Author Topic: Mind and Consciousness  (Read 2972 times)

bluehillside Retd.

Re: Mind and Consciousness
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2024, 11:34:38 AM »
NS,

You were the one talking about a 'creator god'. That's a personal god. I've been saying that isn't what he says. You now seem to be agreeing with my point.

I still don't see why a creator god is thereby a "personal" god - what if all he'd created was rocks for example? – but there's no point in continuing a "you said, I said" exchange about a talk we agree to be nonsense in any case.   
"Don't make me come down there."

God

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2024, 12:26:30 PM »

Typical of course....but its a pity you are unable to see the wisdom in both the videos....!

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2024, 12:30:48 PM »
Sriram,

Typical of course....but its a pity you are unable to see the wisdom in both the videos....!

What wisdom do you think the videos contain, and - more importantly - why?   

God

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2024, 01:13:39 PM »
NS,

I still don't see why a creator god is thereby a "personal" god - what if all he'd created was rocks for example? – but there's no point in continuing a "you said, I said" exchange about a talk we agree to be nonsense in any case.
I think understanding terms is useful. A personal god is not 'personal' because it creates persons but because it is thought of/portrayed as a person.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2024, 01:25:10 PM »
NS,

I think understanding terms is useful. A personal god is not 'personal' because it creates persons but because it is thought of/portrayed as a person.

So do I, but you said “Creator makes it personal…” and “You were the one talking about a 'creator god'. That's a personal god.” No doubt some who believe there to be a creator god also think of it as a personal god, but many others don’t. The most you could say therefore is something like, “some who believe in a creator god also personify it, so for those people a creator god is therefore a personal god” but that’s all. In short, I think you overreached here.     

God

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2024, 01:32:44 PM »
NS,

So do I, but you said “Creator makes it personal…” and “You were the one talking about a 'creator god'. That's a personal god.” No doubt some who believe there to be a creator god also think of it as a personal god, but many others don’t. The most you could say therefore is something like, “some who believe in a creator god also personify it, so for those people a creator god is therefore a personal god” but that’s all. In short, I think you overreached here.     
That's bollocks. When you were talking of a creator god, you were talking of the concept of a personal entity delibereately creating. You don't have to believe in a concept to be using it in those terms.

bluehillside Retd.

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2024, 01:56:03 PM »
NS,

That's bollocks. When you were talking of a creator god, you were talking of the concept of a personal entity delibereately creating. You don't have to believe in a concept to be using it in those terms.

Thank you for telling me what it was that I was really talking about. And there was me thinking that by “creator god” I was actually referring to a god some personify and some don’t. Do you intend to provide this service of explaining what I really meant on a continuing basis or was that a one-off clarification?   

Here’s Wiki on deism by the way:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

God

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2024, 05:58:17 AM »

About Jesus....(less than 2 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UQm4uF3OW8

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2024, 09:17:26 AM »

About Jesus....(less than 2 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UQm4uF3OW8
Has nothing to do with the thread.

Sriram

• Spirituality & Science
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2024, 05:58:41 AM »

Yeah...ok. I'll post it on the Christian board. Thanks.

bluehillside Retd.

God