Author Topic: Yes, it would be very ungenerous indeed, since you ask.  (Read 1269 times)

SteveH

• God? She's black.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Roses

Re: Yes, it would be very ungenerous indeed, since you ask.
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 02:19:50 PM »
YAWN! ::)
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021, 02:25:25 PM »
Yes, it is no surprise that a Tory MP might write something this idiotically stupid. It's so common as to be yawn inducingly tedious
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 03:26:27 PM by Nearly Sane »

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 03:18:57 PM »
Roses I don't understand your "Yawn".

It is surely, in view of events, quite revealing that a politician should react in this way. Or don't you approve of footballers actually caring about the less well off in society?
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Roses

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 03:32:43 PM »
Apparently the person concerned has apologised for the remark, although there is no excuse for having made it in the first place. :o I get a bit fed up with some people going on about how terrible the Tories are. Yes some of them are very bad indeed, but people from other parties, like that man Corbyn, are far from perfect.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 03:40:48 PM »
Apparently the person concerned has apologised for the remark, although there is no excuse for having made it in the first place. :o I get a bit fed up with some people going on about how terrible the Tories are. Yes some of them are very bad indeed, but people from other parties, like that man Corbyn, are far from perfect.
First class whataboutery.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2021, 03:41:30 PM »

I suggest you take a long hard look at the Tories and their policies. As to Corbyn being far from perfect, this is true, who of us is. But he is not the out and out liar that Boris Johnson is. He's also never been in power so to make a comparison is very difficult.

The Tories are pushing all sorts of laws through under the radar cover that the pandemic has provided. I worry about the actual fabric of our democracy if things continue the way they do.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Roses

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2021, 04:48:00 PM »
I suggest you take a long hard look at the Tories and their policies. As to Corbyn being far from perfect, this is true, who of us is. But he is not the out and out liar that Boris Johnson is. He's also never been in power so to make a comparison is very difficult.

The Tories are pushing all sorts of laws through under the radar cover that the pandemic has provided. I worry about the actual fabric of our democracy if things continue the way they do.

I think he is every bit as bad as Boris.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2021, 05:04:15 PM »
I think he is every bit as bad as Boris.

Then you really aren't paying attention.

Roses

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2021, 05:16:21 PM »
I have no time for Boris, the sooner he is gone the better, however Corbyn is a highly unpleasant piece of work who lied about antisemitism in the Labour party, and was apparently supportive of the IRA. 

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2021, 06:12:47 PM »
I have no time for Boris, the sooner he is gone the better, however Corbyn is a highly unpleasant piece of work who lied about antisemitism in the Labour party, and was apparently supportive of the IRA.

So as NS said. Whataboutery. And out of date whataboutery at that.

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2021, 06:31:37 PM »
As far as I am aware Corbyn is a backbench MP who, even as leader of the opposition, had no actual executive power in running the country.

Boris, on the other hand is Prime Minister. Comparing the two is completely irrelevant as their abilities to impact on our lives are completely different.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2021, 10:50:39 PM »
YAWN! ::)
Rather a childish and pointless comment. I'd've thought you'd agree.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2021, 10:56:47 PM »
Jeremy Corbyn is a bloody good bloke, even if he has made some foolish comments in the past (who hasn't?). Lied about antisemitism in the Labour party? I think you mean Johnson (and stop calling him "Boris"). JC never supported the IRA's terrorism.

Roses

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2021, 11:14:36 AM »
Jeremy Corbyn is a bloody good bloke, even if he has made some foolish comments in the past (who hasn't?). Lied about antisemitism in the Labour party? I think you mean Johnson (and stop calling him "Boris"). JC never supported the IRA's terrorism.

Corbyn and Boris have a lot in common, liars and useless leaders of their parties. 

Robbie

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2021, 03:59:05 PM »
Corbyn and Boris have a lot in common, liars and useless leaders of their parties.

Please share with us the topic or topics about which Jeremy Corbyn lied.
True Wit is Nature to Advantage drest,
          What oft was Thought, but ne’er so well Exprest

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2021, 05:24:43 PM »

His name is Alexander. 

"Boris" is a brand which he has developed in the expectation (so far justified) that people will fail to recognise the many, serious shortcomings he possesses as a politician and believe the eccentricities which he has developed and exhibited in his non-political life exemplify the man underneath. The name "Boris" is not a name generally favoured by the British - it is one with sinister undertones (and used as such by the English actor William Henry Pratt) which make it very recognisable. A significant portion of the electorate discount the frequent failings of Alexander Johnson and appear to consider them to be "Boris" being "Boris".

Marcus Rashford is a caring and compassionate human being who made an error in a public entertainment spectacle. He deserves much better from from politicians ...
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2021, 11:06:50 PM »
Stop calling him Boris! He is Johnson! Do you call any other MP or former PM by their first name only? Calling him Boris is playing his game - it makes him sound friendly and matey, instead of a heartless, lying, unprincipled, adulterous bastard, as he really is.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2021, 11:14:02 PM »
Stop calling him Boris! He is Johnson! Do you call any other MP or former PM by their first name only? Calling him Boris is playing his game - it makes him sound friendly and matey, instead of a heartless, lying, unprincipled, adulterous bastard, as he really is.
Honestly I give no fucks about the adulterous or heartless stuff. That he's a corrupt racist thug is worse, and his proven lying to parliament.

ad_orientem

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2021, 11:40:35 PM »

Bozo's acceptable. Clown and all that.
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2021, 08:50:52 AM »

You missed out 'hypocritical'.
Sorry.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2021, 10:53:11 AM »
   You missed out 'hypocritical'.
Sorry.
Actually, I originally put "hypocritical" in there somewhere, but I kept mistyping and accidentally copying bits and deleting other bits because my craptop was misbehaving, and it got lost.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2021, 06:15:51 PM »
You keep thinking the Tories can't get any viler, but they keep proving you wrong.

Yes because winning a football competition is far more important than underprivileged children getting proper nutrition.

/sarcasm
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply