Author Topic: ''Our souls are dead': how I survived a Chinese 're-education' camp for Uighurs'  (Read 530 times)

The Accountant, OBE, KC

The situation for Uighurs is horrific and for other minorities caught up in struggles against similar ruthless super powers. All of that for her daughter being photographed in France waving a flag banned by the Chinese government.

China's actions within China and the immediate surrounding areas and its influence over its neighbours and attempts to export this power and influence world-wide is very worrying. 
I identify as a Sword because I have abstract social constructs e.g. honour and patriotism. My preferred pronouns are "kill/ maim/ dismember"

Quite handy with weapons - available for hire to defeat money laundering crooks around the world.

“Forget safety. Live where you fear to live.” Rumi

Owlswing

The situation for Uighurs is horrific and for other minorities caught up in struggles against similar ruthless super powers. All of that for her daughter being photographed in France waving a flag banned by the Chinese government.

China's actions within China and the immediate surrounding areas and its influence over its neighbours and attempts to export this power and influence worldwide, is very worrying.

WORRYING?

It is bloody terrifying!

Owlswing

)O(
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
While I support the UK govt on speaking up about the Uighurs, I find it ironic that in commenting on the bans covered in this story
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56532569
Priti Patel tweets
'Freedom to speak out in opposition to abuse is fundamental.'