Author Topic: Eureka  (Read 9092 times)

NicholasMarks

Re: Eureka
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2022, 05:48:10 PM »
Well now, Nick: my oncology Prof told me that my prostate cancer had spread to my lymph nodes, which was confrmed by scans. So should I stick with what he has prescribed, which seems to be working over these last 2 years or so, or should I switch to this "pure acqueous fluid"?

What would you advise?

My advice would be to follow your own medical advice but also try to grow back to the advice given by Jesus Christ.We are a long way from having confidence in the Biblical teaching that nervously starved body cells can go hysterical in their replicating behaviour...but the two concepts can work hand in hand with each other until the science is proven. But, even you should be able to realise that morale, good order, and a wonderful motivation is wrapped up in righteous prayer, spiritual welfare...and a higher authority who has promised to help the repentant.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2022, 05:57:21 PM »

Don't you mean 'Noel', NM? You know, the feast marking Christ, God Incarnate?

Just in case you missed the pun...I was making the point that dynamite, Nobel, and the cure of lymph failure has a combined explosive behaviour  that unifies them all.

Anything built around nervous waste is, in mine, and Jesus Christ's opinion...abhorant.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2022, 06:07:17 PM »
Sparky,

PS Re: "I have said nothing that isn't already in the Holy Bible", would you like to tell us then where exactly the Bible refers to "lymph" please?

The part in the Holy Bible that says...The wages of sin is death. Scientific enquiry says that sin has a knock-on effect that injures the healthy functions of the human body. Children don't automatically suffer from it so our genetics are being helped by something we are doing to them. Modern science tells me that we are all shuffling into ill-health by way of stale lymph that is building up on us...and Jesus Christ died to show us resurrection, and the wages of righteousness.

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2022, 06:13:02 PM »
The part in the Holy Bible that says...The wages of sin is death. Scientific enquiry says that sin has a knock-on effect that injures the healthy functions of the human body. Children don't automatically suffer from it so our genetics are being helped by something we are doing to them. Modern science tells me that we are all shuffling into ill-health by way of stale lymph that is building up on us...
You do know that lymphoma is the third most common cancer in children, don't you?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

NicholasMarks

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2022, 06:22:30 PM »
You do know that lymphoma is the third most common cancer in children, don't you?

Ever likely seeing that they now spend most of their time obsessed with nervous waste playing computer games...but the majority have a lot of energy to waste. Even so...responsible people know that a global change in emotional and nervous behaviour is required to get us all back on track...Prayer, Jesus Christ, and refreshing stale lymph with a pure aqueous fluid is a continuation of the mechanics of baptism but from the inside, out.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2022, 06:30:05 PM »
Sparky,

The part in the Holy Bible that says...The wages of sin is death.

So the Bible doesn’t mention ”lymph” at all then. Were you lying or just mistaken about that?

Scientific enquiry says that sin has a knock-on effect that injures the healthy functions of the human body.

“Scientific enquiry” says no such thing – “sin” is a religious idea, not a phenomenon amenable to scientific enquiry.

Were you lying or just mistaken about that?

Children don't automatically suffer from it…

Yes children do. So do babies. See here:

https://lymphoma-action.org.uk/types-lymphoma-lymphoma-children-and-young-people/lymphoma-children

…so our genetics are being helped by something we are doing to them.

Wrong again (see above).

Modern science tells me that we are all shuffling into ill-health by way of stale lymph that is building up on us...

"Modern science" tells us no such thing. Lymphoma is one type of disease (actually a group of diseases) but there are many others, and some of us will be lucky not to suffer ill health at all.

…and Jesus Christ died to show us resurrection, and the wages of righteousness.

That is the faith claim as I understand it, yes. Do you have any verifiable reason to suggest that it's true?
"Don't make me come down there."

God

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2022, 06:31:41 PM »
Ever likely seeing that they now spend most of their time obsessed with nervous waste playing computer games..
......children under 5 and babies?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2022, 06:32:55 PM »
Sparky,

Ever likely seeing that they now spend most of their time obsessed with nervous waste playing computer games...but the majority have a lot of energy to waste. Even so...responsible people know that a global change in emotional and nervous behaviour is required to get us all back on track...Prayer, Jesus Christ, and refreshing stale lymph with a pure aqueous fluid is a continuation of the mechanics of baptism but from the inside, out.

