Author Topic: Arming the Ukrainians  (Read 109719 times)

Dicky Underpants

Re: Arming the Ukrainians
« Reply #1175 on: August 20, 2023, 04:44:06 PM »
I'll leave you and ad O to it, then, learn the hard way.
If you are capable of learning (which I'm beginning to doubt)then it is you who will have to learn the hard way. Your view of life reminds me of Lewis Carroll's verses on old Father William, who incessantly stood on his head. Except in your case, you walk around on it, so that everything you perceive is arse about face.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

ad_orientem

« Reply #1176 on: August 23, 2023, 06:33:14 PM »
Prigozhin dead. LOL!
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1177 on: August 23, 2023, 07:01:51 PM »
In a plane crash! How convenient!

splashscuba

• might be an atheist, I just don't believe in gods
« Reply #1178 on: August 23, 2023, 09:13:24 PM »
Well that's different. Not off the top off a building.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 09:42:32 PM by splashscuba »
I have an infinite number of belief systems cos there are an infinite number of things I don't believe in.

I respect your right to believe whatever you want. I don't have to respect your beliefs.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1179 on: August 24, 2023, 01:34:35 PM »

ad_orientem

« Reply #1180 on: August 24, 2023, 02:16:12 PM »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #1181 on: August 27, 2023, 01:13:59 PM »

The Ukrainian Maverick is dead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66631182

Spud

« Reply #1182 on: August 27, 2023, 05:47:37 PM »
No there aren't. That would be a quarter of the population.
The figures I quoted were from 1992. In 2001 a census counted 8.3 million.

Spud

« Reply #1183 on: August 27, 2023, 06:24:26 PM »
An internal issue that doesn't warrant a foreign nation invading.
At that point in Donbas Russia didn't invade. They did what the west is doing now for ukraine: providing arms to the separatists and possibly mercenary fighters, after the Ukrainian government sent the army to fight them.

Spud

« Reply #1184 on: August 27, 2023, 06:31:39 PM »
If you are capable of learning (which I'm beginning to doubt)then it is you who will have to learn the hard way. Your view of life reminds me of Lewis Carroll's verses on old Father William, who incessantly stood on his head. Except in your case, you walk around on it, so that everything you perceive is arse about face.
My point is that Ukraine will have to fight to the last man if you continue to give them weapons, because, it seems, Russia is not going to withdraw. This looks like assisted suicide. Is that what you want?

ad_orientem

« Reply #1185 on: August 27, 2023, 10:57:26 PM »
My point is that Ukraine will have to fight to the last man if you continue to give them weapons, because, it seems, Russia is not going to withdraw. This looks like assisted suicide. Is that what you want?

That's what the Moskal barbarians want you to think.

ad_orientem

« Reply #1186 on: August 27, 2023, 11:03:47 PM »
At that point in Donbas Russia didn't invade. They did what the west is doing now for ukraine: providing arms to the separatists and possibly mercenary fighters, after the Ukrainian government sent the army to fight them.

Yes, it did invade.

"Alexander Borodai, Prime Minister of the self-declared Donetsk People's Republic, stated that 50,000 Russian citizens fought in the Donbas up to August 2015". Alexander Borodai is now a member of the ruSSian state duma.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_green_men_(Russo-Ukrainian_War)

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #1187 on: August 29, 2023, 10:41:39 AM »
The figures I quoted were from 1992. In 2001 a census counted 8.3 million.

You miss the point. They are not Russians. The language you speak does not define your nationality.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #1188 on: August 29, 2023, 10:42:33 AM »

The West is not providing arms to terrorists, it is providing arms to the legitimate government of Ukraine.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

ad_orientem

« Reply #1189 on: August 29, 2023, 11:03:31 AM »
Jan Petrovsky, a commander of Rusich, a neo-nazi regiment associated with Wagner, was detained in Finland about a month ago. News of this only came to us last week. He is accused of war crimes in Donbas in 2014-2015. Ukraine has asked for him to be extradited. The world's eyes are on us now. Let's hope we do the right thing and send him to Ukraine to face justice.

