Author Topic: Reasonable to call Tories scum  (Read 478 times)

SqueakyVoice

• Life. Don't talk to me about life.
Reasonable to call Tories scum
« on: November 21, 2023, 05:52:25 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/nov/21/protesters-iain-duncan-smith-tory-scum-reasonable-court-rules
If it's by accident, just don't book an appointment  with them, then turn up and shout at them.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - D Adams

SteveH

• God? She's black.
Re: Reasonable to call Tories scum
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2023, 06:28:16 PM »
"Radical Haslam"?!  ;D
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2023, 07:23:42 PM »
"Radical Haslam"?!  ;D
I think the AI writing this stuff is breaking down.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 01:37:13 PM »
I think the ruling is a travesty. There's free speech and there's vile insults. Scum everywhere have the right not to be labelled as Tories.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2023, 03:26:08 PM »
Very droll, but seriously, being rude should not be illegal.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

SqueakyVoice

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2023, 05:30:56 PM »
Legally, we're allowed to slap Cruella Braverman in the face.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2023/nov/23/jeremy-hunt-autumn-statement-rishi-sunak-conservatives-tax-cuts-uk-politics-latest-updates
Braverman calls for annual cap on net migration, saying today's figures 'slap in face to British public'

Or maybe find a lawyer and find out if we're  allowed to punch her in the face...? I mean legally. You know legally legal. I might not be a lawyer, but we are allowed to be fed up with experts.
(Edited  to change the Y to an A, these days it's  not call predictive text, it's called presumptive text. :/ )
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 06:00:32 PM by SqueakyVoice »
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - D Adams

SqueakyVoice

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2023, 05:50:35 PM »
Now a better link.
https://liveapp.inews.co.uk/2023/11/23/cutting-immigration-figures-is-do-or-die-tory-mps-tell-rishi-sunak/content.html
She must think that the person who was Home Secretary when those figures happened must be utterly useless.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2023, 05:52:13 PM »
Legally, we're allowed to slap Cruelly Braverman in the face.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2023/nov/23/jeremy-hunt-autumn-statement-rishi-sunak-conservatives-tax-cuts-uk-politics-latest-updates
Or maybe find a lawyer and find out if we're  allowed to punch her in the face...? I mean legally. You know legally legal. I might not be a lawyer, but we are allowed to be fed up with experts.

To be fair, she was only the Home Secretary for about three and a half months of 2022. We ought to wait for the figures for 2023 before deciding what physical punishment she deserves.

I'm astounded that over 700,000 people wanted to come and live in this shithole*, to be honest.

* Clarification: by "shithole" I mean the United Kingdom, not Stockton North - or more precisely not just Stockton North.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply