Author Topic: Arming the Ukrainians  (Read 110671 times)

ad_orientem

Re: Arming the Ukrainians
« Reply #400 on: August 09, 2022, 06:46:28 PM »
Today is a good day. Have Ukraine finally received ATACMS? That remains to be seen but an air force base in Crimea has been destroyed. Russia says Ukraine has crossed a red line but denies Ukraine is responsible, saying it was an accident. Couldn't make it up. Next the bridge connecting Crimea to Russia.
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

ad_orientem

« Reply #401 on: August 09, 2022, 06:47:38 PM »
Also Steven Segal has gone to Olenivka to help the Russians cover up war crimes.

Roses

« Reply #402 on: August 11, 2022, 12:04:05 PM »
I would cheer if someone was brave enough to dispose of Putin. I would have no hesitation in doing it myself if it was possible.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

ad_orientem

« Reply #403 on: August 11, 2022, 01:24:28 PM »
I would cheer if someone was brave enough to dispose of Putin. I would have no hesitation in doing it myself if it was possible.

Yeah, but it would good if he lived long enough to see his own utter humiliation and defeat first.

Spud

« Reply #404 on: August 15, 2022, 10:50:56 AM »
Somebody who is being raped has every right to stop the rape happening by any reasonable means, as far as I'm concerned. If that means stabbing the rapist with a knife, I'd say that is acceptable and if the rapist subsequently dies, again, that is acceptable.

If I was being robbed I would only consider stabbing the robber if they were actually doing violence to me or if I was sure they will be doing violence to me.

Russia invaded Ukraine. They wanted to subjugate Ukraine and its people. Had they succeeded in the first few days as they expected, most of the incumbent government would have been murdered. They would probably have started ethnically cleansing certain territories and you can be sure there would be robbery, rape and murder going on, because that's what occupying soldiers do. Ukraine has every right to fight back.
Maybe they do have the right to fight back, but as I've said earlier, on their own they would be better off making a peace treaty with Russia.
Your basis for justifying the West arming Ukraine seems to be the assumption that Russia would attack other countries after Ukraine? I may be ignorant of reasons for that, but I don't see evidence  for it.
Google came up with this video when I typed in "who will win war in Ukraine?"
https://youtu.be/goHs6xNQx_0
It's an interview with an American colonel, who seems ten times more awake than the US president.

Roses

« Reply #405 on: August 15, 2022, 12:12:28 PM »
Putin and his followers are very dangerous people who would stop at nothing to get what they want. They need to know that they wont get away with their terrible crimes.

Udayana

• βε ηερε νοω
    • The Byrds - My Back Pages
« Reply #406 on: August 15, 2022, 12:17:24 PM »
Putin and his followers are very dangerous people who would stop at nothing to get what they want. They need to know that they wont get away with their terrible crimes.

hmm. they've "got away" with them for decades ... and there's nothing to show that they won't again.
Ah, but I was so much older then ... I'm younger than that now

Maeght

« Reply #407 on: August 15, 2022, 03:03:03 PM »
Maybe they do have the right to fight back, but as I've said earlier, on their own they would be better off making a peace treaty with Russia.
Your basis for justifying the West arming Ukraine seems to be the assumption that Russia would attack other countries after Ukraine? I may be ignorant of reasons for that, but I don't see evidence  for it.
Google came up with this video when I typed in "who will win war in Ukraine?"
https://youtu.be/goHs6xNQx_0
It's an interview with an American colonel, who seems ten times more awake than the US president.

Or he might be talking nonsense. How do you decide which it is?

ad_orientem

« Reply #408 on: August 15, 2022, 08:41:18 PM »

Definitely pronouncing nonsense! Just five seconds in he says we should all of just done what Putin said. He's got a massive Russian dick in his mouth. A useful idiot!

Spud

« Reply #409 on: August 16, 2022, 11:41:31 AM »
The full interview is the first 45 minutes of this video
Also check out the first minute of this

Maeght

« Reply #410 on: August 16, 2022, 12:05:07 PM »
The full interview is the first 45 minutes of this video
Also check out the first minute of this

That doesn't answer my question.