“A messiah complex (Christ complex or savior complex) is a state of mind in which an individual holds a belief that they are destined to become a savior today or in the near future.[2][3] The term can also refer to a state of mind in which an individual believes that they are responsible for saving or assisting others.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah_complex#:~:text=A%20messiah%20complex%20(Christ%20complex,for%20saving%20or%20assisting%20others.

Does this ring any bells for you?

If you want to demonstrate rather than just assert that your faith claims have medically beneficial effects then you must do that using a properly designed randomised clinical trial.

A properly designed randomised clinical trial is founded on key principles and on a rigorous methodology involving scientific, statistical, ethical and legal considerations.

You on the other hand offer only: “Let's just say, I've put it to the test.”

In science there’s an expression: “Not even wrong”. It’s used when a claim is so hopelessly incoherent or inadequate that there’s nothing to examine; it’s just white noise. “Let's just say, I've put it to the test” is not even wrong. 

Try again.

God

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2022, 06:54:01 PM »

My advice would be to follow your own medical advice but also try to grow back to the advice given by Jesus Christ.We are a long way from having confidence in the Biblical teaching that nervously starved body cells can go hysterical in their replicating behaviour...but the two concepts can work hand in hand with each other until the science is proven. But, even you should be able to realise that morale, good order, and a wonderful motivation is wrapped up in righteous prayer, spiritual welfare...and a higher authority who has promised to help the repentant.

Fortunately I'm not bothered when people like you spout idiocy about serious conditions such as cancer: my continued survival depends on the scientific expertise, and kindness, of the wonderful people at the Beatson West of Scotland Cancer Centre - no prayers have been prescribed!

As usual your bizarre ideas don't survive an encounter with the reality that people with cancer, like me, have to deal with.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2022, 06:57:17 PM »
Fuck off

NicholasMarks

« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2022, 09:06:40 PM »
Fuck off

As I've already said...there is a wonderful science, extracted from the Holy Bible which unifies everything I say to God's  righteous teaching...as lived and presented to us by Jesus Christ. It's a wonderful science which states that all our behaviour is the product of our spiritual health...governed by laws which are very complicated without Biblical insight. It covers our genetic short falls inflicted by the sins of our parents and the unrighteous behaviour of ourselves, plus the manipulation and mismanagement of our health by others. Ignore it and ridicule it if you must, but our own stale lymph which can block many vital health routes won't thank you for it.

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2022, 09:24:30 PM »
Just in case you missed the pun...I was making the point that dynamite, Nobel, and the cure of lymph failure has a combined explosive behaviour  that unifies them all.

Anything built around nervous waste is, in mine, and Jesus Christ's opinion...abhorant.

I can't see anything about the Lord Jesus expressing any opinion on 'nervous waste'. ACCURATE translation, please.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2022, 09:26:29 PM »
Sparky,

As I've already said...there is a wonderful science, extracted from the Holy Bible which unifies everything I say to God's  righteous teaching...as lived and presented to us by Jesus Christ. It's a wonderful science which states that all our behaviour is the product of our spiritual health...governed by laws which are very complicated without Biblical insight. It covers our genetic short falls inflicted by the sins of our parents and the unrighteous behaviour of ourselves, plus the manipulation and mismanagement of our health by others. Ignore it and ridicule it if you must, but our own stale lymph which can block many vital health routes won't thank you for it.

Yes, we know you’ve already said it – and we know too that it’s all utter bollocks, and quite nasty utter bollocks at that. “Fuck off” seems an appropriate response to me therefore, but as you’re clearly entirely delusional I don’t suppose you’ll understand why.

Settle for this then: never, ever go anywhere near someone naive or gullible enough to believe you.   

