Author Topic: Arming the Ukrainians  (Read 110349 times)

ekim

Re: Arming the Ukrainians
« Reply #625 on: October 13, 2022, 04:10:26 PM »
An interesting article on religion in Russia ..... https://tinyurl.com/4z56bnuy

Spud

« Reply #626 on: October 13, 2022, 05:32:44 PM »
An interesting article on religion in Russia ..... https://tinyurl.com/4z56bnuy
Quote: Kirill blamed the invasion on 'Gay parades'.
God will judge any nation which allows this, Leviticus 18:27 For the men who were in the land before you committed all these abominations, and the land has become defiled. 28So if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it spewed out the nations before you. 
Putin seems to know this - in his address he expressed his aversion to the West's perversion of gender. It's good evidence for the truth of the Bible; NATO countries, which allow same sex marriage, are being weakened by their attempt to defeat Russia. 

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #627 on: October 13, 2022, 05:39:11 PM »
God will judge any nation which allows this, Leviticus 18:27 For the men who were in the land before you committed all these abominations, and the land has become defiled. 28So if you defile the land, it will vomit you out as it spewed out the nations before you. 
Putin seems to know this - in his address he expressed his aversion to the West's perversion of gender. It's good evidence for the truth of the Bible; NATO countries, which allow same sex marriage, are being weakened by their attempt to defeat Russia.
At the risk of annoying Steve, drivel!

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #628 on: October 13, 2022, 06:08:26 PM »

No - it is 'good evidence' only for your utterly distorted thinking, Spud.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #629 on: October 13, 2022, 06:48:12 PM »

Really? Again? Gay people are to blame for Putin being a fucking asshole?

Way to go you bigoted fool.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #630 on: October 13, 2022, 07:35:46 PM »
Well, you've certainly reached a new low, Spud.
No doubt the totally irreligious Putin will use anything that's grist to his murderous mill, including some of the most primitive and inhumane passages of the Bible. And no doubt some of the worst throwbacks in the priesthood of the Russian Orthodox Church will applaud him for doing so.
He seems to have achieved the extraordinary feat of convincing the Church that he's a believer, which doesn't speak highly for the priesthood's perspicacity
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

Enki

« Reply #631 on: October 13, 2022, 08:26:28 PM »

What an ignorant and unpleasant post, Spud. It seems you are no more than one of Putin's lackeys easily taken in by the nastiness he seeks to convey. You purvey distortion and prejudice in large quantities, and attempt to justify it by selective verses from your particular 'holy' book. Shame on you!

https://www.bostonreview.net/articles/putins-anti-gay-war-on-ukraine/
Sometimes I wish my first word was 'quote,' so that on my death bed, my last words could be 'end quote.'
Steven Wright

Outrider

« Reply #632 on: October 14, 2022, 09:21:50 AM »

You're aware, right, that it's Russian people who've been 'vomitted out' into Ukraine, not the other way around?

Putin seems to know this - in his address he expressed his aversion to the West's perversion of gender.

What does a more nuanced view of gender have to do with sexuality?

It's good evidence for the truth of the Bible; NATO countries, which allow same sex marriage, are being weakened by their attempt to defeat Russia.

But not as much as Russia is being weakened by trying to invade Ukraine. It's no more good evidence for the Bible than the fall of the Twin Towers is good evidence for the Q'uran. It's good evidence that some religious people are cretinous fuckwits who'll glom onto any event of significance, regardless of the depths of its depravity, if they think it'll lend them the fiction of support for their nonsense.

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #633 on: October 14, 2022, 12:23:04 PM »

I don't think this flies well at all as a theory.

The Nazi's killed gay people in WWII. That didn't work out so well for them in the end did it? Surely the God you claim to speak for would have recognised the great service done by the Nazi's and rewarded Hitler with his longed for Tausendjähriges Reich.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Spud

« Reply #634 on: October 14, 2022, 12:46:53 PM »
Putin's comments on transgenderism and having more than two parents - I took these comments, perhaps wrongly, as inclusive of the whole LGBTQ issue. Let's assume he is including same sex marriage, my point is that God said he would judge nations that do this kind of thing, and the state of the UK at the moment, the reason for which seems to be our involvement in the war, suggests we are being judged.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2022, 12:49:42 PM by Spud »

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #635 on: October 14, 2022, 01:32:24 PM »
Putin's comments on transgenderism and having more than two parents - I took these comments, perhaps wrongly, as inclusive of the whole LGBTQ issue. Let's assume he is including same sex marriage, my point is that God said he would judge nations that do this kind of thing, and the state of the UK at the moment, the reason for which seems to be our involvement in the war, suggests we are being judged.

Don't be silly, Spud: ditch the 'God' nonsense and pay attention to people in future.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #636 on: October 14, 2022, 01:46:54 PM »

Yet Putin isn't being judged by your God for killing Ukrainians. Funny kind of fucking God.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #637 on: October 14, 2022, 03:29:06 PM »
NATO countries, which allow same sex marriage, are being weakened by their attempt to defeat Russia.

