Author Topic: Give toddlers chickenpox jab, advisers tell NHS  (Read 342 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
Give toddlers chickenpox jab, advisers tell NHS
« on: November 14, 2023, 11:15:15 AM »
Despite a propensity to catch diseases as a child including german measles (which magically stopped me going to see Scotland v England at Hampden on the Saturday but allowed me to attend Confirmation on the Sunday), and scarlet fever twice (great disease 10 days off school, and almost no feeling of illness), I somehow missed chickenpox.

I got it as an adult and was covered in pox from chest to head, Inside my ears, on the inside of my eyelids. I tried calomine lotion to little effect so resorted to the privilege of age and just drank whisky. I could still feel the itching and irritation but it was far away.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-67414983
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 11:26:30 AM by Nearly Sane »

SteveH

• God? She's black.
Re: Give toddlers chickenpox jab, advisers tell NHS
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 12:45:02 PM »
The only childhood illness I didn't get was mumps, unlike one of my friends, who got it twice. I dimly remember being very ill with measles, aged three or four.
When politicians talk about making tough decisions, they mean tough for us, not for them.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 01:11:01 PM »
The only childhood illness I didn't get was mumps, unlike one of my friends, who got it twice. I dimly remember being very ill with measles, aged three or four.
Ah good one, I forgot I remained stubbornly mumpless during childhood despite being sent to pester anyone with it. 'I don't care if you don't know them, and they smell of wee! Go and kiss them!  AGAIN!'

I did manage to have whooping cough. Does anyone get that now? Feels like rickets, or something.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2023, 01:22:28 PM »
Never got whooping cough either, come to think of it.
When politicians talk about making tough decisions, they mean tough for us, not for them.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 01:26:12 PM »
Never got whooping cough either, come to think of it.
These new fangled vaccines though, just the NWO trying to chip and pin us like butterflies, caught in a net, an internet of control. Bring back the freedom to whoop and to cough!