Author Topic: President Biden  (Read 20111 times)

SteveH

• God? She's black.
President Biden
« on: November 08, 2020, 12:07:37 PM »
New President, new thread.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 01:02:25 PM by Beyoncé Castle »
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
Re: President Biden
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2020, 12:18:03 PM »

I realize that US presidents are not meant to be a source of entertainment....but Biden is...boring! 

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 12:20:28 PM »
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Stranger

• Lightly seared on the reality grill.
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 12:23:03 PM »
I realize that US presidents are not meant to be a source of entertainment....but Biden is...boring!

Which is far, far better than a sexist, racist, ignorant, infantile, moronic, narcissistic liar...    :)
x(∅ ∈ x ∧ ∀y(yxy ∪ {y} ∈ x))

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 12:39:29 PM »
I did like Biden's 'winning' speech. The contrast to a possible Trump speech was there to see. He was almost humble in his approach with no gloating over his victory. Very much liked: .... "We are not blues or reds, we are Americans.."

Yes, Biden and Ms Harris have quite a job on their hands in uniting a divided country that could clearly be seen from the voting.
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 12:57:59 PM »
He's not President yet. That would be after inauguration.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2020, 01:00:09 PM »
Good.
Seconded. Exciting, charismatic heads of state or government are often disastrous - Thatcher, Hitler, Mussolini, for example. On the other hand, Clement Attlee was famously dull and boring, but was one of the best prime ministers we've ever had. On one of the huge anti-brexit demos that I went on in London, I saw a placard saying "Make politics boring again". Quite.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 01:03:27 PM by Beyoncé Castle »
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 01:01:58 PM »
He's not President yet. That would be after inauguration.
Pedant. He will be in a couple of months. However, I've changed the thread title for now.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 01:07:55 PM »
Pedant. He will be in a couple of months. However, I've changed the thread title for now.
Given 2020, I don't think making statements about what is definitely going to happen in two months time is the wise course

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 09:34:28 PM »

Owlswing

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 09:40:23 PM »

Someone tell the yanks about bonfire night!

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/524962-fireworks-in-london-edinburgh-as-biden-win-celebrated-abroad

As I have been advised in the past - read the quote you are posting - see below!

In countries across the globe, people reported fireworks and cheering after President-elect Joe Biden was named the winner of the 2020 election on Saturday.

Locals in the United Kingdom, where many had leftover fireworks from Guy Fawkes Night this week,

The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2020, 09:45:29 PM »
As I have been advised in the past - read the quote you are posting - see below!
That's Buzzfeed desperately covering their arses. The original story had no mention of Guy Fawkes. Given the use of fireworks for the last 2 weeks, that there were lots last night for the Saturday after Guy Fawkes has precisely fuck all to do with the US election.

Owlswing

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2020, 09:48:46 PM »

That's Buzzfeed desperately covering their arses. The original story had no mention of Guy Fawkes. Given the use of fireworks for the last 2 weeks, that there were lots last night for the Saturday after Guy Fawkes has precisely fuck all to do with the US election.

Thanks for the info, NS! To be truthful I wouldn't know Buzzfeed from the hole in Trump's a**e!

The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2020, 08:59:41 AM »

Except the story posted was from The Hill and contained tweets from people in Britain claiming exactly that.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2020, 05:33:22 PM »

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2020, 06:57:10 PM »
Lord Kilclooney being a racist again

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-54874541

What happens if Biden moves on and the Indian becomes President. Who then becomes Vice President?

Harris is not Indian, she's American, or she would not qualify for the office of vice president.

Also, if Biden pegs out, she will nominate her successor who must be confirmed by both houses of Congress. It took me about two minutes to find that out on Wikipedia.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2020, 08:40:56 PM »
Harris is not Indian, she's American, or she would not qualify for the office of vice president.

Also, if Biden pegs out, she will nominate her successor who must be confirmed by both houses of Congress. It took me about two minutes to find that out on Wikipedia.
Yes, I know that. Perhaps you might want to contact racist Lord Kilclooney with the info?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2020, 05:00:29 PM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2020, 08:09:54 PM »
Pete Buttigieg to be Transportation Secretary - first openly gay member of the US cabinet.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2020, 08:37:28 PM »

Boring as opposed to boorish.

I'll take that change, thank you.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2020, 08:59:06 PM »
Redwood warns Biden.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/conservative-mp-john-rewood-warns-joe-biden-6215718

We should send him there a.s.a.p - iirc, from Geography lessons at school, the Americans are in the habit of chopping down Redwoods.

Roses

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2020, 03:45:51 PM »
A month today Biden moves into the White House.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Owlswing

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2020, 07:30:00 PM »

A month today Biden moves into the White House.

Assuming that Trump hasn't set the explosives to demolish it at 23:59 19.01.2021!

And YES I do think that he is vindictive enough to do it!

Owlswing

)O(