Author Topic: Which character are you?  (Read 2175 times)

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
Re: Which character are you?
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2021, 09:19:48 PM »
Apparently I'm a match for a Julian Bashir (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine).

Never seen this programme, so I now need to find out what this guy is portrayed as being like. 

Update:

Apparently I'm a but like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_Bashir

One can only assume that I was subjected to the Friday afternoon shift at the genetic engineering workshop.

Bashir's character evolves considerably over the series, starting of as somewhat naive anf green about the ears, he ends up rather more pessimistic and realistic at the same time.
His interplay with Dax (both of her....) and Garek the 'tailor-cum-spy -allegedly) is entertaining.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

torridon

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2021, 10:40:29 AM »
I got Doc Brown (Back to the Future)  :D

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2021, 02:45:21 PM »
Who the fucking fuckety fuck-fuck is Hugo 'Hurley' Reyes? I've never watched 'Lost' in my life!
Just done it again. I've never heard of Tina Belcher or 'Bob's Burgers', either, but I'm an 82% match, apparently.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2021, 05:33:58 PM »

Lucius Fox (from the Batman comic/movies). Not too bad, bit of a waste of time though?
Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

Owlswing

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2021, 11:25:02 AM »

As you may have seen elsewhere, I am rewatching The Original Series, which overall is my favourite. Despite there being a huge drop off in the quality of the stories in the 3rd series, it's the one for me that is the most likable and has my favourite character.

I only had one argument against the first series. the character playing Kirk. He had to be the centre of attention in every episode where, in the rest, the centre of attention was shared, changing in each epidode.

Owlswing

)O(

The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2021, 11:42:30 AM »
I only had one argument against the first series. the character playing Kirk. He had to be the centre of attention in every episode where, in the rest, the centre of attention was shared, changing in each epidode.

Owlswing

)O(

Hope you're not dissing the Shat !

As if he'd ever want to be the centre of attention  ;D ;D
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Outrider

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2021, 09:07:50 AM »
I got 'Q' from the bond films (Desmond Llewellyn version in the picture, but I don't know if they're separating them).  Seems a bit simplistic, given that there really isn't a great deal of characterisation for hi... oh.  :P

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints