Author Topic: Remember "The Dress"?  (Read 185 times)

SteveH

• God? She's black.
Remember "The Dress"?
« on: September 17, 2024, 11:15:48 AM »
The one that looked blue and black to some people (including me), and white and gold to others, that is: Well, this Guardian article is about colour perception, and a test you can do. I see green more than 75% of the gen. pub., apparently.
The article:
https://www.theguardian.com/wellness/2024/sep/16/blue-green-viral-test-color-perception
The test:
https://ismy.blue/
When conspiracy nuts start spouting their bollocks, the best answer is "That's what they want you to think".

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
Re: Remember "The Dress"?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2024, 11:25:15 AM »
I see blue more than 75% of the population.

Gordon

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2024, 11:44:56 AM »
My result was "Your boundary is at hue 174, greener than 55% of the population. For you, turquoise  is blue."

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2024, 11:45:34 AM »
I see blue more than 75% of the population.

ETA - looking at the graduations on either side of the line that it drew, I wonder if I saw them on a different screen with different light whether my answers would be different.

Nearly Sane

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2024, 11:47:57 AM »
My result was "Your boundary is at hue 174, greener than 55% of the population. For you, turquoise  is blue."
Mine was "Your boundary is at hue 177, greener than 75% of the population. For you, turquoise  is blue."

So a relatively small move in terms of hue has a big effect at this level

splashscuba

• might be an atheist, I just don't believe in gods
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2024, 03:59:51 PM »
Your boundary is at hue 195, bluer than 99% of the population. For you, turquoise  is green.
I have an infinite number of belief systems cos there are an infinite number of things I don't believe in.

I respect your right to believe whatever you want. I don't have to respect your beliefs.

Roses

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2024, 04:10:30 PM »
"Your boundary is at hue 190, bluer than 98% of the population. For you, turquoise  is green."
"At the going down of the sun and in the morning we will remember them."

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2024, 04:25:16 PM »
177. 78% Green

Funny, when I first saw the final picture I thought "my boundary is exactly average right on the border between blue and green" and then I realised, that's the point. Different people see the border in different places. Duh!
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

Aruntraveller

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2024, 04:39:19 PM »
My result was: Your boundary is at hue 177, bluer than 78% of the population. For you, turquoise  is green.
Before we work on Artificial Intelligence shouldn't we address the problem of natural stupidity.

Harrowby Hall

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2024, 02:46:41 PM »
Mine was "Your boundary is at hue 177, greener than 75% of the population. For you, turquoise  is blue."

So a relatively small move in terms of hue has a big effect at this level

Mine was at the same point. 

Earlier this year I had cataract surgery - with a gap of four weeks between my left and right eyes. Following the operation on my left eye (the first) I was able to consider the extent to which my aging lens had denatured the colour of the world around me. White (through my new lens) looked little like the experience I called white through my (so far unoperated) right eye.

I wonder, therefore, if some of the differences reported here are due to the effects of aging?
Does Magna Carta mean nothing to you? Did she die in vain?

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2024, 08:22:19 PM »
Your boundary is at hue 174, just like the population median. You're a true neutral.
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

Maeght

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2024, 09:16:37 PM »
Did it twice and got different results. Both times when the graph came up I felt the boundary was in the wrong place!