« Last Edit: December 13, 2022, 09:28:45 PM by bluehillside Retd. »

God

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2022, 08:51:57 AM »
Repating your dangerous vacuous nonsense doesn't make it better.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2022, 10:26:07 AM »
Repating your dangerous vacuous nonsense doesn't make it better.

blue hillside Retd/Nearly Sane

So...you are all in favour of my next move, then. It involves prayer, and a hostile group of involuntary volunteers is ideal for the trial. You see...our hands are vitally important to our health. You must have seen old people with twisted and buckled fingers. The knuckles, the phalanges, and the finger tips are vital to our health...so you see where prayer comes into the equation. It seems that this is an important pathway for our, pure, aqueous fluid to pass through our hands to our nail plates...absorb 'keratin,' then return to our ulna (funny bone) which acts as a wifi hub. It tells its network of needy body parts that it has excess keratin and pure aqueous fluid for distribution and they all shout back saying they need it...but, it seems, the hips shout loudest and get the lions share...and we are following a new science worthy of the name of its owner and sharer...Jesus Christ.

Let me know how you get on.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 10:40:47 AM by NicholasMarks »

NicholasMarks

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2022, 10:34:31 AM »

I can't see anything about the Lord Jesus expressing any opinion on 'nervous waste'. ACCURATE translation, please.

I will explain it for you. In this modern age it is vital to realise that electromagnetic laws are involved in every science...including our replicating living cells. Clearly we need the best advice to control them because genetically they can go hay wire. Jesus Christ tells that upbuilding our nervous nature in a refined, spiritual way is hugely beneficial and waste is unwise. Remember...our flesh is the temple of our spirit.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2022, 10:42:07 AM »
Sparky,

blue hillside Retd/Nearly Sane

So...you are all in favour of my next move, then.

Only if your “next move” is to stop eructating palpable and potentially harmful bullshit.

It involves prayer, and a hostile group of involuntary volunteers is ideal for the trial. You see...our hands are vitally important to our health. You must have seen old people with twisted and buckled fingers. The knuckles, the phalanges, and the finger tips are vital to our health...so you see where prayer comes into the equation. It seems that this is an important pathway for our, pure, aqueous fluid to pass through our hands to our nail plates...absorb 'keratin,' then return to our ulna (funny bone) which acts as a wifi hub. It tells its network of needy body parts that it has excess keratin and pure aqueous fluid for distribution and the they all shout back saying they need it...but, it seems, the hips shout loudest and get the lions share...and we are following a new science worthy of the name of its owner and sharer...Jesus Christ.

Delusional gibberish. I suggest you stop spouting it and try at least to re-engage with reality.

God

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2022, 10:59:19 AM »
Sparky,

PS Lest we forget, re your disgraceful lie “Children don't automatically suffer from it…” (“it” being lymphoma) and the evidence that shows it to be a lie here:

https://lymphoma-action.org.uk/types-lymphoma-lymphoma-children-and-young-people/lymphoma-children

Do you propose to withdraw the lie (and ideally to apologise for it) or will you just walk away as you’ve done in the past with different lies?

Didn’t Jesus have something to say about bearing false witness?     
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 11:14:50 AM by bluehillside Retd. »

God

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2022, 11:10:11 AM »
I will explain it for you. In this modern age it is vital to realise that electromagnetic laws are involved in every science...including our replicating living cells. Clearly we need the best advice to control them because genetically they can go hay wire. Jesus Christ tells that upbuilding our nervous nature in a refined, spiritual way is hugely beneficial and waste is unwise. Remember...our flesh is the temple of our spirit.

So: nothing in any translation - or mistranslation - about 'nervous energy', then; simply the skewed wanderings of your imagination as usual, NM.
You cannot claim to base anything on tghe Bible when the
Bible says nothing regarding your idea.
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Outrider

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2022, 11:47:45 AM »
Scientific enquiry says that sin has a knock-on effect that injures the healthy functions of the human body.

Can you cite me a paper on that 'scientific enquiry' into sin, because I'd really be interested in checking their definitions.

Children don't automatically suffer from it so our genetics are being helped by something we are doing to them.

Infant mortality in areas without modern medical care would seem to suggest otherwise.

Modern science tells me that we are all shuffling into ill-health by way of stale lymph that is building up on us...

If anyone does have 'stale lymph' they are going to suffer from ill-health - lymph is a fluid that needs to flow to maintain immune function and protein distribution about the body. Given that the lymphatic system was first postulated in the 17th Century by two independent researchers, the idea that there are detailed Bibical references to it is... questionable.

and Jesus Christ died to show us resurrection, and the wages of righteousness.

Where does that fit in the timeframe, exactly? Is that before or after Vishnu manifested as a tortoise? Definitely before Mohammed's flying horse-ride and Thor's visit to the Guardians of the Galaxy though, right?

