Author Topic: King Charles secretly profiting from the assets of dead citizens  (Read 187 times)

ProfessorDavey

Re: King Charles secretly profiting from the assets of dead citizens
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 10:58:11 AM »
Weird country we live in.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/nov/23/revealed-king-charles-secretly-profiting-from-the-assets-of-dead-citizens
Given that the optics on this are so incredibly bad I'm really struggling to understand why the palace officials hadn't closed this down ages ago. Seems to me that either they simply didn't realise this was going on or there is such an establishment group think going on within their officials that they failed to recognised how terrible this looks as they cannot see beyond 'tradition'.

On another thread we were discussing the Freedom of Information Act and it is perhaps relevant that the Royals are exempt from FOI requests. Somehow if the Royal households were dealing with regular FOI requests (as other publicly funded organisations are) then I think that would perhaps have focussed minds that there was something going on behind closed doors that would look awful were it to be revealed (as ultimately if has been).