Author Topic: Racism, being a Tory, and Mo Farah  (Read 910 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
Racism, being a Tory, and Mo Farah
« on: July 12, 2022, 12:20:28 PM »
Almost shocking

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
Re: Racism, being a Tory, and Mo Farah
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 12:28:43 PM »
I thought they gave him the knighthood for services to athletics. How does the means by which he entered the UK affect that?
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 12:30:35 PM »
I thought they gave him the knighthood for services to athletics. How does the means by which he entered the UK affect that?
Fucked if I know

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 12:43:17 PM »
I guess if someone is found to have acted in a clearly criminal manner which wasn't clear at the time when the honour was bestowed then there is a case for reassessment of honours - this has happened for some others (e.g. Anthony Blunt, Lester Piggott, Harvey Weinstein). But this isn't the case here - Farah, as far as I can see, was the victim of criminal activity not the perpetrator.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 01:49:46 PM »
What criminal activity? As far as I can see, the whole thing is a joke about his name.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 02:31:22 PM »
What criminal activity? As far as I can see, the whole thing is a joke about his name.
Not sure it is a joke. Clearly this person somehow thinks that Farah had no legal right to be in the UK - that may indeed be true, but that wouldn't be his fault as the victim of people traffickers, but due to the traffickers themselves.

Maeght

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 04:15:18 PM »

Where's the joke?

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 04:52:27 PM »
Where's the joke?

There isn't one. The woman in question is involved or responsible for this:

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/

Read the website if you must, but be prepared to have some mental hand sanitiser ready to use.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 05:06:51 PM by Trentvoyager »
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Maeght

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2022, 07:24:45 PM »
There isn't one. The woman in question is involved or responsible for this:

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/

Read the website if you must, but be prepared to have some mental hand sanitiser ready to use.

I didn't think there was one, hence my question. Don't intend reading the website.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2022, 07:31:14 PM »
Don't intend reading the website.

A wise decision, I feel.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2022, 08:40:21 AM »
Why are we concerned about what some small-brained half wit has written on Twitter?

Mo Farah has overcome terrible experiences as a child and has brought honour to the country which he now considers to be his home.
His present identity was given to him by his trafficker but his ability was recognised by a teacher who gave him the encouragement needed to achieve success.

Mo Farah is a living testament to some of the best aspects of British tolerance and acceptance.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2022, 08:59:54 AM »
Why are we concerned about what some small-brained half wit has written on Twitter?

Mo Farah has overcome terrible experiences as a child and has brought honour to the country which he now considers to be his home.
His present identity was given to him by his trafficker but his ability was recognised by a teacher who gave him the encouragement needed to achieve success.

Mo Farah is a living testament to some of the best aspects of British tolerance and acceptance.
Why are we concerned - well because this woman won't be the only person coming out with similar 'are you thinking what I'm thinking' dog-whistle' comments.

And on the news just now it is being reported that 'the Home Office will not take action against him after he revealed he was trafficked into the UK' - well obviously that's good news, but in what f***ed up world are we living in when there has to be confirmation from the Home Office that they won't take action against the victim of a crime and not just a victim, but a child victim.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2022, 09:28:38 AM »

but in what f***ed up world are we living in when there has to be confirmation from the Home Office that they won't take action against the victim of a crime and not just a victim, but a child victim.

In the same fucked up world where, due to police and social services incompetence, girls living in Telford who were subject to repeated sexual assault and abuse acquired criminal records as "child prostitutes".
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

ProfessorDavey

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2022, 09:29:53 AM »
In the same fucked up world where, due to police and social services incompetence, girls living in Telford who were subject to repeated sexual assault and abuse acquired criminal records as "child prostitutes".
True.