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

NicholasMarks

« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2022, 02:04:52 PM »
Can you cite me a paper on that 'scientific enquiry' into sin, because I'd really be interested in checking their definitions.

Infant mortality in areas without modern medical care would seem to suggest otherwise.

If anyone does have 'stale lymph' they are going to suffer from ill-health - lymph is a fluid that needs to flow to maintain immune function and protein distribution about the body. Given that the lymphatic system was first postulated in the 17th Century by two independent researchers, the idea that there are detailed Bibical references to it is... questionable.

Where does that fit in the timeframe, exactly? Is that before or after Vishnu manifested as a tortoise? Definitely before Mohammed's flying horse-ride and Thor's visit to the Guardians of the Galaxy though, right?

O.

My love of dealing with atheists is because they are so totally wrong...but I can help them. I don't want to go too deep into the science because past experience tells me that it is too complicated for those who offer no protection against 'stale lymph'. It builds up within us in many different ways as clearly shown by old hands deprived of keratin...and as you say, causes mayhem with our immune defenses. Introducing a science that goes someway towards explaining it isn't a crime. This pure aqueous fluid is prepared in our kidneys and returned there for refreshment but like deep  Biblical translation you need to have a working knowledge and not make spurious attacks on the presenter.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2022, 02:16:44 PM »
My love of dealing with atheists is because they are so totally wrong...but I can help them. I don't want to go too deep into the science because past experience tells me that it is too complicated for those who offer no protection against 'stale lymph'. It builds up within us in many different ways as clearly shown by old hands deprived of keratin...and as you say, causes mayhem with our immune defenses. Introducing a science that goes someway towards explaining it isn't a crime. This pure aqueous fluid is prepared in our kidneys and returned there for refreshment but like deep  Biblical translation you need to have a working knowledge and not make spurious attacks on the presenter.
It's like being patronised by a random word generator.

Outrider

« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2022, 02:19:27 PM »
My love of dealing with atheists is because they are so totally wrong...but I can help them.

For a given definition of 'help', right? I'm so glad we're the arrogant ones...

I don't want to go too deep into the science because past experience tells me that it is too complicated for those who offer no protection against 'stale lymph'.

I shudder to think about the fortitude necessary to plumb the depths of your 'science'.

It builds up within us in many different ways as clearly shown by old hands deprived of keratin...and as you say, causes mayhem with our immune defenses.

How have you controlled for the natural variation in aging effects to determine that this gradual depletion of epidermal keratin expression is 'sin'-related? How have you quantified levels of 'sin' to determine your correlation? Where is your working?

Introducing a science that goes someway towards explaining it isn't a crime.

Given that all you've done so far is make vague promises, we'd actually have to determine if conspiracy to introduce 'science' was criminal.

This pure aqueous fluid is prepared in our kidneys and returned there for refreshment but like deep  Biblical translation you need to have a working knowledge and not make spurious attacks on the presenter.

A quick search for kidneys ('kelayot') shows that the bulk of the thirty references are to do with the ritual disemboweling of animals, and the other five are various accounts of people suffering life-threatening injuries as a result of violence. I'm not sure exactly how you'd read that to find advanced endocrinology in there, but I suspect it would be pushing symbolic into some bollocks.

O.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 03:19:27 PM by Outrider »
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2022, 03:11:04 PM »
Hi Nick.

Wormwood!
Whatever happened to that?

Six years ago .....

.......... Almighty God himself devises a cunning plan. He knows Wormwood is coming and soon everyone else will know it too.......

"Wormwood is coming and soon" eh?

Six years Nick, no sign of it "soon" yet?
Have you been keeping a look out for it?
Maybe book some time on the James Webb and prove it's existence to the astronomy world.
Another Nobel prize awaits once you do that!
Albert Einstein

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2022, 03:17:19 PM »
Hi Nick.

Wormwood!
Whatever happened to that?

Six years ago .....

"Wormwood is coming and soon" eh?

Six years Nick, no sign of it "soon" yet?
Have you been keeping a look out for it?
Maybe book some time on the James Webb and prove it's existence to the astronomy world.
Another Nobel prize awaits once you do that!
We never did find out what Nick means by soon, did we?