• Administrator
Re: Eureka
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 04:46:51 AM »

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 07:03:15 AM »
I have found it.

Well either leave it there, for the owner may be looking for it, else be a good citizen and hand it in to your local police station.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2022, 08:51:09 AM »
In the Holy Bible of course...written plainly, for all to see. It's so enthralling I'm surprised no one else has found it...and it's in our very best interests that we look...and quickly.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 08:57:50 AM »
In the Holy Bible of course...written plainly, for all to see. It's so enthralling I'm surprised no one else has found it...and it's in our very best interests that we look...and quickly.
ooh you tease! It's a fan dance! Show your leg!

NicholasMarks

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2022, 09:11:41 AM »
ooh you tease! It's a fan dance! Show your leg!

Every knee will bend in a choreography well rehearsed when we fully realise what's at stake and how wonderful prayer is...but we will take it gently because some will be more resistant than others...and I wouldn't want them to miss out.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2022, 09:15:38 AM »
Every knee will bend in a choreography well rehearsed when we fully realise what's at stake and how wonderful prayer is...but we will take it gently because some will be more resistant than others...and I wouldn't want them to miss out.
One... thrilling combination...

ekim

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2022, 09:37:43 AM »
Eureka -That film was made about 40 years ago.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2022, 09:42:23 AM »

This film was recorded 2000 years ago and has had many observers...and I'm about to tell you why...and it is so very, very, important. I just hope that old friends are still around.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2022, 10:15:56 AM »
NM,

I have found it.

I didn't know you'd lost it.

How are you Sparky - all well I hope?
"Don't make me come down there."

God

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2022, 10:21:22 AM »
I have found it.
I do hope that "it" is the meaning of the word "soon"!
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

NicholasMarks

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2022, 10:22:12 AM »
NM,

I didn't know you'd lost it.

How are you Sparky - all well I hope?

Fine...thank you...I trust you are well. I'm still practicing my beliefs and have some startling news to convey...but it is really a modern adaptation of the teaching of Jesus Christ...and it all revolves around the fact that the Holy Bible is far more valuable than we realise...as yet.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2022, 10:24:07 AM »

I would update that to 'very soon'. Biblical signs are all around us...but you will need help to see them.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2022, 10:26:49 AM »
Seb,

I think Sparky is waiting for us all to settle down with some fizzy pop and a bag of Twiglets ready for his big reveal. What do you suppose he's "found"? Delia's famed but long-lost mince pie recipe? Lord Lucan's Blockbuster ID? The mind boggles! 

God

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2022, 10:30:04 AM »
I would update that to 'very soon'. Biblical signs are all around us...but you will need help to see them.
Soon, very soon, imminent, just round the corner, etc.
How many years have you been misusing those terms, 10, 20, more?
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

NicholasMarks

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2022, 10:36:34 AM »
Seb,

I think Sparky is waiting for us all to settle down with some fizzy pop and a bag of Twiglets ready for his big reveal. What do you suppose he's "found"? Delia's famed but long-lost mince pie recipe? Lord Lucan's Blockbuster ID? The mind boggles!

No...it's the power of prayer...which just happens to fit in at the end of a wonderful understanding gleaned from Jesus Christ's accurate teaching. If done righteously, as Jesus Christ taught us...it engineers a wonderful 'self help' that requires an insight that not many achieve...but I can help.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2022, 10:41:23 AM »
Sparky,

No...it's the power of prayer...which just happens to fit in at the end of a wonderful understanding gleaned from Jesus Christ's accurate teaching. If done righteously, as Jesus Christ taught us...it engineers a wonderful 'self help' that requires an insight that not many achieve...but I can help.

Oh-oh - I've got a bad feeling that you may be in for some crushing disappointment just around the corner here old son, but by all means prove us wrong: what objectively verifiable studies of the "power of prayer" have you done exactly to indicate that you might be right? You know, statistical analyses, double blind trials, peer review, that kind of thing... 

God

NicholasMarks

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2022, 10:41:51 AM »
Soon, very soon, imminent, just round the corner, etc.
How many years have you been misusing those terms, 10, 20, more?

It hasn't been left to me or any other individual to reveal when Biblical events will happen...everyone will see it building up like great tribulations...All I need to do is sit back and let it happen...but that's not my way.

NicholasMarks

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2022, 10:45:43 AM »
Sparky,

Oh-oh - I've got a bad feeling that you may be in for some crushing disappointment just around the corner here old son, but by all means prove us wrong: what objectively verifiable studies of the "power of prayer" have you done exactly to indicate that you might be right? You know, statistical analyses, double blind trials, peer review, that kind of thing...

If it's written in the Holy Bible and that book manifests itself into a wonderful science...then that's good enough for me, and, apparently, millions of others, who read it righteously...but  a step at a time.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2022, 10:50:50 AM »
Sparky,

It hasn't been left to me or any other individual to reveal when Biblical events will happen...everyone will see it building up like great tribulations...All I need to do is sit back and let it happen...but that's not my way.

“And there shall in that time be rumours of things going astray, and there will be a great confusion as to where things really are, and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of raffia work base, that has an attachment…at this time, a friend shall lose his friend’s hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before around eight o’clock...”

(Life of Brian)

And Lo! It’s all coming true I tellya! 

God

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2022, 10:55:41 AM »
Sparky,

If it's written in the Holy Bible and that book manifests itself into a wonderful science...then that's good enough for me, and, apparently, millions of others, who read it righteously...but  a step at a time.

Yeah, about that second "if". If my Auntie had cojones she'd be my Uncle too. Good luck with demonstrating that "if" though.

PS If it helps I've dusted off my Hexagons of Lightning gatefold double LP for some mood music for you.

You're welcome.   

God

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2022, 11:07:43 AM »
but surely
https://youtu.be/8gqiyqu1GVE

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2022, 11:11:15 AM »
And was interesting but ok? 

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2022, 11:12:30 AM »
Recently discovered footage of Sparky hard at work (very rare):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

God

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2022, 11:18:10 AM »
I was rather hoping that Nick was going to tell us that he had found a way of extracting dynamic energy from the clouds of colliding galaxies that he used to tell us about - what a difference that would make in these freezing cold days and with threats to power supplies over this winter.