Author Topic: The Apple Macintosh was first released 40 years ago:  (Read 424 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
The Apple Macintosh was first released 40 years ago:
« on: January 23, 2024, 08:57:00 PM »
Seems incredibly long ago now. I remember using my first one, not owned, to design political leaflets at university.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20240123-the-apple-macintosh-was-first-released-40-years-ago-these-people-are-still-using-the-aging-computers

splashscuba

• might be an atheist, I just don't believe in gods
Re: The Apple Macintosh was first released 40 years ago:
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 10:48:05 PM »
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 10:51:01 PM by splashscuba »
I have an infinite number of belief systems cos there are an infinite number of things I don't believe in.

I respect your right to believe whatever you want. I don't have to respect your beliefs.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2024, 10:16:02 AM »
I used a Commodore CBM 3032 at uni

https://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/1774/Commodore-PET-3032/

That significantly predates the Mac - well, by five years but things moved fast in those days. My parents still have one of those at home. It hasn't been switched on in decades.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

splashscuba

• might be an atheist, I just don't believe in gods
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2024, 02:00:04 PM »
That significantly predates the Mac - well, by five years but things moved fast in those days. My parents still have one of those at home. It hasn't been switched on in decades.
Showing my age. I coded my first program on it in 1980. Its how I ended up in the IT industry instead of being an electrical engineer.
I have an infinite number of belief systems cos there are an infinite number of things I don't believe in.

I respect your right to believe whatever you want. I don't have to respect your beliefs.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2024, 11:11:24 AM »
Showing my age. I coded my first program on it in 1980. Its how I ended up in the IT industry instead of being an electrical engineer.
My parents bought ours in 1980 and I also learned to program on it. Actually, it was a 3016 when they bought it because "16k is plenty" according to my Dad. They later upgraded it to 32k.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2024, 11:40:23 AM »
Apple macintosh.
When politicians talk about making tough decisions, they mean tough for us, not for them.