted Glasgow city centre. On going through George Square there was a small, possibly 80.people, protest about lockdown restrictions. No social distancing, no masks. At the time I passed there was no police presence though a couple of blocks away, a couple of police vans passed me.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #3788 on: January 10, 2021, 04:41:13 PM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #3789 on: January 11, 2021, 12:12:35 PM »

Idiots.
The club should be fined and the team forced to self isolate for ten days, forfieting any games as a result.
(And I favour Celtic, nominally, at least)
Some impact

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-dubai-crisis-live-hoops-23295798.amp?__twitter_impression=true

SusanDoris

« Reply #3790 on: January 11, 2021, 04:29:44 PM »
I have an appointment this week for Friday afternoon for my first vaccine jab and 9th April for the second one.

The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #3791 on: January 11, 2021, 04:34:57 PM »
I have an appointment this week for Friday afternoon for my first vaccine jab and 9th April for the second one.
There is a whole idea that the over 80s will be 'vaccinated' by some time in Feb which plays on an equivocation about vaccination being one jab or 2

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #3792 on: January 11, 2021, 09:11:42 PM »
And in the land of bullshit nutcrackers bollock conspiracy theories:

https://www.israelhayom.com/2021/01/11/popular-rabbi-warns-followers-covid-vaccine-could-make-you-gay/

Now, what I want to know is what effect does it have on me?

Does it turn me straight, or make me super gay?
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #3793 on: January 11, 2021, 10:48:04 PM »

https://www.israelhayom.com/2021/01/11/popular-rabbi-warns-followers-covid-vaccine-could-make-you-gay/

Some moron at my place of work scrawled 5G nonsense in one of the cubicles in the gent's bogs.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #3794 on: January 12, 2021, 08:33:38 AM »

Definitely the second. You get to wear a cape and can shoot gay rays out of your eyes that make straight people gay.

ekim

« Reply #3795 on: January 12, 2021, 10:05:12 AM »
I had my second vaccine last week and my 7 days immunisation period will be up tomorrow.  I will be gay (happy) then.

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #3796 on: January 13, 2021, 12:00:52 PM »
I had my second vaccine last week and my 7 days immunisation period will be up tomorrow.  I will be gay (happy) then.

Good stuff, Ekim. Hopefully I'll receive mine before mid-Feb.

Here's a little brightness amid the doom and gloom. Piglets show-jumping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOHHLwlNmnM
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #3797 on: January 13, 2021, 12:59:12 PM »
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 01:24:13 PM by Nearly Sane »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #3798 on: January 13, 2021, 04:26:48 PM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator