Author Topic: Bad bill on protests  (Read 665 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
Re: Bad bill on protests
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 09:44:31 AM »
Extremely worrying.

As somebody who has been on more than my fair share of protests, marches and demonstrations; most of which the government of the time would have liked to have seen squashed, I cannot believe the apathy of the general public to this diminishing and authoritarian control being imposed on their right to protest by the Home Secretary.

Finally nails the lie of all that "Johnson is a libertarian" bollocks.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 10:01:42 AM »
Extremely worrying.

As somebody who has been on more than my fair share of protests, marches and demonstrations; most of which the government of the time would have liked to have seen squashed, I cannot believe the apathy of the general public to this diminishing and authoritarian control being imposed on their right to protest by the Home Secretary.

Finally nails the lie of all that "Johnson is a libertarian" bollocks.
Quite, but fair do's - the Blair/Brown Labour government also tried to stamp on legitimate protest. (I too have been on a fair few.)
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 10:08:51 AM »
Quite, but fair do's - the Blair/Brown Labour government also tried to stamp on legitimate protest. (I too have been on a fair few.)

And?

Wasn't right then. Isn't right now.

That's just whataboutery.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2021, 10:21:07 AM »
And?

Wasn't right then. Isn't right now.

That's just whataboutery.
I'm not trying to defend the tories (heaven forbid!), just pointing out that they are not alone.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2021, 10:22:55 AM »
I'm not trying to defend the tories (heaven forbid!), just pointing out that they are not alone.

Fairy nuff.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 12:08:27 PM »