Author Topic: 'Carers can help vulnerable clients visit sex workers'  (Read 3076 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
'Carers can help vulnerable clients visit sex workers'
« on: April 30, 2021, 04:36:10 PM »
Really uncomfortable with this judgement

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56937149.amp

SteveH

• God? She's black.
Re: 'Carers can help vulnerable clients visit sex workers'
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 04:56:05 PM »
Prostitutes. They're called prostitutes.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 05:08:20 PM »
Prostitutes. They're called prostitutes.
I think it's better to say women working as prostitutes. The sex worker thing is problematic because it is based on an agenda - but you can take that up with the BBC.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 05:22:21 PM »

Article from Julie Bindel which I pretty much agree with.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/disabled-men-don-t-have-a-right-to-use-prostitutes

Owlswing

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2021, 09:39:05 PM »

Article from Julie Bindel which I pretty much agree with.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/disabled-men-don-t-have-a-right-to-use-prostitutes

It is amazing to me that people of all degrees who can fuck their brains out with sex workers/prostitutes see fit to say that a 'disabled' person should not be aided to the same pleasures.

Talk about "I'm all right, Jack, and fuck you!"

Owlswing

)O(

The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2021, 09:43:47 PM »
It is amazing to me that people of all degrees who can fuck their brains out with sex workers/prostitutes see fit to say that a 'disabled' person should not be aided to the same pleasures.

Talk about "I'm all right, Jack, and fuck you!"

Owlswing

)O(
You seem to be missing the point. This is from the viewpoint of those saying that prostitution is exploitation no matter who you are.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2021, 09:49:16 PM »
You seem to be missing the point. This is from the viewpoint of those saying that prostitution is exploitation no matter who you are.
That is simplistic. There are expensive, high-class prostitutes who choose their job freely, and are not controlled by pimps.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Collective_of_Prostitutes
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2021, 10:08:23 PM »
That is simplistic. There are expensive, high-class prostitutes who choose their job freely, and are not controlled by pimps.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Collective_of_Prostitutes
And that's idiotic about what prostitution involves. Keep supporting trafficking and slavery to indulge your little wank fantasy.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2021, 10:18:00 PM »
And that's idiotic about what prostitution involves. Keep supporting trafficking and slavery to indulge your little wank fantasy.
Somewhat uncalled-for, I think. I'm not in favour of prostitution in any form, but there are different kinds.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 10:57:52 PM »
Somewhat uncalled-for, I think. I'm not in favour of prostitution in any form, but there are different kinds.
So what point are you making0?

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 11:38:03 PM »
So what point are you making0?
That it's a bit more complex than your earlier post suggested.

Owlswing

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 04:06:50 AM »

In Sydney, Australia, while I worked in the Clubs, I was well acquainted with many of the 'working girls', a.k.a. prostitutes, and the vast majority were on the game by personal choice.

Any man trying to become a pimp would very soon find himself leaving the Cross, sometimes to move somewhere else and sometimes for hospital for the treating of various fractures.

Not all prostitutes are in the business under duress.

Of course, I realised that I would get such a comment as yours, you seem to comment from a higher plane uneducated by experience.

Be that as it may, you are, of course, entitled to see anything and everything from your own viewpoint

No one can deny you that right. especially not me!!!

Owlswing

)O(

)O(
The Holy Bible, probably the most diabolical work of fiction ever to be visited upon mankind.

An it harm none, do what you will; an it harm some, do what you must!

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 07:03:46 AM »
In Sydney, Australia, while I worked in the Clubs, I was well acquainted with many of the 'working girls', a.k.a. prostitutes, and the vast majority were on the game by personal choice.

Any man trying to become a pimp would very soon find himself leaving the Cross, sometimes to move somewhere else and sometimes for hospital for the treating of various fractures.

Of course, I realised that I would get such a comment as yours, you seem to comment from a higher plane uneducated by experience.

