Author Topic: Arming the Ukrainians  (Read 110840 times)

splashscuba

• might be an atheist, I just don't believe in gods
Re: Arming the Ukrainians
« Reply #225 on: March 25, 2022, 12:13:51 PM »
I mean get a grip, gay marriage doesn't affect anyone adversely, save those who have narrow enough minds to feel affronted by it.
What he said
I have an infinite number of belief systems cos there are an infinite number of things I don't believe in.

I respect your right to believe whatever you want. I don't have to respect your beliefs.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #226 on: March 25, 2022, 03:30:23 PM »

I mean get a grip, gay marriage doesn't affect anyone adversely, save those who have narrow enough minds to feel affronted by it.

I don't think it affects even them adversely. I think they quite enjoy the affrontery and the feeling of self righteous indignation.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: March 25, 2022, 07:38:01 PM »
My word. JK Rowling is fearless:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60878133
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

ad_orientem

Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #229 on: March 26, 2022, 12:52:03 PM »
To lose one general might be regarded as misfortune. To lose seven looks like carelessness.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60807538

Also, a colonel got run over by one of his own tanks because his troops weren't happy. I think this is what Ad O's link alludes to, but it just goes to the Guardian icon.

In fact, this is it: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/25/russian-troops-mutiny-commander-ukraine-report-western-officials
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

ad_orientem

« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2022, 02:41:58 PM »
To lose one general might be regarded as misfortune. To lose seven looks like carelessness.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60807538

Also, a colonel got run over by one of his own tanks because his troops weren't happy. I think this is what Ad O's link alludes to, but it just goes to the Guardian icon.

In fact, this is it: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/25/russian-troops-mutiny-commander-ukraine-report-western-officials

That's it. Apparently the commanders have had to lead from the front, added to that decent Ukranian intelligence, Russian commanders have been easy targets.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: March 27, 2022, 12:32:46 AM »
That's it. Apparently the commanders have had to lead from the front, added to that decent Ukranian intelligence, Russian commanders have been easy targets.
As Gilbert and Sullivan might have had it

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1507365192405073920.html

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #232 on: March 27, 2022, 12:54:17 PM »

Spud

« Reply #233 on: March 31, 2022, 09:28:33 AM »
As the figures in the survey I posted made clear, there is not much difference between the two countries when it comes to the treatment of gay people. So if you think it is an insight you are mistaken. It might be being posited as a reason, but it is no more a reason than the claim that Ukraine is being rescued from Nazism.

That will come as a surprise to many children who find themselves in the middle of some divorcing parents. Also, I'd rather have children brought up by people who truly want to be parents, rather than some numpties who forgot the condoms whilst on a night out on the piss.

I thought the meaning was perfectly clear. If family values are threatened by gay marriage, then gay marriage must be an awesomely attractive alternative, wouldn't you say?

"Rescued from Nazism" = "protected from Western liberalisation". It's not just same sex marriage but Gender switching as well.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: March 31, 2022, 09:37:11 AM »
"Rescued from Nazism" = "protected from Western liberalisation". It's not just same sex marriage but Gender switching as well.

Fuck off.

Homophobic bigot.

Apologist for Putin.

Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Spud

« Reply #235 on: March 31, 2022, 04:53:48 PM »
Fuck off.

Homophobic bigot.

Apologist for Putin.
Homophobic, yes (in the sense of arachnophobia etc), but bigot, no, I'm just saying what is partly motivating Putin to get control over Ukraine. He has mentioned it in his speeches. I'm not agreeing with his policy.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #236 on: March 31, 2022, 05:47:32 PM »
What?

You were the one that equated Western Liberalisation with Nazism and specifically mentioned same-sex marriage and gender-switching as examples of said liberalisation.

As for Putin mentioning this in his speeches - you believe him do you?

Because your track record isn't great on this man because you believed him when he said he wouldn't invade Ukraine didn't you?

So you'll excuse me while I get the Saxa salt out. There may be enough pinches with which to take all your crap statements.

And you are scared of homosexuals in the way some people are scared of spiders?

Do you really expect people to believe that?

Do you have to hide behind the sofa when Stephen Fry appears? Do you have a fit of the vapours when Sandi Toskvig hosts QI?

Not buying it. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

Bigot.

Apologist for Putin.

Spud

« Reply #237 on: March 31, 2022, 06:38:22 PM »
Trent,
I linked to an article about the Russian orthodox church which makes a connection between same sex marriage and some unnamed policies and laws of the Nazis, because those laws were immoral.

As you know I turn over if I see homoaexual behaviour on TV. That's the sense I meant.

