Author Topic: A classical error?  (Read 577 times)

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
A classical error?
« on: March 01, 2020, 09:53:00 PM »
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
Re: A classical error?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 11:37:00 PM »
I fail to see what the appointment of Mary Beard to a British Museum position has to do with the idiots in 10 Downing Street. https://www.indy100.com/article/mary-beard-british-museum-trustee-remain-brexit-downing-street-9367196?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0b3v2aj2nlRCqOIFrey71ARvD31NKFLNvIAe2GMIg-zzsamh9zPlVrhu0#Echobox=1583069431

The PM has to approve 20 out of 25 trustees apparently. Even so, it's scandalous that they would block her on the basis of one of her political opinions.

Actually, I don't think that's it. I think it's because of a debate that Mary Beard had with Boris Johnson some years ago that I saw on YouTube the other day. I don't know who won because it's more than I can stomach to watch Johnson speaking for more than a few minutes.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 10:13:42 AM »
The PM has to approve 20 out of 25 trustees apparently. Even so, it's scandalous that they would block her on the basis of one of her political opinions.

Actually, I don't think that's it. I think it's because of a debate that Mary Beard had with Boris Johnson some years ago that I saw on YouTube the other day. I don't know who won because it's more than I can stomach to watch Johnson speaking for more than a few minutes.

Is this the one you mean?
I thought it was a great debate.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k448JqQyj8
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 10:14:43 AM »

Is this the one you mean?
I thought it was a great debate.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k448JqQyj8

Yes  that's the one.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply