Author Topic: Methodists affirm gay marriage.  (Read 31180 times)

bluehillside Retd.

Re: Methodists affirm gay marriage.
« Reply #400 on: July 11, 2021, 12:18:23 PM »
Vlad,

The Hillside bus company is pleased to announce that following its equality programme the ladies toilets at the bus station will have six out of its eight stalls removed to accommodate new urinals.

Stop evading.
"Don't make me come down there."

God

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #401 on: July 11, 2021, 12:33:38 PM »
Vlad,

Stop evading.
I’m not avoiding. Just illustrating where your cack handed dogmatism inevitably leads.......

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #402 on: July 11, 2021, 12:37:20 PM »
Vlad,

I’m not avoiding. Just illustrating where your cack handed dogmatism inevitably leads.......

You're not illustrating anything. Your homophobia has been justified with plain and coherent reasoning. You can either try at least to address that reasoning or you can keep evading it, in which case we can add cowardice to the lying and homophobia we know about already.

Your choice.   

God

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #403 on: July 11, 2021, 12:48:51 PM »
Vlad,

You're not illustrating anything. Your homophobia has been justified with plain and coherent reasoning. You can either try at least to address that reasoning or you can keep evading it, in which case we can add cowardice to the lying and homophobia we know about already.

Your choice.
The only reasonable and plain conclusion is that gender important marriage is not gender neutral marriage. The term holy is being ignored on the strength of atheistic positions.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #404 on: July 11, 2021, 12:59:26 PM »
Vlad,

The only reasonable and plain conclusion...

The only way to arrive at a reasoned position is to address the reasons that have been set out plainly for you that show you to be homophobic. Unless you finally try at lest to do that, all you have is evasion. 

...is that gender important marriage is not gender neutral marriage.

More BS. Either you think that it's a good thing that rights are denied to gay people solely on the ground of their orientation or you don't. If you do, you're a homophobe. So far, all you've told us is that you are homophobic. 

The term holy is being ignored on the strength of atheistic positions.

The term "holy" is a religious faith claim, but the point here is that even if we take it at face value the application of it that you espouse is homophobic.

You can run away from that all you like (and you will), but you can't hide from it.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 01:04:35 PM by bluehillside Retd. »

God

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #405 on: July 11, 2021, 12:59:59 PM »
Vlad - you cannot avoid the fact that your church discriminates against gay people. That is, frankly, undeniable. Presumably you feel that discrimination is justified as you support it.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #406 on: July 11, 2021, 01:01:25 PM »
Vlad,

Your choice.
The only thing we can plainly and coherently reason is that gender important marriage is not gender neutral marriage. The term holy is ignored because of your atheist position and if the word homophobia was reasoned then it would come out as fear of homosexuality. Where do you think that fear is?

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #407 on: July 11, 2021, 01:03:38 PM »
Vlad - you cannot avoid the fact that your church discriminates against gay people. That is, frankly, undeniable. Presumably you feel that discrimination is justified as you support it.
I don’t deny discrimination but deny the necessity of it being a bad thing. In fact I have written why I believe Gender neutral marriage is a different thing to gender important marriage.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 01:06:44 PM by Walt Zingmatilder »

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #408 on: July 11, 2021, 01:10:10 PM »
Vlad,

The only thing we can plainly and coherently reason is that gender important marriage is not gender neutral marriage.

You can't "plainly and coherently reason" if you refuse to try to reason anything. The reasons for describing you as homophobic have been set out for you. Why won't you address them?

The term holy is ignored because of your atheist position...

As I just explained to you, it isn't ignored at all. It's taken at face value - but the question remains why you think it should be enacted homophobically.

...and if the word homophobia was reasoned then it would come out as fear of homosexuality. Where do you think that fear is?

You've had that lies detonated long ago.

Why do you think homophobia is a good thing provided it's your church that does it?

God

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #409 on: July 11, 2021, 01:15:07 PM »
Vlad,

I don’t deny discrimination but deny the necessity of it being a bad thing.

So, finally, you now concede that you think that homophobia isn't a bad thing (provided, presumably, that it's your church that does it). Well, that's progress of a sort i guess.

In fact I have written why I believe Gender neutral marriage is a different thing to gender important marriage.

