Author Topic: Oasis warn fans over reselling ahead of main ticket sale  (Read 286 times)

Nearly Sane

• Administrator

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
Re: Oasis warn fans over reselling ahead of main ticket sale
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2024, 11:11:33 AM »
They need to come down hard on this sort of thing.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2024, 11:24:22 AM »
They need to come down hard on this sort of thing.
You don't want to look back in anger over it, and turn to cigarettes and alcohol but rather learn to roll with it even if the price goes supersonic, at least some might say. Do you know what I mean?

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2024, 01:37:17 PM »
You don't want to look back in anger over it, and turn to cigarettes and alcohol but rather learn to roll with it even if the price goes supersonic, at least some might say. Do you know what I mean?

A man goes into a restaurant and orders the oasis soup. When it arrives, he is disappointed that it seems to be just ordinary tomato. So he asks the waiter "why is this called oasis soup? It seems to be just tomato."

The waiter says "well,....

... You got a roll with it."

This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2024, 02:04:15 PM »

Roses

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2024, 09:33:48 AM »
Are people totally off their heads, or what? Paying a ridiculously large sum of money for going to hear what I consider to be an unpleasant noise, produced by two brothers in a years time! It might not happen if they fall out again.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2024, 10:20:33 AM »
Are people totally off their heads, or what? Paying a ridiculously large sum of money for going to hear what I consider to be an unpleasant noise, produced by two brothers in a years time! It might not happen if they fall out again.
Given your issues with music, it's not often I agree on it but here I do. To be fair I didn't mind Oasis but I've got no interest in this. And the dynamic pricing that pushed tickets bought direct past 350 for standing is laughable

Roses

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2024, 10:33:49 AM »
Given your issues with music, it's not often I agree on it but here I do. To be fair I didn't mind Oasis but I've got no interest in this. And the dynamic pricing that pushed tickets bought direct past 350 for standing is laughable

I just can't understand why it was headline news yesterday, when there are so many much more important things going on in the world. Those people who think Oasis music is so wonderful should listen to it on CD, so much cheaper?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2024, 11:43:26 AM »
I just can't understand why it was headline news yesterday, when there are so many much more important things going on in the world. Those people who think Oasis music is so wonderful should listen to it on CD, so much cheaper?
Because it involved a lot of people and their conversations in the UK. It's a bit of light relief to most things.

Listening to a band when they are playing is very different to a CD, and involves all sorts of social interaction, and gives a sense of belonging, as well as being an occasion.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2024, 12:01:55 PM »
Are people totally off their heads, or what? Paying a ridiculously large sum of money for going to hear what I consider to be an unpleasant noise,
A lot of people really like Oasis. You could just accept that different people have different tastes.

That said, £6,000 is a lot to spend on any concert ticket. I know somebody who was in the queue for six hours and when he got to the front, all they had left was VIP tickets at £1,300 a go.

produced by two brothers in a years time! It might not happen if they fall out again.

This is definitely something to worry about, although I would have thought tickets will be refunded if that happens. Of course, if you buy them of a tout for £6k there will be no refund.

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2024, 12:05:04 PM »

Seeing a band live is completely different to listening to them on CD. You're paying to see a performance, not just listen to the music. I'm quite an avid festival goer but people are mystified that I never watch Glastonbury on TV. The reason is that watching a band on the BBC is nothing like watching them in person. It's like the difference between seeing a photograph of a beautiful garden and being in the garden.

Roses

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2024, 12:24:51 PM »
I think attending one of these live band events like Glastonbury, where the screaming audience is adding to the racket, would be my idea of hell. :o

My husband and I where chatting about it over our mid morning cuppa, he sees it my way where that sort of music is concerned. However, he loves classical music, having four tuners/speakers in his study, his bedroom, our main lounge and the sun lounge. So there is always music on somewhere in our home.

I was brought up in a very musical family,  it was all around me as a child. Our daughters are very musical as are our grandchildren. I have no idea why it is of no interest to me at all. ???

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2024, 12:27:12 PM »
I think attending one of these live band events like Glastonbury, where the screaming audience is adding to the racket, would be my idea of hell. :o
Yes we know that already. But can't you understand that different people enjoy different things?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2024, 06:05:25 PM »
Wondering what bands people might want to reform? Keeping it to still possible. The Smiths not going to happen, and not sure I want to go and see Morrissey. The Jam are effectively Paul Weller anyway, and Bruce Foxton makes a living out of touring as it anyway. Maybe early Roxy Music?

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2024, 06:12:20 PM »
Meanwhile the SNP's Health Minister being incredibly stupid

https://archive.vn/xjNAQ

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2024, 06:52:23 PM »
Wondering what bands people might want to reform? Keeping it to still possible. The Smiths not going to happen, and not sure I want to go and see Morrissey. The Jam are effectively Paul Weller anyway, and Bruce Foxton makes a living out of touring as it anyway. Maybe early Roxy Music?

The Smiths is definitely not going to happen.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/article/2024/aug/30/morrissey-claims-johnny-marr-ignored-lucrative-smiths-reunion-offer

I'd love to see The Talking Heads but I fear they are all too old.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2024, 07:30:18 PM »
The Smiths is definitely not going to happen.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/article/2024/aug/30/morrissey-claims-johnny-marr-ignored-lucrative-smiths-reunion-offer

I'd love to see The Talking Heads but I fear they are all too old.
Decent shout don't think too old

I saw them twice.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2024, 08:35:42 PM by Nearly Sane »

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2024, 11:01:31 PM »
Lisa Nandy  making me agree with Andrew Neil because she's being unutterably stupid.

https://x.com/afneil/status/1831021490214510880

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2024, 12:22:14 PM »
Lisa Nandy  making me agree with Andrew Neil because she's being unutterably stupid.

https://x.com/afneil/status/1831021490214510880

I don't think dynamic ticket pricing is necessarily a bad thing. It means that money that would otherwise be going to ticket touts will instead go into the pockets of the artists.

The problem is, as Lisa Nandy did touch on, is that there is no transparency. If you are in a queue, it would be good to have some forewarning of how much the tickets are going to cost before you get to the front after six hours. Some sort of regular notification of current prices whilst in the queuer would be useful.