Author Topic: Floaters in the eyes  (Read 196 times)

Roses

Floaters in the eyes
« on: September 08, 2024, 11:23:59 AM »
Have any of you have had floaters in your eyes? I have one in my left eye, which I noticed this morning, I have never had one before.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
Re: Floaters in the eyes
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2024, 11:32:08 AM »
All the time.

In my left eye I have a condition called lattice retinal degeneration which gives me a constant clump of floaters. It is checked during my eye appointments to see if it has gotten any worse. It hasn't changed in ten years so far.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

SteveH

• God? She's black.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2024, 11:42:13 AM »
Yes - I've usually got a few. They don't cause any problems.
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Roses

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2024, 11:52:10 AM »
As long as it doesn't incommode me when I am driving, I guess I will learn to live with it, floaters appear to be age related.
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

Maeght

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2024, 12:22:25 PM »
Have any of you have had floaters in your eyes? I have one in my left eye, which I noticed this morning, I have never had one before.

Lots.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2024, 12:33:42 PM »

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2024, 05:44:51 PM »
I first noticed one or two in my twenties. I may have got one or two more over the years.
I've heard that if you see your vision suddenly fill up with floaters, it's a sure sign that your retina is about to detach, and you'd better get down to the nearest eye hospital straight away.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

Dicky Underpants

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2024, 05:49:33 PM »
All the time.

In my left eye I have a condition called lattice retinal degeneration which gives me a constant clump of floaters. It is checked during my eye appointments to see if it has gotten any worse. It hasn't changed in ten years so far.
I think a friend of mine had that. When he first told me, I thought he was about to get a detached retina, and persuaded him to go to the eye hospital pronto. The condition is not so serious, apparently. In my friend's case, it did improve over time.
"Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous.”

Le Bon David

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2024, 06:42:12 PM »
As long as it doesn't incommode me when I am driving, I guess I will learn to live with it, floaters appear to be age related.

I've had floaters since I was a child. It's not something that concerns me. I doubt it's anything that should concern you either, However, maybe just mention it at your next opticians appointment.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2024, 08:47:52 PM »
I too have had floaters for a very long time.  And now that I have had cataract surgery in both eyes I can see them more clearly.
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?