There are question marks over how he was able to enter Finland, being on sanctions lists. I seems he legally changed his name to Voislav Torden whilst residing in Norway. His wife (having been granted permission to study in Finland) and children obtained visas to stay in Finland and then Jan Petrovsky followed later. He was eventually detained last month at the Finnish border using facial recognition whilst trying to leave the country. Lots of questions to be asked. Why are we letting in ruSSians at all? Why does Norway seem to be so free with its visas etc? Nevetheless we got the bastard!

Rusich might not be familiar to everyone here. It is an outright neo-nazi regiment responsible for some of the worst attrocities in Donbas in 2014-2015. They're still around but have taken a more backseat role.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/wagner-channels-say-russian-citizen-arrested-finland-is-top-fighter-2023-08-25/
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 11:05:33 AM by ad_orientem »

Outrider

« Reply #1190 on: August 29, 2023, 11:46:02 AM »

Russia was, by its own admission, either arming Russian citizens in a foreign country to conduct military operations, or it was providing arms to an insurgent group in a foreign country. That's what it admits. The widely understood reality is that it was also sending in troops to those area in addition to the people already in-country.

By contrast, the West is supplying materials to the duly elected government of a country being invaded by its neighbour.

These are not the same things, not even close.

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

ad_orientem

« Reply #1191 on: August 29, 2023, 11:49:46 AM »
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rusich_Group

Jan Petrovsky, a commander of Rusich, a neo-nazi regiment associated with Wagner, was detained in Finland about a month ago. News of this only came to us last week. He is accused of war crimes in Donbas in 2014-2015. Ukraine has asked for him to be extradited. The world's eyes are on us now. Let's hope we do the right thing and send him to Ukraine to face justice.

There are question marks over how he was able to enter Finland, being on sanctions lists. I seems he legally changed his name to Voislav Torden whilst residing in Norway. His wife (having been granted permission to study in Finland) and children obtained visas to stay in Finland and then Jan Petrovsky followed later. He was eventually detained last month at the Finnish border using facial recognition whilst trying to leave the country. Lots of questions to be asked. Why are we letting in ruSSians at all? Why does Norway seem to be so free with its visas etc? Nevetheless we got the bastard!

Rusich might not be familiar to everyone here. It is an outright neo-nazi regiment responsible for some of the worst attrocities in Donbas in 2014-2015. They're still around but have taken a more backseat role.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/wagner-channels-say-russian-citizen-arrested-finland-is-top-fighter-2023-08-25/

ad_orientem

« Reply #1192 on: August 29, 2023, 11:53:13 AM »

Spud

« Reply #1193 on: August 29, 2023, 06:34:40 PM »
The West is not providing arms to terrorists, it is providing arms to the legitimate government of Ukraine.
I'm fairly convinced by the Tass reports of daily shelling of non-military targets by Ukraine. That makes them terrorists.

ad_orientem

« Reply #1194 on: August 29, 2023, 06:37:12 PM »
I'm fairly convinced by the Tass reports of daily shelling of non-military targets by Ukraine. That makes them terrorists.

Then you've just confirmed yourself as the gullible idiot we've come to realise you are.

Spud

« Reply #1195 on: August 29, 2023, 06:39:00 PM »
That's what the Moskal barbarians want you to think.
It's also slavery - Mitt Romney let the cat out of the bag 2 days ago
https://www.bignewsnetwork.com/news/273945687/us-senator-cheers-hurting-russia-at-cost-of-only-ukrainian-lives

Spud

« Reply #1196 on: August 29, 2023, 06:40:58 PM »
Then you've just confirmed yourself as the gullible idiot we've come to realise you are.
Happy to be proved wrong

Spud

« Reply #1197 on: August 29, 2023, 06:41:53 PM »
You miss the point. They are not Russians. The language you speak does not define your nationality.
The data I saw said they were Ethnic Russians

ad_orientem

« Reply #1198 on: August 29, 2023, 07:10:08 PM »
Happy to be proved wrong

I've already provided evidence that ruSSia invaded. Ukraine merely defended itself. And as for the whole "genocide in donbas" thing, it's bullshit. Debunked many times.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g-YKRc_b7CE

https://twitter.com/YLEKuronen/status/1680816117801951234?s=19

ad_orientem

« Reply #1199 on: August 29, 2023, 11:27:10 PM »
RuSSia is on fire tonight. Big explosions in Pskov, explosions in Bryansk, explosions in Tula and Moscow airports closed. Burn ruSSia burn!