Author Topic: harrassment by ONS?!!  (Read 678 times)

SusanDoris

harrassment by ONS?!!
« on: April 01, 2021, 12:03:54 PM »
I completed my census form on 11 March over the phone and received an e-mail confirmation same day.
Since the 23rd I have had three letters and two visits to tell me it has not been received. I have phoned each time. Well, this sort of thing does not cause me actual upset, but this morning, after the third letter and the second visit yesterday, I was a little more annoyed-sounding on the phone, although I reassured the call-taker that it wasn't of corse her personal fault.  Profuse apologies yet again, but this time I wrote to my MP who replied immediately asking for a reminder of my address and he will take the matter up with ONS!
The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
Re: harrassment by ONS?!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 12:16:07 PM »
I completed my census form on 11 March over the phone and received an e-mail confirmation same day.
Since the 23rd I have had three letters and two visits to tell me it has not been received.
I'd print off a few copies of the email confirmation to hand out to anybody else who comes knocking.

I have phoned each time. Well, this sort of thing does not cause me actual upset, but this morning, after the third letter and the second visit yesterday, I was a little more annoyed-sounding on the phone, although I reassured the call-taker that it wasn't of corse her personal fault.  Profuse apologies yet again, but this time I wrote to my MP who replied immediately asking for a reminder of my address and he will take the matter up with ONS!
Hopefully, I'll be seeing my brother at the weekend . I'll mention it to him and see what he says. I'll keep your name out of it, of course.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

SusanDoris

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 01:19:12 PM »
I'd print off a few copies of the email confirmation to hand out to anybody else who comes knocking.
Hopefully, I'll be seeing my brother at the weekend . I'll mention it to him and see what he says. I'll keep your name out of it, of course.
Many thanks for your response.

I have taken one photocopy and will print more if necessary.

I shall be interested to hear if your brother has any comments.

(I thought I'd already posted this, but don't know where it went!)

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 03:56:39 PM »
Just realised I didn't say who my brother is. He's head of population statistics at the ONS.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

SusanDoris

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 11:29:03 AM »
Today I have received a letter from the ONS referring to the e-nail they had from Rt Hon Sir Desmond Swayne and apologising for multiple reminder letters.  They advise phoning to check whether my completed census is correctly recorded, but since I have done that five times (after letters and visits) I shall not bother to do so again!

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 02:41:34 PM »
Today I have received a letter from the ONS referring to the e-nail they had from Rt Hon Sir Desmond Swayne and apologising for multiple reminder letters.  They advise phoning to check whether my completed census is correctly recorded, but since I have done that five times (after letters and visits) I shall not bother to do so again!

My brother knew nothing of course TBH he's the main consumer of the data, he doesn't have anything to do with organising the census.

SusanDoris

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 06:09:16 PM »
My brother knew nothing of course TBH he's the main consumer of the data, he doesn't have anything to do with organising the census.
Thank you for reply.