Author Topic: COVID test q'aire & religion  (Read 1898 times)

bluehillside Retd.

Re: COVID test q'aire & religion
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2021, 11:33:22 AM »
ad,

Get well soon mate!

Just have to ask, what the hell is a "follow q'aire"?

Thank you.

Sorry, I should have said “follow-up” there. I had the test on Monday morning, got the result Tuesday morning and soon after was sent a q’aire about how I found the texting experience (“Were the staff helpful?” etc). Normally I don’t respond to q’aires, but given the circs I thought I should.
"Don't make me come down there."

God

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2021, 11:36:31 AM »
Steve,

Hospitals routinely ask in-patients for their religion in case they snuff it, so that they know which variety of sky-pilot to contact. This is probably the same.

I don't think so. Yes it makes sense for hospitals (in case the worst happens) but this was more a "Help us improve our service by answering a few questions about your experience" type of deal. 

God

ad_orientem

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2021, 11:41:18 AM »
ad,

Thank you.

Sorry, I should have said “follow-up” there. I had the test on Monday morning, got the result Tuesday morning and soon after was sent a q’aire about how I found the texting experience (“Were the staff helpful?” etc). Normally I don’t respond to q’aires, but given the circs I thought I should.

I didn't know what q'aire meant. Of course, I could just google it. :)
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

Roses

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2021, 11:49:55 AM »
I didn't know what q'aire meant. Of course, I could just google it. :)

Questionnaire
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2021, 12:06:29 PM »
Steve,

I don't think so. Yes it makes sense for hospitals (in case the worst happens) but this was more a "Help us improve our service by answering a few questions about your experience" type of deal.
Yes seems a slightly odd question to ask, and usually there are standard stock 'tick-box' answers just like for ethnicity. I've certainly never seen a question asked on religion with both 'no religion' and 'atheist' as options.

When you report lateral flow test results via the NHS system they ask about age, sex and ethnicity, which make sense as building up data on who is, and isn't getting infected is useful in a demographic context. They don't ask about religion however.

ad_orientem

« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2021, 12:19:58 PM »
Questionnaire

I thought it was some French phrase. LOL!
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2021, 12:39:57 PM »
Just to go off topic for a mo, I thought I'd cheer myself up by watching some decent sport on the Olympics coverage. All I can find instead though is dancing horses (there don't seem to be many African competitors oddly...).

Any new sports nominations for the Paris Olympics to come - Eton fives maybe? Carriage driving perhaps? 

God

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2021, 02:02:48 PM »
Just to go off topic for a mo, I thought I'd cheer myself up by watching some decent sport on the Olympics coverage. All I can find instead though is dancing horses (there don't seem to be many African competitors oddly...).

Any new sports nominations for the Paris Olympics to come - Eton fives maybe? Carriage driving perhaps?
Isn't "dancing horses" what we always used to call dressage? If so, it's been in the Olympics for quite a while.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2021, 03:05:38 PM »
Jeremy,

Isn't "dancing horses" what we always used to call dressage? If so, it's been in the Olympics for quite a while.

Tokyo 2020 will embrace ‘Diversity’ by celebrating the differences of individuals, while ‘Inclusion’ will see people accepted and respected regardless of age, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or intellectual or physical impairment (provided they can afford a dancing horse)."

Can you guess which bit I added?  ;)

Also (I’m on a roll now by the way) what hell is the carbon footprint from shipping horses to the other side of the world and back again?

And another thing... (wanders off mumbling to himself, trying to kick a passing stray dog but missing etc).     

God

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2021, 04:09:23 PM »
Jeremy,

Tokyo 2020 will embrace ‘Diversity’ by celebrating the differences of individuals, while ‘Inclusion’ will see people accepted and respected regardless of age, ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs or intellectual or physical impairment (provided they can afford a dancing horse)."

Can you guess which bit I added?  ;)

Also (I’m on a roll now by the way) what hell is the carbon footprint from shipping horses to the other side of the world and back again?

And another thing... (wanders off mumbling to himself, trying to kick a passing stray dog but missing etc).     

Wee point.
As I read this, my screen reader speed was at the highest level.
What I read was  "....the carbon footprint for shitting horses..."
My mind went off in several directions at that point; not all blessed with coherance.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2021, 04:21:12 PM »
Anchs,

Wee point.
As I read this, my screen reader speed was at the highest level.
What I read was  "....the carbon footprint for shitting horses..."
My mind went off in several directions at that point; not all blessed with coherance.

Are you sure that's a "wee" point?  :)

Anyway, we're right off topic now (my fault) so that's enough Dave Spartism from me for one day. 

God