Author Topic: One of the most powerful personal testimonies I have ever come across  (Read 821 times)

Alan Burns

• I lay it down of my own free will. John 10:18
The truth will set you free  - John 8:32
Truth is not an abstraction, but a person - Edith Stein
Free will, though it makes evil possible, is also the only thing that makes possible any love or goodness or joy worth having. - CS Lewis
Joy is the Gigantic Secret of Christians - GK Chesterton

Stranger

• Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Re: One of the most powerful personal testimonies I have ever come across
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 11:05:43 AM »
One of the most powerful personal testimonies I have ever come across

Seriously? It's pathetic. Cringe-worthy, vomit-inducing, and cliché-ridden - and this is what you think is 'powerful', is it?

You also seem to continue to be oblivious to the fact that if this god of your exists and created the world where we are all sinners and need 'saving', is full of unnecessary suffering, and who just plucks some people out of dire circumstances, then that god would be a evil monster.

You appear to be living in a fantasy world. The self-delusion is just staggering.
x(∅ ∈ x ∧ ∀y(yxy ∪ {y} ∈ x))

Alan Burns

• I lay it down of my own free will. John 10:18
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 02:26:01 PM »
Seriously? It's pathetic. Cringe-worthy, vomit-inducing, and cliché-ridden - and this is what you think is 'powerful', is it?

You also seem to continue to be oblivious to the fact that if this god of your exists and created the world where we are all sinners and need 'saving', is full of unnecessary suffering, and who just plucks some people out of dire circumstances, then that god would be a evil monster.

You appear to be living in a fantasy world. The self-delusion is just staggering.
I just hope and pray that one day you will be able to give a similar testimony when you discover God's love for you.
The truth will set you free  - John 8:32
Truth is not an abstraction, but a person - Edith Stein
Free will, though it makes evil possible, is also the only thing that makes possible any love or goodness or joy worth having. - CS Lewis
Joy is the Gigantic Secret of Christians - GK Chesterton

Maeght

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 06:04:41 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpcF-1X0-ps

Believing in things can give purpose and change lives of course. Doesn't mean that what the person believes in is real.

Stranger

• Lightly seared on the reality grill.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2023, 06:50:48 PM »
Believing in things can give purpose and change lives of course. Doesn't mean that what the person believes in is real.

Well, exactly, and the change is not always for the better. Faith motivates religious terrorism too.

People turn their lives around using faith in all sorts of things, and some people do so without using it at all. I knew a former heroin addict who turned his life around basically using techniques based on cognitive behavioural and acceptance and commitment therapy together with peer support groups.
x(∅ ∈ x ∧ ∀y(yxy ∪ {y} ∈ x))

SteveH

• God? She's black.
"By no means necessary should I be alive today" doesn't even make sense. If the first sentence is gobbledegook, I can't be bothered to watch the rest.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".