Yes I was absolutely wrong about Putin. This is about the Russian church backing him, though.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #238 on: March 31, 2022, 07:28:32 PM »
Trent,
I linked to an article about the Russian orthodox church which makes a connection between same sex marriage and some unnamed policies and laws of the Nazis, because those laws were immoral.

As you know I turn over if I see homoaexual behaviour on TV. That's the sense I meant.

Yes I was absolutely wrong about Putin. This is about the Russian church backing him, though.

So you are a bigot.

Thanks for confirming the fact.

ad_orientem

« Reply #239 on: April 06, 2022, 02:31:11 PM »
So we've now seen the war crimes Russia has been committing in Ukraine, which we all know comes as no surprise, we need to do much more to make sure Ukraine wins. Send planes if we have to. The aim should be to make sure every last Russian soldier is driven from Ukrainian land or dead.

There's been much debate here in Finland about joining NATO. I've always been against membership but now I'm of the opinion that we should just do it. If nothing else then just to show Russia that we will not be intimidated by threats and that we will make up our own minds. It seems highly likely that we will apply in the coming months.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #240 on: April 06, 2022, 02:45:07 PM »
What?

You were the one that equated Western Liberalisation with Nazism and specifically mentioned same-sex marriage and gender-switching as examples of said liberalisation.

As for Putin mentioning this in his speeches - you believe him do you?

Because your track record isn't great on this man because you believed him when he said he wouldn't invade Ukraine didn't you?

So you'll excuse me while I get the Saxa salt out. There may be enough pinches with which to take all your crap statements.

And you are scared of homosexuals in the way some people are scared of spiders?

Do you really expect people to believe that?

Do you have to hide behind the sofa when Stephen Fry appears? Do you have a fit of the vapours when Sandi Toskvig hosts QI?

Not buying it. The simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

Bigot.

Apologist for Putin.
Sandy Toskvig? She's got some neck.

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #241 on: April 13, 2022, 05:29:59 PM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60506682

Russia is building up troops and military equipment along Ukraine's eastern border ahead of an expected offensive in the Donbas region.

Here are the latest developments:

Satellite images show new Russian troop build-up on border
Russia planning renewed push in eastern Donbas region
Ukraine is also bolstering its forces in Donetsk and Luhansk
Russian forces close to capturing southern city of Mariupol

And all we get from Biden are incoherent mumbling about war- crimes and  genocide. If he wants Putin to halt the blood bath - he needs to lay down clear lines that the Russians must not cross. And ... the actions that America/NATO will take to stop the invading Russian troops if they do cross them.
Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #242 on: April 14, 2022, 11:01:30 AM »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60506682

And all we get from Biden are incoherent mumbling about war- crimes and  genocide. If he wants Putin to halt the blood bath - he needs to lay down clear lines that the Russians must not cross. And ... the actions that America/NATO will take to stop the invading Russian troops if they do cross them.

He's now supplying armoured vehicles and helicopters to Ukraine. Actions speak louder than words whether mumbled or not.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #243 on: April 14, 2022, 11:06:10 AM »
You've sunk my battleship!

Well my cruiser https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61103927

ad_orientem

« Reply #244 on: April 14, 2022, 12:44:55 PM »
He's now supplying armoured vehicles and helicopters to Ukraine. Actions speak louder than words whether mumbled or not.

Indeed. I also like the way he's not backed down on recent comments, despite officials in the background trying to play them down.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #245 on: April 15, 2022, 09:05:21 AM »
I like this blog, from a group dedicated to keeping the name of Bonhoeffer alive. https://www.projectbonhoeffer.org.uk/project-bonhoeffer-says-its-time-to-listen-to-bonhoeffers-prophetic-message/
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

ad_orientem

« Reply #246 on: April 15, 2022, 10:52:47 AM »
I like this blog, from a group dedicated to keeping the name of Bonhoeffer alive. https://www.projectbonhoeffer.org.uk/project-bonhoeffer-says-its-time-to-listen-to-bonhoeffers-prophetic-message/

Good stuff! Kirill is a tool. It's important that all Christians speak out against this war and especially Orthodox. Religion is a part of the justification for this war, that Ukraine belongs to Russia because of Kieven Rus and its conversion. Methodius and Cyril and all that. It almost has a kind of mythical status amongst Russians. In the past I have tried to see things from Russia's point of view. No more! In the past I have tried to justify Kirill. As an Orthodox Christian, no more!

ad_orientem

« Reply #247 on: April 28, 2022, 01:31:33 PM »

ad_orientem

« Reply #248 on: April 28, 2022, 07:19:32 PM »
As I've said earlier, this whole thing has made me rethink international cooperation. I've been so wrong in the past about many things.

Spud

« Reply #249 on: May 12, 2022, 09:51:48 AM »
So how might Russia retaliate if Sweden and Finland join NATO?