Author Topic: Teenage girl dies after being forced to stay in a ‘period hut’ in Nepal  (Read 381 times)

SteveH

• God? She's black.
Well, as you remind us with tedious regularity, correlation is not causation. She actually died of a snakebite. Tragic case, and barbaric practise, but let's stick with the facts.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
Well, as you remind us with tedious regularity, correlation is not causation. She actually died of a snakebite. Tragic case, and barbaric practise, but let's stick with the facts.
What facts did my post not stick to?

When did I last mention correlation not being causation?

« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 05:23:10 PM by Nearly Sane »

SteveH

• God? She's black.
What facts did my post not stick to?

When did I last mention correlation not being causation?
You implied in the thread title that her death was the result of her confinement in the hut.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
You implied in the thread title that her death was the result of her confinement in the hut.
I quoted the Guardian's headline. Take it up with them.

Any answer on when I last said correlation was not causation?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 06:39:22 PM by Nearly Sane »

SteveH

• God? She's black.
I quoted the Guardian's headline. Take it up with them.

Any answer on when I last said correlation was not causation?
I can't remember precisely, but you used to do it frequently, even when the causal link was obvious to any sensible person.