Author Topic: New Category of Petrol  (Read 999 times)

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
New Category of Petrol
« on: June 26, 2021, 11:02:25 AM »
I found this on my trawl of the BBC this morning:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57585105

Apparently E10 petrol has an increased amount of ethanol in it (10% as opposed to 5% currently in use in most petrols).

Embedded in the article is a govt website that lets you know if your car is compatible with E10 petrol. It is here for ease:

https://check-vehicle-compatibility-e10-petrol.service.gov.uk/
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Roses

Re: New Category of Petrol
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 11:21:00 AM »
An eco friendly petrol seems like a great idea. :)
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 06:38:59 PM »
In my case, moving to within walking distance of my place of work would have reduced my fossil fuel usage by far more than having an extra 5% ethanol in my fuel.

I say "would have" because I have spent most of the last year and a bit working from home.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 10:47:04 PM »
An eco friendly petrol seems like a great idea. :)
Somewhat less eco-hostile, maybe, but not eco-friendly.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 10:47:04 AM »
Somewhat less eco-hostile, maybe, but not eco-friendly.

Yes, I was only trying to make people aware of this option, not claiming it's eco friendly.

Interestingly, in California people have been asked to stop charging there electric cars due to the surge in use of power due to the heatwave there. A heatwave caused by climate heating, which the combustion engine has no doubt played a part in. So all those people trying to do the right thing by getting an electric car are being penalised whilst those with a petrol car are free to go on driving.

Nature has a sense of irony.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Roses

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 11:19:02 AM »
Yes, I was only trying to make people aware of this option, not claiming it's eco friendly.

Interestingly, in California people have been asked to stop charging there electric cars due to the surge in use of power due to the heatwave there. A heatwave caused by climate heating, which the combustion engine has no doubt played a part in. So all those people trying to do the right thing by getting an electric car are being penalised whilst those with a petrol car are free to go on driving.

Nature has a sense of irony.

Agreed.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."