Author Topic: Transgender shows consciousness separate from the body?  (Read 1350 times)

Walt Zingmatilder

Transgender shows consciousness separate from the body?
« on: December 16, 2020, 09:57:23 AM »
Are people of transgender evidence that consciousness and the self are separate from the body?

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
Re: Transgender shows consciousness separate from the body?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 10:07:18 AM »
No
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Walt Zingmatilder

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 12:19:49 PM »
Are people of transgender evidence that consciousness and the self are separate from the body?
I'm undecided.
Do you have a yes or no answer to the question?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 12:33:36 PM »
How so?
Because there's o reason why they should be.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Outrider

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 01:39:22 PM »

I don't think so - there are no significantly discernible differences between biologically male and female brains, so there is no reason to think that gender differences should have a structural source even if we presume that consciousness does.

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 02:03:49 PM »
I'm undecided.
Do you have a yes or no answer to the question?
My response to yes/noes is always how so?

Gender used to be whatever sex you were and that dependent on Genitalia, possession of Certain chromosomes and the presence of the barr body in one's cell.

If not attached to,⁹ controlled by, influenced by body, where is the idea of one's gender coming from?

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 02:06:28 PM »
I don't think so - there are no significantly discernible differences between biologically male and female brains, so there is no reason to think that gender differences should have a structural source even if we presume that consciousness does.

O.
Sowhere is gender identity coming from then if not the brain which you have said is neither Male nor female?

Outrider

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2020, 08:09:29 AM »
Sowhere is gender identity coming from then if not the brain which you have said is neither Male nor female?

I'm not suggesting that gender is not originating in the brain, I'm pointing out that my take is that gender isn't hard-wired into the brain, given that we can't spot significant structural differences between the brains in biologically male and female bodies.

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints