Author Topic: Oklahoma orders schools to teach Bible 'immediately'  (Read 569 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
Re: Oklahoma orders schools to teach Bible 'immediately'
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2024, 01:45:18 PM »
Not OK?

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cjk35vv2ryjo
I think it is a slam dunk that the directive is unconstitutional. However, I could certainly find imaginative ways to incorporate the Bible into my lessons that will have the religionists of Oklahoma regretting it.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Outrider

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2024, 04:33:34 PM »
I think it is a slam dunk that the directive is unconstitutional. However, I could certainly find imaginative ways to incorporate the Bible into my lessons that will have the religionists of Oklahoma regretting it.

Unfortunately 'Constitutional' is whatever the Supreme Court of the day interprets it to be, and the current incarnation appears to have disregarded the Lemon Test in favour of looking for historical precedent, as though progress wasn't a thing.

O.
Universes are forever, not just for creation...

New Atheism - because, apparently, there's a use-by date on unanswered questions.

Eminent Pedant, Interpreter of Heretical Writings, Unwarranted Harvester of Trite Nomenclature, Church of Debatable Saints

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2024, 04:43:38 PM »

The link suggests that Superintendent Ryan Walters can only be familiar with the New Testament, and only certain parts of that. Walters' complaints about Biden and the Teachers Unions as indicated in this quote:

"woke, anti-education values that tell students that they should treat their classmates differently depending on their race and sex and that they should be taught graphic sexual content at a young of an age as possible".

certainly suggest that he's rather blind to the 'graphic sexual content' in the literature he's advocating as compulsory, if he's referring to the whole Bible.

"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2024, 10:29:15 PM »
Oooooooooooooooooh for fuck's sake, what a stupid bunch of fucking twats!
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".