And it's still irrelevant.

You espouse a homophobic god story and consequent homophobic church practices, and you don't think that's a bad thing.

What does that make you then? I'll give you a clue: it begins "ho...".   

God

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #410 on: July 11, 2021, 01:19:08 PM »
Vlad,

You can't "plainly and coherently reason" if you refuse to try to reason anything. The reasons for describing you as homophobic have been set out for you. Why won't you address them?

As I just explained to you, it isn't ignored at all. It's taken at face value - but the question remains why you think it should be enacted homophobically.

You've had that lies detonated long ago.

Why do you think homophobia is a good thing provided it's your church that does it?
Again where is the fear here?It’s your definition of homophobia which is incorrect here.
If there is anyway of describing the discrimination here it is positive discrimination........please revisit my position on same sex marriage.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #411 on: July 11, 2021, 01:20:46 PM »
Vlad,

So, finally, you now concede that you think that homophobia isn't a bad thing (provided, presumably,
No I said discrimination isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #412 on: July 11, 2021, 01:30:16 PM »
Vlad,

Again where is the fear here?It’s your definition of homophobia which is incorrect here.

Stop fucking around. You tried this long ago on this thread, and it was explained you that the root of the word does not delineate its meaning. You had it explained to you that meaning shifts happen a lot in language, which is why words like "awful" no longer mean "full of awe". You were given links to online dictionaries that tell you what the word means. Its meaning encompasses fear of (now rarely used), prejudice against or discrimination on the ground of sexual orientation.

You are also quite capable of reading those Posts again.   

If there is anyway of describing the discrimination here it is positive discrimination........please revisit my position on same sex marriage.

Denying rights to gay people that you make available to straight people is now "positive" is it? You should be ashamed of yourself.   

God

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #413 on: July 11, 2021, 01:32:27 PM »
Vlad,

No I said discrimination isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

As a justification for your church's homophobia. Stop evading.   

God

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #414 on: July 11, 2021, 01:42:36 PM »
Vlad,

OK, I'm done with this. We knew you to be a liar, but now we know you to be a homophobic one too.

And you know what's even more contemptible about your attempts to justify it? It puts you on the same spectrum as people who beat up young men on the street. If you can justify the homophobic practices you approve of, on what basis would you deny the homophobic practices you don't endorse?

After all, they’re all just varying applications of discrimination right?

Fucking disgusting.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 02:50:42 PM by bluehillside Retd. »

God

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #415 on: July 11, 2021, 01:56:27 PM »
I don’t deny discrimination but deny the necessity of it being a bad thing.
Which is an attempt to justify it - people who discriminate often look to justify it on the basis that they aren't affected. Yet will be up in arms at any attempt at discrimination against them.

And you are a past master at this - ranting at attempts to remove special privileges for religion (note removing privilege rather than discrimination against) as if it were discrimination. So if you can't even accept a level playing field for your religion can you imagine how incensed you'd be about actual discrimination against your religion. Yet you seem perfectly comfortable for your church to discriminate against others.

Spud

« Reply #416 on: July 11, 2021, 05:32:16 PM »
Vlad,

Stop fucking around. You tried this long ago on this thread, and it was explained you that the root of the word does not delineate its meaning. You had it explained to you that meaning shifts happen a lot in language, which is why words like "awful" no longer mean "full of awe". You were given links to online dictionaries that tell you what the word means. Its meaning encompasses fear of (now rarely used), prejudice against or discrimination on the ground of sexual orientation.

You are also quite capable of reading those Posts again.   

Denying rights to gay people that you make available to straight people is now "positive" is it? You should be ashamed of yourself.
I always thought homophobia was a fear of homosexuals fancying you. If that led to discrimination then it's frankly a natural thing to happen. As I see it, the homosexuals have played the victim and accused the homophobic person of unjustified discrimination.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #417 on: July 11, 2021, 05:44:58 PM »
Spud,

I always thought homophobia was a fear of homosexuals fancying you.

Then you have always thought wrongly. That's not what it means at all. What it means is what I (and dictionaries) have been explaining it means - prejudice or discrimination against homosexuals on the ground of their homosexuality. 

