Author Topic: Women aged 18 to 50 should stop drinking alcohol, World Health Organisation says  (Read 586 times)

SteveH

• God? She's black.
It might be theoretically beneficial, but it's totally unrealistic.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Roses

I think many men and women drink far too much if the alcohol bottles left out for recycling are an indication of consumption.  I don't think drinking in strict moderation is harmful, but obviously when a woman is pregnant no alcohol should be consumed as it can harm the foetus.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
I think many men and women drink far too much if the alcohol bottles left out for recycling are an indication of consumption.  I don't think drinking in strict moderation is harmful, but obviously when a woman is pregnant no alcohol should be consumed as it can harm the foetus.

That's not what it is about. The WHO issued a missive saying no woman in the age range 18 to 50 should drink alcohol because it would harm their babies if they get pregnant.

It is true to say that alcohol is a poison and everybody should really abstain (I say this as I sit here with a glass of white wine), but why single out women who can get pregnant? It looks a bit like the WHO regards them as nothing more than breeding machines. That is what the problem is.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
Barbara Ellen, rather good on this I thought:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jun/19/its-not-our-health-that-concerns-you-guys-its-women-having-fun?

(Incidentally her musings below that on Ronaldo are quite entertaining too)
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.