Author Topic: Should he stay or should he go?  (Read 23893 times)

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
Re: Should he stay or should he go?
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2022, 09:40:06 AM »
 'A fish rots from the head down'

Somewhat appropriate that it is thought that the origins of this phrase came from Turkey.

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/fish-rot-from-the-head-down.html
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2022, 09:58:58 AM »
This explains it all:

Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2022, 08:57:28 PM »
Rory Bremner. Being funny. Who knew:

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2022, 01:13:09 PM »
Wanting to be seen as big friendly old doggy is totally consistent from somebody posing as a big cherubic cheeky toddler.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2022, 01:20:40 PM »

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2022, 01:58:17 PM »
Wanting to be seen as big friendly old doggy is totally consistent from somebody posing as a big cherubic cheeky toddler.
Alastair Campbell thinks we should stop calling him "Boris", as it plays right into his hands. He's not a friendly, somewhat dishevelled bloke; he's a dangerous, corrupt psychopath.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

SusanDoris

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2022, 04:08:16 PM »
Alastair Campbell thinks we should stop calling him "Boris", as it plays right into his hands. He's not a friendly, somewhat dishevelled bloke; he's a dangerous, corrupt psychopath.
That is just ridiculous.

I see from these last two posts that I am correct in staying well away from this topic.

However, I'm just going to post that I think he must stay. As Edwina Currie said on FiveLive last night, Jeremy Hunt would bore the pants off everyone and Lyn Truss (if that's her name) is just a shadow. Okay, I don't watch TV news or anything, but on the radio, she does not appear daily .

The whole thing has been blown up to be as scandalous as possible and will be replaced by the next scandalwaiting round the corner, no doubt.

There is no-one who could take his place and the devil you know is better than the one you don't.
The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2022, 04:38:33 PM »
That is just ridiculous.

I see from these last two posts that I am correct in staying well away from this topic.

However, I'm just going to post that I think he must stay. As Edwina Currie said on FiveLive last night, Jeremy Hunt would bore the pants off everyone and Lyn Truss (if that's her name) is just a shadow. Okay, I don't watch TV news or anything, but on the radio, she does not appear daily .

The whole thing has been blown up to be as scandalous as possible and will be replaced by the next scandalwaiting round the corner, no doubt.

There is no-one who could take his place and the devil you know is better than the one you don't.
Why do you want a lying racist incompetent sexist thug as PM?

SusanDoris

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2022, 04:57:19 PM »
Why do you want a lying racist incompetent sexist thug as PM?
:D I think that coud be considered a very mild reply from you!!!

Okay - who would you like to be there instead?!

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2022, 05:00:58 PM »

Shall we start with someone competent and honest and work up from there, admittedly few in the Tory party currently aspire to either of those attributes, but it would be a start.

Really SD I know you are a Tory but stop trying to defend the clearly indefensible. If you can, try and catch Trevor Phillips on SKY this morning to see just why people are so upset.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2022, 05:23:01 PM »
That is just ridiculous.

Susan

He is a lying and incompetent fuckwit - and a dangerous one, and his party knew what they were getting when they foisted this lying and incompetent fuckwit on the rest of us, so they are all complicit in this as are, in my view, those Tories who voted for Johnson as party leader and for the Tories in the last general election, and for Brexit - the Tory party is rotten to the core and when the likes of Truss is touted as a replacement, and the likes of Rees-Mogg, Baker and Swayne talk bollocks, then the bottom of the barrel has been reached.

No wonder some of us Scots want out of the UK if the majority of the electorate in England (which is where the support for the Tories is primarily based) are still in thrall to this bunch.

SusanDoris

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2022, 05:29:25 PM »
Shall we start with someone competent and honest and work up from there, admittedly few in the Tory party currently aspire to either of those attributes, but it would be a start.
I agree. I can't think of anyone. Can you? Okay, who else, from which party? How would they get there now? They can't. There would have to be a General Election etc etc. But the problem is immediate and urgent.
Really SD I know you are a Tory but stop trying to defend the clearly indefensible. If you can, try and catch Trevor Phillips on SKY this morning to see just why people are so upset.
I quite understand why people are so upset and up in arms, but the almost hysterical views I have heard expressed on FiveLive are neither rational nor practical. Forget the outrage for a moment, and try and post a thoroughly workable immediate solution. I can't. None of it is going to affect me much if at all during my remaining lifetime, but I want the future to be better for my family and greatgrandchildren.