Be that as it may, you are, of course, entitled to see anything and everything from your own viewpoint

Owlswing

)O(

)O(
Quite - thanks for the back-up. That's the only point I was trying to make; that it's more complex than NS's earlier post suggested. They're not all operating under duress. I certainly don't approve of prostitution, which is dangerous for the prostitutes, even if they are independent operators. As for "wank fantasy", I find the whole idea something of a turn-off.

BeRational

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 11:19:13 AM »
I see nothing wrong with the judgement.

He wants to pay for a service the sex worker is offering.

What is the problem?
I see gullible people, everywhere!

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2021, 11:30:43 AM »

I see nothing wrong with the judgement.

He wants to pay for a service the sex worker is offering.

What is the problem?
As per this article I put up earlier

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2021, 01:58:34 PM »

The title of that article is a thoroughgoing straw man. No-one has a right to purchase any service or product; the vendor can always refuse their custom. However, when the vendor is willing to sell, and the transaction is legal, there shouldn't be a problem. (I repeat that I don't approve of prostitution, but, unlike some, I don't want to ban everything I personally disapprove of. Prostitution should be allowed with legal controls, and there's a case for licensed brothels.)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2021, 02:56:11 PM »
The title of that article is a thoroughgoing straw man. No-one has a right to purchase any service or product; the vendor can always refuse their custom. However, when the vendor is willing to sell, and the transaction is legal, there shouldn't be a problem. (I repeat that I don't approve of prostitution, but, unlike some, I don't want to ban everything I personally disapprove of. Prostitution should be allowed with legal controls, and there's a case for licensed brothels.)
Leaving aside your attempt to poison the well by imolying that my objection is simply that I disapprove of prostitution, there are real issues with your approach. If you, alliw regulation and licensing then in theory it's a valid career and one that if someone refused a job in could lead to having unemployment benefits withdrawn.

Anyway here's an article covering the Nordic Model, and note there is mention of the 'Pussy Club' a licensed brothel in Germany. 

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2021, 02:58:34 PM »
That it's a bit more complex than your earlier post suggested.
I think you're the one being over simplistic. That there might be some people doing it willingly does not negate that millions across the world are trapped into it.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2021, 03:05:40 PM »

Owlswing

)O(

)O(
You shouldn't make idiotic assumptions about what experience someone has based on no fucking knowledge.For 10 years I did volunteering work for a charity aimed at helping women who had worked as prostitutes out of the trap they were in. The vast majority of them had either been trafficked, or werr supporting a drug habit. I volunteered because a colleague I had worked with had a drug habit that lead to her losing her job, and then ended up working as a prostitute. 2 years later she was dead. She was 26 .

BeRational

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2021, 03:49:02 PM »

I agree that it should be allowed.

I cannot see why it would be illegal.

Everything should be allowed unless you can demonstrate a good reason why it should not be.

People finding it distasteful is not a good reason

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2021, 03:50:27 PM »
I agree that it should be allowed.

I cannot see why it would be illegal.

Everything should be allowed unless you can demonstrate a good reason why it should not be.

People finding it distasteful is not a good reason
Ir's not it being distasteful. It's the outcomes.

BeRational

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2021, 04:11:59 PM »
Ir's not it being distasteful. It's the outcomes.

The outcome that he paid for sex and someone willingly offered the service and was paid.

That is an outcome.

I see nothing wrong with that

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2021, 04:33:48 PM »
The outcome that he paid for sex and someone willingly offered the service and was paid.

That is an outcome.

I see nothing wrong with that
The overall outcomes of prostitution

BeRational

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2021, 05:11:46 PM »
The overall outcomes of prostitution

Just because there can be negative outcomes that should not make it completely wrong in my mind.
Drinking leads to alcoholism,  driving leads to road deaths etc. 

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2021, 05:40:43 PM »
Just because there can be negative outcomes that should not make it completely wrong in my mind.
Drinking leads to alcoholism,  driving leads to road deaths etc.
And yet at some point you would think drinking was bad based on overall outcomes. Say it killed 50% of the people who started drinking?