Author Topic: Plymouth Shooting  (Read 1625 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
Re: Plymouth Shooting
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2021, 05:12:41 PM »
Still not terrorism.

If you label everything where people in a group get together to do violence as terrorism, the word loses all meaning. It's not as if the crime magically becomes easier to cope with by labelling it as terrorism. You aren't going to solve the problem by calling it something it is not.
Not sure I see what your argument is here. If it is violence to intimidate and frighten, and it is an ideology,and I'm arguing that it is, then that is the definition here. You didn't present any argument against what I said.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 05:51:32 PM by Nearly Sane »

SteveH

• God? She's black.
Re: Plymouth Shooting
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2021, 09:41:55 AM »
It's not saying that every man is bad but that men as a sex class carry out the vast majority of violence. That they have as a sex class oppressed women. That women's rights have had to be fought for.

And I can't help but note the implication that women and children are possessions in your post 'their women an children'
Words such as "my" and "their" do not necessarily indicate possession, merely a relationship with. How else could it be expressed than "their women and children"?
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".