Author Topic: Should he stay or should he go?  (Read 23913 times)

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
Re: Should he stay or should he go?
« Reply #425 on: July 05, 2022, 08:52:28 PM »
As he clings to power like a dried turd on a sheep's tail, I wonder who his new chancellor will be....Nadine, knowing Boris.......
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #426 on: July 05, 2022, 10:41:44 PM »
You wait for ages for a resignation and then two come along at once:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-62048657
Gosh!
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #428 on: July 06, 2022, 06:00:52 PM »
Every single fucker that voted Tory. This is what you voted for. Bathe in it.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #429 on: July 06, 2022, 06:03:32 PM »

Yep.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #430 on: July 06, 2022, 06:35:31 PM »
From a friend on FB:

The irony that after all the xenophobia, racism & division caused by Brexit, the right wing majority who voted to keep the brown people out may soon have to decide who they want to lead this country:
Nadhim Zahawi,
Sajid Javid,
Rishi Sunak or
Priti Patel.
Be careful what you wish for.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

SusanDoris

« Reply #431 on: July 07, 2022, 06:50:31 AM »
That is really a very silly remark and in fact I think I'd call it bigoted. I think perhaps you owe those of us who are intelligent and thoughtful voters of the Conservative Party an apology.
The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

SusanDoris

« Reply #432 on: July 07, 2022, 07:05:35 AM »
From a friend on FB:

The irony that after all the xenophobia, racism & division caused by Brexit, the right wing majority who voted to keep the brown people out may soon have to decide who they want to lead this country:
Nadhim Zahawi,
Sajid Javid,
Rishi Sunak or
Priti Patel.
Be careful what you wish for.
It is certainly ironic. For an ancient person like me, it is somewhat sad to see the lack of 'English'* names in the top jobs in Government. I much admire the Aisian-English MPs who have worked hard to obtain those positions but I suppose it is all part of the general disillusionment of those who might otherwise have decided on a career in politics. *sdeep sighs*

*the word English here used as a cover-all word

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #433 on: July 07, 2022, 07:36:35 AM »
That is really a very silly remark and in fact I think I'd call it bigoted. I think perhaps you owe those of us who are intelligent and thoughtful voters of the Conservative Party an apology.
Yes, it was a rather silly remark. Of course it wasn't what they voted for. You might as well say that all the 2001 Labour voters voted for the Iraq war.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022, 07:39:11 AM by Steve H »
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #434 on: July 07, 2022, 07:47:53 AM »
Yes, it was a rather silly remark. Of course it wasn't what they voted for. You might as well say that all the 2001 Labour voters voted for the Iraq war.

Nope. The nature of Johnson was clear for years before he became PM. That analogy doesn't work.

That some voters refused to see those faults speaks volumes for either their own venality or alternatively, naivety.

It is, unfortunately exactly what they voted for.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #435 on: July 07, 2022, 08:00:43 AM »
It is certainly ironic. For an ancient person like me, it is somewhat sad to see the lack of 'English'* names in the top jobs in Government. I much admire the Aisian-English MPs who have worked hard to obtain those positions but I suppose it is all part of the general disillusionment of those who might otherwise have decided on a career in politics. *sdeep sighs*

*the word English here used as a cover-all word
It is ironic, for me, it is somewhat sad to see the lack of Mr M.Mouse, Mike Hunt, I.P. nightly in the list of the top jobs in government.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #436 on: July 07, 2022, 08:17:56 AM »

What "English" names?

Those that came from Normandy with William the Conqueror? Those that have come from Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Cornwall over the centuries? Those that came with Huguenot refugees? Those that came with Jews chased from their homes in continental Europe?
Are you suggesting that these names are more acceptable than those of immigrants from countries which we colonised and gave their inhabitants the status of British subjects?

I celebrate the presence of people with these names in Government. They are a sign of a multicultural society which - for the most part - is at ease with itself.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

SusanDoris

« Reply #437 on: July 07, 2022, 08:59:54 AM »
Nope. The nature of Johnson was clear for years before he became PM. That analogy doesn't work.

That some voters refused to see those faults speaks volumes for either their own venality or alternatively, naivety.

It is, unfortunately exactly what they voted for.
No, it is not. I voted for my local MP and, yes, he is a member of the Conservative Party. At no point was I unaware of the opinions of Boris which is why I did not vote for him at all. To dare to think that all the mistakes the Conservative Party are making are because all Conservative Party   members havne't got a sensible brain amongst them is in itself an unintelligent opinion. To imply that all Conservative Party members are empty-headed is an arrogance.

SusanDoris

« Reply #438 on: July 07, 2022, 09:04:16 AM »
What "English" names?

Those that came from Normandy with William the Conqueror? Those that have come from Scotland, Ireland, Wales and Cornwall over the centuries? Those that came with Huguenot refugees? Those that came with Jews chased from their homes in continental Europe?
Are you suggesting that these names are more acceptable than those of immigrants from countries which we colonised and gave their inhabitants the status of British subjects?

I celebrate the presence of people with these names in Government. They are a sign of a multicultural society which - for the most part - is at ease with itself.
Read my post again and carefully this time, including the last line.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #439 on: July 07, 2022, 09:04:57 AM »
Has a reply of mine been removed? If so, why? I replied to HH's post, but it's disappeared. Maybe I neglected to hit "post".

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #440 on: July 07, 2022, 09:28:20 AM »
I think Tory voters owe everyone an apology.

SweetPea

• John 8:32
« Reply #441 on: July 07, 2022, 09:30:15 AM »
He's going - later today. Put the flags out!
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #442 on: July 07, 2022, 09:32:45 AM »
Has a reply of mine been removed? If so, why? I replied to HH's post, but it's disappeared. Maybe I neglected to hit "post".

Moderator:

Nope - we've not removed anything, Steve.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #443 on: July 07, 2022, 09:33:43 AM »
How can the lying plook stay as PM with his cabinet - what's left of it - rebelling against him, half his government resigned, an economic crisis and a Europan war.....for THREE MONTHS?
What kind of farce of a government can he cobble together?

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #444 on: July 07, 2022, 09:36:09 AM »
He's going - later today. Put the flags out!

Apparently he's going to resign but hang on until a replacement is found: the Tory party haven't even got the brains to get rid of this mendacious fuckwit immediately.

ad_orientem

« Reply #445 on: July 07, 2022, 11:28:25 AM »
Good that he's going but you they're just going to replace him with another idiot toff!
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #446 on: July 07, 2022, 11:39:42 AM »
Good that he's going but you they're just going to replace him with another idiot toff!
Utterly farcical at moment.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #448 on: July 07, 2022, 01:02:51 PM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #449 on: July 07, 2022, 02:30:45 PM »
From a 'sympathetic' commentator. Though it should be tribune of the plebs. I don't think that gets Johnson though, more Nero than Clodius.