Shutting down now, but will look in on this one tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 05:38:13 PM by SusanDoris »

SusanDoris

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2022, 05:35:27 PM »
NS

I certainly did not vote for Boris. I voted for Jeremy Hunt, but that was because he wasn't Boris.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2022, 05:39:45 PM »
I agree. I can't think of anyone. Can you? Okay, who else, from which party? How would they get there now? They can't. There would have to be a General Election etc etc. But the problem is immediate and urgent.

Then lets have a general election, and hopefully those chunks of the electorate in England who voted Tory for the first time (naively in my opinion) can review their choice now that they can more clearly see what they voted for. Hopefully Scotland would be a Tory-free zone afterwards.

I quite understand why people are so upset and up in arms, but the almost hysterical views I have heard expressed on FiveLive are neither rational nor practical. Forget the outrage for a moment, and try and post a thoroughly workable immediate solution. I can't. None of it is going to affect me much if at all during my remaining lifetime, but I want the future to be better for my family and greatgrandchildren.

Me too - which is why I hope that the current Tory chaos encourages support for Scottish Independence if, as it seems, the majority of the electorate in England are still prepared to support this bunch of dysfunctional chancers.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2022, 05:59:38 PM »
the majority of the electorate in England are still prepared to support this bunch of dysfunctional chancers.

I don't wish to be pedantic (OK perhaps I do) but it's not a majority even in England, where they achieved a 47.2% share in 2019.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2022, 06:08:42 PM »
I don't wish to be pedantic (OK perhaps I do) but it's not a majority even in England, where they achieved a 47.2% share in 2019.

I accept that, so apologies - I'll go for 'enough'.

Even I, which is saying something, felt for the Scottish Tories at being dismissed by Rees-Mogg and Gove: that they don't want Boris the Liar at their forthcoming Conference is telling.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2022, 06:36:45 PM »
NS

I certainly did not vote for Boris. I voted for Jeremy Hunt, but that was because he wasn't Boris.
And yet you are supporting a corrupt lying racist sexist incompetent thug as PM

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2022, 06:41:14 PM »

I don't really care because I don't vote Tory. You do and are happy with a lying incompetent racist sexist corrupt thug as PM.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2022, 08:37:32 PM »
NS

You voted Tory.

SusanDoris

« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2022, 05:57:42 AM »
Then lets have a general election, and hopefully those chunks of the electorate in England who voted Tory for the first time (naively in my opinion) can review their choice now that they can more clearly see what they voted for. Hopefully Scotland would be a Tory-free zone afterwards.

Me too - which is why I hope that the current Tory chaos encourages support for Scottish Independence if, as it seems, the majority of the electorate in England are still prepared to support this bunch of dysfunctional chancers.
But that isn't going to happen in the immediate future, is it? The Tory majority at the moment is large enough to withstand the idea of a General Election and it's wishful thinking to think that everything would turn out the way youwant it to. So, samequestion as before: who should take over now, and how can it be done?

SusanDoris

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2022, 06:08:28 AM »
You voted Tory.
I voted for my local Tory MP, Sir Desmond Swayne, who, with all his faults, is the best for these  parts and the other choices are shadows.

And I don't 'support' Boris, I simply see that there is no other to take his place at the moment and some sort of stability is better than chaos from all parties.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2022, 06:56:21 AM »
So, samequestion as before: who should take over now, and how can it be done?

Someone who isn't a liar, isn't racist, is vaguely competent and isn't corrupt - looking at the leading 'runners and riders' they'll struggle to find anyone who is reassuringly none of these things: I think they'll struggle to find someone since it seems the Tory party is dysfunctional now.

The UK needs to be rid of them, and Scotland needs to be rid of the UK.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2022, 07:02:43 AM »
I voted for my local Tory MP, Sir Desmond Swayne, who, with all his faults, is the best for these  parts and the other choices are shadows.

And I don't 'support' Boris, I simply see that there is no other to take his place at the moment and some sort of stability is better than chaos from all parties.

'Boris' is the primary cause of the chaos, and while he remains there will be no stability - how the Tory party ever thought he would not be chaotic beats me, given his history.

SusanDoris

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2022, 07:27:57 AM »
Someone who isn't a liar, isn't racist, is vaguely competent and isn't corrupt - looking at the leading 'runners and riders' they'll struggle to find anyone who is reassuringly none of these things: I think they'll struggle to find someone since it seems the Tory party is dysfunctional now.

The UK needs to be rid of them, and Scotland needs to be rid of the UK.
That's all very well, but again, it's wishful thinking and just words. The situation is not  going to change just like that. If no-one can  come up with a name for an actual person who would be prepared to step forward to be voted for and who would, in fact, actually get voted for, is the immediate problem. And that is the reason, I think, that boris will be there for a while longer.