Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 239535 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #4725 on: November 12, 2021, 10:17:12 AM »
What a dangerous prick Johnson is!

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #4727 on: November 13, 2021, 05:05:53 PM »
JfC!
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/matt-hancock-considering-100000-deal-25449409
I think we can see this will be mills and Boon on his affair and short on his decision on discharging people into care homes.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #4728 on: November 13, 2021, 05:08:42 PM »

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #4729 on: November 16, 2021, 05:13:10 PM »
Indeed. I also covered these points in my letter. I'm now 6 months form my last vaccination and not a peep from the NHS. Kwarteng made it sound as if people weren't coming forward to be vaccinated. How can you if you aren't invited and the NHS specifically tells you to wait to hear from them and not to hassle them.

There seems to be a huge variability here. I for instance received my booster jab invitation letter 6 months and one day after my second vaccination. Other friends of mine in the SW eligible for boosters have not heard a thing. One friend was informed two weeks before a 6 month interval, whereas his partner (who uses the same medical practice) has still not heard 3 weeks after the 6 month period.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

Maeght

« Reply #4730 on: November 16, 2021, 07:08:19 PM »
There seems to be a huge variability here. I for instance received my booster jab invitation letter 6 months and one day after my second vaccination. Other friends of mine in the SW eligible for boosters have not heard a thing. One friend was informed two weeks before a 6 month interval, whereas his partner (who uses the same medical practice) has still not heard 3 weeks after the 6 month period.

It does seem variable, but you can book online without being invited to now if eligible. I have heard nothing from NHS but am booked in for exactly 182 days after my second jab. I've  heard nothing from my GPs throughout this - other than a text saying not to contact them and ask about the boosters.

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #4731 on: November 16, 2021, 07:40:35 PM »
It does seem variable, but you can book online without being invited to now if eligible. I have heard nothing from NHS but am booked in for exactly 182 days after my second jab. I've  heard nothing from my GPs throughout this - other than a text saying not to contact them and ask about the boosters.
Good to hear, but we are really playing catch up.

I became eligible for my booster a few weeks ago and could even book until a few days after the eligibility period started. The earliest I could get my booster was one week after I became eligible.

While this might sound trivial, moving everything forward by a week can help the overall position markedly as immunity is really beginning to wane as we get to 6 months so any additional days of waiting is additional time for someone to catch, spread the virus and for either of those people to get ill, long covid etc.

I really don't understand how they managed to take their eye off the ball so badly with boosters, and with 12-15 year old, having been pretty hot off the mark back in the early part of the year with first/second jabs.

BeRational

« Reply #4732 on: November 16, 2021, 09:38:17 PM »
I had the virus along with my wife and daughter last week.

We are all double jabbed which I assume meant that whilst we felt pretty unwell,  it just felt like flu.
Flu of course is pretty bad anyway!

Looking forward to getting the third jab in 4 weeks as well.

I think the vaccine is very good as I have asthma and expected it to affect me more than it did.
I see gullible people, everywhere!

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #4733 on: November 16, 2021, 10:49:53 PM »
Got an invitation to book a booster jab today, did so online, and am getting boosted tomorrow morning.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Maeght

« Reply #4734 on: November 17, 2021, 07:39:34 AM »
Good to hear, but we are really playing catch up.

I became eligible for my booster a few weeks ago and could even book until a few days after the eligibility period started. The earliest I could get my booster was one week after I became eligible.

While this might sound trivial, moving everything forward by a week can help the overall position markedly as immunity is really beginning to wane as we get to 6 months so any additional days of waiting is additional time for someone to catch, spread the virus and for either of those people to get ill, long covid etc.

I really don't understand how they managed to take their eye off the ball so badly with boosters, and with 12-15 year old, having been pretty hot off the mark back in the early part of the year with first/second jabs.

Absolutely. There was lots of hype pre booster program about how the NHS was ready to roll with pharmacies lined up to fill the gap of vaccination centres that had closed down then when boosters were approved it seemed to come as a surprise. Not sure who to blame but the booster roll out has been poorly handled.

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #4735 on: November 18, 2021, 01:11:42 PM »

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-59329996

Covid-19 cases in Germany have reached record highs, with daily infections exceeding 65,000 for the first time during the entire pandemic and booster jabs now recommended for all adults

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #4737 on: November 24, 2021, 04:24:16 PM »
Meanwhile, Stateside the bollocks and general lunacy goes on and on:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/23/florida-doctors-covid-coronavirus-bruce-boros?

Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

ad_orientem

« Reply #4738 on: November 24, 2021, 04:46:49 PM »
Meanwhile, Stateside the bollocks and general lunacy goes on and on:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/nov/23/florida-doctors-covid-coronavirus-bruce-boros?

How did these people ever become doctors in the first place? Idiots!
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #4742 on: November 27, 2021, 08:46:43 PM »
I wondered where the strange name "Omicron" had come from, then my nephew informed me of this:

A short clip from Futurama:  https://odysee.com/@MIGMAG:3/Omicron-Persei-8--Futurama-Predicting-the-Future_360p:6 

How can we take some of these scientists seriously if they cannot think of a different name for something they tell us is very worrying?! Smh...
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #4743 on: November 27, 2021, 09:33:37 PM »
I am assuming this is meant to be a joke.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Stranger

• Lightly seared on the reality grill.
« Reply #4744 on: November 28, 2021, 08:13:56 AM »
I wondered where the strange name "Omicron" had come from, then my nephew informed me of this:

A short clip from Futurama:  https://odysee.com/@MIGMAG:3/Omicron-Persei-8--Futurama-Predicting-the-Future_360p:6 

How can we take some of these scientists seriously if they cannot think of a different name for something they tell us is very worrying?! Smh...

This is a joke, is it? I mean you do know that omicron is a letter in the Greek alphabet, just like the other variant names?

Although the variants that have been in the news are the first four letters of the alphabet (alpha, beta, gamma, delta), there have been others that were designated. They did miss out nu (too easily confused with 'new') and xi, (a common name, of the Chinese president in particular).
x(∅ ∈ x ∧ ∀y(yxy ∪ {y} ∈ x))

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4745 on: November 28, 2021, 09:27:48 AM »
This is a joke, is it? I mean you do know that omicron is a letter in the Greek alphabet, just like the other variant names?

Although the variants that have been in the news are the first four letters of the alphabet (alpha, beta, gamma, delta), there have been others that were designated. They did miss out nu (too easily confused with 'new') and xi, (a common name, of the Chinese president in particular).
Mmmm pi

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4746 on: November 29, 2021, 08:27:34 AM »

Spud

« Reply #4747 on: November 29, 2021, 12:07:51 PM »
No, they don't select for "more infectious virus". As you agreed earlier, the delta variant will be "dominant" in all cases. The proportion of delta cases to alpha is not changed by vaccination.
When asked about this in a recent Q&A presentation, Geert said that when an unvaccinated person gets symptomatically infected with covid he/she will at best completely isolate and at worst spend less time around other people until they are better, thus will tend to spread the virus only while pre-symptomatic. If a vaccinated person is less likely to be symptomatic when infected, they won't be so aware of the infection and so will be more likely to spread it to others. So he says mass vaccination increased the speed at which delta became most prevalent. Allowing the virus to become endemic naturally doesn't mean more infectious variants won't become dominant over decades or centuries.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 12:10:35 PM by Spud »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4748 on: November 30, 2021, 06:42:43 AM »

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.