Spud

« Reply #411 on: August 18, 2022, 07:25:37 PM »
Definitely pronouncing nonsense! Just five seconds in he says we should all of just done what Putin said. He's got a massive Russian dick in his mouth. A useful idiot!
What he actually said was we should have listened to what Putin said in 2008 and what they would and would not tolerate. And if we'd done that, and sat down and talked with them as mature adults we could have come up with some sort of compromise. We did the opposite, we stonewalled with the goal of punishing Russia, which is nonsense, and we've ruined eastern Europe.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 07:32:29 PM by Spud »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #412 on: August 18, 2022, 07:32:03 PM »
What he actually said was we should have listened to what Putin said in 2008 and what they would and would not tolerate.
Because murdering tyrants are the people we should listen to

Spud

« Reply #413 on: August 18, 2022, 07:36:10 PM »
Because murdering tyrants are the people we should listen to
If it means they won't murder then yes.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #414 on: August 18, 2022, 07:43:09 PM »
What a pity you weren't around in 1939.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #415 on: August 18, 2022, 09:16:54 PM »
Might is right, obey or die. Putin has murdered political opponents. You are his cheerleader.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #416 on: August 18, 2022, 09:19:04 PM »
Might is right, obey or die. Putin has murdered political opponents. You are his cheerleader.
And not just Putin's cheerleader, you justify all those murderers and domestic abusers who victim blame. You cheer on violence. You piss on your religion.

ad_orientem

« Reply #417 on: August 19, 2022, 08:55:19 AM »
What he actually said was we should have listened to what Putin said in 2008 and what they would and would not tolerate. And if we'd done that, and sat down and talked with them as mature adults we could have come up with some sort of compromise. We did the opposite, we stonewalled with the goal of punishing Russia, which is nonsense, and we've ruined eastern Europe.

So, no to sovereignty; yes to spheres of influence; yes to appeasing dictators with a track record of invading their neighbours and committing war crimes. Why listen to Putin at all given that? After all, we all knew that when he first came to power (false flag apartment building explosions and the 2nd Chechen War) and which, to our shame, we ignored. Instead we should have been listening to the likes of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland. Unfortunately, western politicians were too busy westplaining them.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 09:05:44 AM by ad_orientem »

Roses

« Reply #418 on: August 19, 2022, 11:51:55 AM »

I am sure Putin would be happy to have you on his side. >:( :o

ad_orientem

« Reply #420 on: August 19, 2022, 04:44:36 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/we-were-turned-into-feral-savages-says-ex-russian-soldier-of-his-time-in-ukraine/ar-AA10OUvu?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBoPWjQ

Good article. This Twitter account gives a more detailed account of the said soldier. Worth a read.

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki?t=w-eWGov1coAW8L5PprsRPA&s=09

The same account also has many similar threads concerning the Russian army from the soldier's point of view. It really is one big comedy of errors. It's a miracle that they've managed to do anything at all, so ingrained is the culture of corruption and comical like incompetence that runs through Russia. The system there actively encourages it, for which we should be eternally grateful.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 04:46:55 PM by ad_orientem »

Spud

« Reply #421 on: August 19, 2022, 07:33:50 PM »
And not just Putin's cheerleader, you justify all those murderers and domestic abusers who victim blame. You cheer on violence. You piss on your religion.
Try reading Daniel chapter 1. Daniel and his three friends worked for the Babylonians. Was he a traitor? Jeremiah told the Jews to surrender and they locked him up. There is a time to fight and a time to submit, Ukraine has forced all its men to go on a giant suicide mission. There won't be any left.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #422 on: August 19, 2022, 08:17:11 PM »
Try reading Daniel chapter 1. Daniel and his three friends worked for the Babylonians. Was he a traitor? Jeremiah told the Jews to surrender and they locked him up. There is a time to fight and a time to submit, Ukraine has forced all its men to go on a giant suicide mission. There won't be any left.
You support the murder and rape of women. You cheerlead violence. You piss on Christ.

ad_orientem

« Reply #423 on: August 20, 2022, 06:15:26 AM »

Ha! What makes you think that except a desire to see Russia win? Russia is losing. You support the rape, torture and murder of Ukrainians. You couldn't be further from Christ.

Spud

« Reply #424 on: August 21, 2022, 02:49:18 PM »
Ha! What makes you think that except a desire to see Russia win?
Er, a desire to see people stop fighting? [Moderator: content removed].
Russia is losing.
From what I gather, they withdrew their professional army to refit and rest them in preparation for a major offensive to take the remaining coastal land in the south.
You support the rape, torture and murder of Ukrainians.
No I don't. Russian soldiers helped Ukrainian civilians causght in the shelling to escape to Belarus, according to one source. Ukrainians murder their own citizens if they don't fight for them, according to two other sources, one of which was backed up by a photo of a sign threatening to hang, explode or knife to death anyone caught collaborating (or could we say cooperating?). They lie about their successes to get more money from the West. and threaten to shoot American, British and Canadian soldiers in the back if they try to leave.
You couldn't be further from Christ.
Maybe, maybe not. I don't think much of the stuff that's coming out of your head.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 04:58:12 PM by Gordon »