Have you noticed what is happening to Russia? How did they offend God?
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Spud

« Reply #638 on: October 14, 2022, 05:14:25 PM »
Don't be silly, Spud: ditch the 'God' nonsense and pay attention to people in future.
I'm not allowed to mention God? Is this a new rule?
Enki brought up the subject and I was giving an opinion. If I'm wrong about God judging the West, there is also the fact that I agree with Putin about transgenderism and 3-parent families.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #639 on: October 14, 2022, 05:35:13 PM »
Enki brought up the subject and I was giving an opinion. If I'm wrong about God judging the West, there is also the fact that I agree with Putin about transgenderism and 3-parent families.

Do you also agree with him breaking the sixth commandment?

Where does your warped value set come from?

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #640 on: October 14, 2022, 06:55:31 PM »

Where does your warped value set come from?
And if 'not coveting your neighbour's ox' has a general sense, then Putin has done rather  a lot of coveting  Not to mention bearing false witness, the filthy lying bastard.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #641 on: October 14, 2022, 08:22:44 PM »

Not a rule: but good advice nonetherless, since how you portray this 'God' of yours results in your looking bigotted and foolish.

Hopefully, one day, with a dash more insight and critical thinking, you'll get over agreeing with Putin.

Spud

« Reply #642 on: October 14, 2022, 08:47:33 PM »
The killing of 13 civilians in Ukrainian shelling of Donesk on 19 September shows that it's both sides breaking it.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #643 on: October 14, 2022, 10:53:09 PM »
The killing of 13 civilians in Ukrainian shelling of Donesk on 19 September shows that it's both sides breaking it.

And?

I'm not the one trying to justify Putin's murderous attack on Ukraine or trying to pretend that it is somehow the fault of the West because they treat gay people as, well, you know, people.

He's a murderer, you're completely besotted with him because he persecutes gay people. I bet you've probably got a stiffie just thinking about him.

ad_orientem

« Reply #644 on: October 14, 2022, 11:16:19 PM »

This must be those traditional Orthodox values Putin claims to be defending!

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1576961509749850112?t=ge6UKkTmVNeT4d9yi86oNw&s=19
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

Spud

« Reply #645 on: October 15, 2022, 03:05:22 AM »
And?

I'm not the one trying to justify Putin's murderous attack on Ukraine or trying to pretend that it is somehow the fault of the West because they treat gay people as, well, you know, people.

He's a murderer, you're completely besotted with him because he persecutes gay people. I bet you've probably got a stiffie just thinking about him.
They had a peace agreement, but Ukraine decided to continue attacking the Donbas. Russia's SMO was a pre-emptive response to increased Ukrainian military build-up.
Regarding your comments on the treatment of gay  people, the point I was making is that the West has believed the lie that a same sex relationship can be the same as marriage; along with making everybody call trans people by the gender they are not, I don't think I am pretending any such thing.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2022, 03:07:42 AM by Spud »

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #646 on: October 15, 2022, 08:29:59 AM »
Never argue with an idiot they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.”

Leaving that aside. I wish you'd make your mind up.

First Putin definitely wasn't going to attack.

Then it was NATO's fault for provoking Putin.

Then it's the West's treating gay people as ordinary citizens.

Then it's a pre-emptive response to Ukrainian military build-up.

And you still think it's ok to break the sixth commandment.

You aren't any type of Christian I recognise.

You are full of hatred and cowardice. A dreadful mixture.

Enki

« Reply #647 on: October 15, 2022, 09:08:44 AM »

No, Enki didn't bring up the subject. You did, Spud, in post 626, when you said,"God will judge any nation which allows this,". All I did was to comment on the way in which you sought to justify your warped prejudices by quoting from Leviticus. Now I don't know if you are deliberately lying or that you just don't have any grasp of what you actually say in your rather confused posts, but I thought I would put the record straight anyway.
Sometimes I wish my first word was 'quote,' so that on my death bed, my last words could be 'end quote.'
Steven Wright

ad_orientem

« Reply #648 on: October 15, 2022, 10:37:31 AM »
Traditional values! ::)
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #649 on: October 15, 2022, 01:05:41 PM »
They had a peace agreement, but Ukraine decided to continue attacking the Donbas.
Donbas is in Ukraine. Ukraine wasn't attacking Donbas, it was attacking the people who had invaded it.

Russia's SMO was a pre-emptive response to increased Ukrainian military build-up.
Regarding your comments on the treatment of gay  people, the point I was making is that the West has believed the lie that a same sex relationship can be the same as marriage; along with making everybody call trans people by the gender they are not, I don't think I am pretending any such thing.
But God seems to be punishing Russia more than the West. What did the Russians do wrong?
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply