Author Topic: Pagan study/mentoring  (Read 10651 times)

Rhiannon

Re: Pagan study/mentoring
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2013, 01:07:36 PM »
Yes, ht, I don't do 'worship' either, or at least not in the traditional sense.

'Seek communion with' probably puts it better.

Rhiannon

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 01:08:21 PM »
I went through a period of goddess-following but have rebalanced that with some male deities now - although Rhiannon is still my patron (matron?) deity.

And you're a married man!  Keep the details about your relationship with our Rhi off the forum please! :P

Yes, it's a bit weird for me, having one of my deities posting on the forum :o ;D

ht

What can I say?  ;D

horsethorn

• Anomalographer
    • "We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out." (Delenn, Babylon 5)
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2013, 01:55:40 PM »
Yes, ht, I don't do 'worship' either, or at least not in the traditional sense.

'Seek communion with' probably puts it better.

Yes, that's a good phrase. For me, there's also the sense of role-modelling, and a structure within which to interact with the world.

I went through a period of goddess-following but have rebalanced that with some male deities now - although Rhiannon is still my patron (matron?) deity.

And you're a married man!  Keep the details about your relationship with our Rhi off the forum please! :P

Yes, it's a bit weird for me, having one of my deities posting on the forum :o ;D

ht

What can I say?  ;D

Well, you know that ritual I did recently? A response would be good... ;)

ht
Darth Horsethorn, Most Patient Saint®, Senior Wrangler®, Knight Inerrant® and Gonnagle of the Reformed Church of the Debatable Saints®
Steampunk Panentheist
Not an atheist
"We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out." (Delenn, Babylon 5)

Rhiannon

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2013, 03:54:13 PM »
Be careful what you wish for, ht...  ;)

horsethorn

• Anomalographer
    • "We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out." (Delenn, Babylon 5)
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2013, 09:16:00 AM »

Oh yes - we learned that lesson a few years ago after a request to Arianrhod...

ht
Darth Horsethorn, Most Patient Saint®, Senior Wrangler®, Knight Inerrant® and Gonnagle of the Reformed Church of the Debatable Saints®
Steampunk Panentheist
Not an atheist
"We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest trying to figure itself out." (Delenn, Babylon 5)

Rhiannon

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2013, 11:23:57 AM »

Oh yes - we learned that lesson a few years ago after a request to Arianrhod...

ht

Oh, bless.  :D

Rhiannon

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2013, 11:26:46 AM »
Anyways, picked up a copy of the Cauldron to find an article by Elen Sentier about Elen of the Ways. Strange as a week ago I'd never heard of Elen Sentier.

There's also a cracking article by Bobcat about animism. Didn't realise she has a new book out on the subject.

Fluffy_Pink_Dragon

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2014, 08:37:18 AM »

I do recall Oak King on the "old" board writing that to join his covern involved a five year "apprenticeship", TBH if Oak & his gang have enough people willing to wait five years then I hope they have a good party at the end of the same.

Oak King, I'm afraid was a liar, a charlatan and a complete fraudster. He was never an initiated Wiccan and was a complete con artist from top to bottom.

As for the coven, it has survived him thankfully, and actually it is a year and a day of training, prior to any offer of initiation. :)

FPD