Author Topic: Scottish parliament must take stand against the farcical Queen’s consent ruling  (Read 982 times)

Gordon

• Administrator
Agree - this nonsense needs to stop (along with the monarchy itself).

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
Time auld Lizzie not the second got her marching orders and took her hapless brood with her.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
Pity the SNP govt are so shite on this.

Gordon

• Administrator
The weegingerdug has a view on this.

https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/

Gordon

• Administrator
Pity the SNP govt are so shite on this.

Although they are obliged to comply with this process, they Scottish Government should at least let us know when the royal parasites are stacking the deck in their own favour.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
The weegingerdug has a view on this.

https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/

Was goona post this:
Pual at his best.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
I'm honestly amazed that this is even a thing. I could understand BJ kow-towing to the Royals, but not the Scottish government.

Edit: I'm also somewhat disappointed that the Royals would seek to gain such advantage

This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Gordon

• Administrator
I'm honestly amazed that this is even a thing. I could understand BJ kow-towing to the Royals, but not the Scottish government.

From what I've read the SG have no choice: they are legally required to comply.

Scottish ministers were legally required under legislation passed by Westminster to allow the Queen to scrutinise and change bills in advance.

The secrecy aspect is also of concern.

The Scottish government is refusing to publish details about the Queen’s secret lobbying of ministers because it would undermine “the appearance of political neutrality” that the monarch adopts in public.

Both quotes from;

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/29/scottish-government-refuses-to-publish-details-about-queens-secret-lobbying

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
From what I've read the SG have no choice: they are legally required to comply.

The secrecy aspect is also of concern.

Both quotes from;

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/jul/29/scottish-government-refuses-to-publish-details-about-queens-secret-lobbying
The Scottish govt are cowards.

Gordon

• Administrator
The Scottish govt are cowards.

They are indeed.

The SG should tell the Scottish electorate the details of what the monarchy are insisting on by way of changes to planned legislation, and where the SG feel that they cannot agree with the requested changes then they should tell us why they are not prepared to accede to requests from the monarchy and that, therefore, the legislation cannot then pass.

For this arcane nonsense to end the Scottish electorate need to know when the privilege card is being played in order that political pressure can be exerted to get rid: no wonder they try to keep it secret!     

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

Edit: I'm also somewhat disappointed that the Royals would seek to gain such advantage
Why are you disappointed? The whole idea of 'being royal' is seeking to get advantage.