Author Topic: Musk by Wesley  (Read 179 times)

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
Musk by Wesley
« on: August 19, 2024, 06:37:42 PM »
Ok - not Wesley Crusher but the actor Will Wheaton. Succinct and to the point:

« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 06:40:10 PM by Aruntraveller »
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
Re: Musk by Wesley
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2024, 08:42:51 AM »
Will Wheaton has nailed it.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2024, 08:49:24 AM »
Worth pointing out that that post was from 2020, before Musk took over Twitter.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2024, 08:51:39 AM »

Oh, I had not spotted that. Still, he's not wrong and he is all the more prescient given the way Musk has become increasingly deranged.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2024, 09:44:40 AM »
Oh, I had not spotted that. Still, he's not wrong and he is all the more prescient given the way Musk has become increasingly deranged.
Not sure deranged is the right word. He's a very clever grifter, who may believe his own grift more, but despite what seem obvious issues with his businesses continues to be successful.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2024, 10:28:30 AM »
If it's about Trent Reznor, then surely it's 2022 when Musk had bought Twitter, and Reznor left?

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2024, 11:36:25 AM »
Not sure deranged is the right word. He's a very clever grifter, who may believe his own grift more, but despite what seem obvious issues with his businesses continues to be successful.

I don't know for sure. But sitting in some kind of interview and repeating "fuck off" to advertisers doesn't seem to be the actions of somebody totally connected with reality.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2024, 11:58:28 AM »
I don't know for sure. But sitting in some kind of interview and repeating "fuck off" to advertisers doesn't seem to be the actions of somebody totally connected with reality.
He's got enough money not to care, and seems to have switched his grift to politics. The aim is to make X a news channel that is too big not to advertise on, hence his even more constant limelight seeking.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2024, 04:07:42 PM »
Correct.

Although I think it was fairly obvious that Musk is an arsehole long before 2019.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2024, 04:12:30 PM »
If it's about Trent Reznor, then surely it's 2022 when Musk had bought Twitter, and Reznor left?

I couldn't find the original Tweet but there was another Tweet quoting it that said it was from 2020.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2024, 04:15:09 PM »
He's got enough money not to care
He's got less money than you might think. It's still a lot but with people like Musk, it's never enough.

and seems to have switched his grift to politics. The aim is to make X a news channel that is too big not to advertise on, hence his even more constant limelight seeking.

He's not doing very well at that.