If that led to discrimination then it's frankly a natural thing to happen.

It didn't - the discrimination comes from ignorance - and in any case, why on earth would even be a "natural thing to happen"? How do you think women have coped with unwanted "fancying" from men these last few millennia - by attacking them?

As I see it, the homosexuals have played the victim and accused the homophobic person of unjustified discrimination.

You ought to be deeply, deeply ashamed of yourself for that vicious example of pig ignorance. So the gay man walking home at night minding his own business and getting beaten up by a gang of beery thugs is playing the victim and accusing the homophobic thugs of unjustified discrimination is he?

Go and give your head a wobble will you. Mindless bigotry and victim blaming like yours has no place in decent company.

Shame. On. You.   

God

Spud

« Reply #418 on: July 11, 2021, 05:52:19 PM »
Spud,

Then you have always thought wrongly. That's not what it means at all. What it means is what I (and dictionaries) have been explaining it means - prejudice or discrimination against homosexuals on the ground of their homosexuality. 

It didn't - the discrimination comes from ignorance - and in any case, why on earth would even be a "natural thing to happen"? How do you think women have coped with unwanted "fancying" from men these last few millennia - by attacking them?

You ought to be deeply, deeply ashamed of yourself for that vicious example of pig ignorance. So the gay man walking home at night minding his own business and getting beaten up by a gang of beery thugs is playing the victim and accusing the homophobic thugs of unjustified discrimination is he?

Go and give your head a wobble will you. Mindless bigotry and victim blaming like yours has no place in decent company.

Shame. On. You.
I think you're the one with the problem here. You're picking on Christians because you hate that they don't share your beliefs. The shame is on you sir.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #419 on: July 11, 2021, 05:59:36 PM »
Spud,

No, I’m “picking on” homophobes who discriminate against, harass, malign, beat up or otherwise make life even more difficult for gay people than it otherwise need be.

If some of those homophobes are Christians who use their faith to justify their contemptible behaviour, so be it.

Forum rules prevent me from saying what I think of you - suffice it to say therefore that I’m fucking disgusted by you and your posts.

God

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #420 on: July 11, 2021, 06:23:12 PM »
Your definition is incorrect Spud:

ho·​mo·​pho·​bia | \ ˌhō-mə-ˈfō-bē-ə  \
Definition of homophobia
: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or gay people

Nothing to do with gay people fancying straight people.

As if you are all that fucking irresistible.  ::)
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #421 on: July 11, 2021, 06:49:25 PM »
I always thought homophobia was a fear of homosexuals fancying you. If that led to discrimination then it's frankly a natural thing to happen. As I see it, the homosexuals have played the victim and accused the homophobic person of unjustified discrimination.
Apart from showing your utter ignorance about homophobia which others have already corrected you on, the idea that my gay friends who I visited in hospital after they were beaten up for being gay were playing the victim is a joke. Your ignorance and vapid ill thought out homophobia in part supports those thugs that beat my friends up. It pisses on any idea that Jesus may have talked about loving other people. It twists the spear in his side. It pushes the crown of thorns deeper onto his head. It adds a further 39 scourges.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #422 on: July 12, 2021, 10:51:08 AM »
NS,

Apart from showing your utter ignorance about homophobia which others have already corrected you on, the idea that my gay friends who I visited in hospital after they were beaten up for being gay were playing the victim is a joke. Your ignorance and vapid ill thought out homophobia in part supports those thugs that beat my friends up. It pisses on any idea that Jesus may have talked about loving other people. It twists the spear in his side. It pushes the crown of thorns deeper onto his head. It adds a further 39 scourges.

Very well expressed. Funny isn't it, how some of the people here who are most Christian (big C) are also the least christian (small c).

God

Roses

« Reply #423 on: July 12, 2021, 12:27:41 PM »
NS,

Very well expressed. Funny isn't it, how some of the people here who are most Christian (big C) are also the least christian (small c).

You are so right. :o
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Outrider

« Reply #424 on: July 12, 2021, 01:13:47 PM »
I always thought homophobia was a fear of homosexuals fancying you.

I missed the bit where Jesus said that shrimps and haircuts were now fine, but woe betide anyone he catches with a dictionary...

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints