Author Topic: WhatsApp messages show teachers mocking vulnerable pupils  (Read 1693 times)

ProfessorDavey

Re: WhatsApp messages show teachers mocking vulnerable pupils
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2023, 02:08:07 PM »
I'm not arguing about the mode of communication. And yes, I think a comment about a chold being a shit isn't official communication.
Between two teachers discussing the behaviour of a pupil while in class at school, which clearly relates to their professional duties as employees of that school ...hmm. I think the FOI Act and the Information Commissioner would bed to differ, particularly as their is a presumption to disclose under the FOI - in other words it is not up to the authority itself to determine what is, and what isn't information under the FOI.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2023, 02:16:07 PM »
Between two teachers discussing the behaviour of a pupil while in class at school, which clearly relates to their professional duties as employees of that school ...hmm. I think the FOI Act and the Information Commissioner would bed to differ, particularly as their is a presumption to disclose under the FOI - in other words it is not up to the authority itself to determine what is, and what isn't information under the FOI.
And again didn't say it was. I just disagree with you that it would be part of official information.

And yet again I see you've edited this out.

"And once again while you're here can you just confirm as per the bit that you edited out from a previous message, and subsequently ignored multiple times.

"As to ease of proof, the pount is surely that it doesn't make any difference to what you think of as unprofessional behaviour, and given your position on that it would seem that you think jeremyp's parent, and Outrider's partner are both guilty of that if their posts here are correct?"

Whether you think that jeremyp's parent, and Outrider's partner are unprofessional or not?"

Is it a form of nervous tic that's making you do it?

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2023, 02:25:25 PM »
Between two teachers discussing the behaviour of a pupil while in class at school,
What is the evidence that the teachers were in class at school?

which clearly relates to their professional duties as employees of that school ...hmm. I think the FOI Act and the Information Commissioner would bed to differ, particularly as their is a presumption to disclose under the FOI - in other words it is not up to the authority itself to determine what is, and what isn't information under the FOI.

I don't think there's any question about official communications, although, if the communication was by voice and nobody was recording it, then the record will be lost. But what we have here is an informal rant from one teacher to another such as they might have in the pub after work. There is no way it should form part of the official record.

I'd also be interested in your answer to NS's question about my mother and Outrider's partner. Were they unprofessional? Because if you think they were, so are pretty much all teachers. Some children are obnoxious shits and so are some parents and teachers talk about them amongst themselves.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply