Author Topic: The Trinity  (Read 64971 times)

Sassy

Re: The Trinity
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2015, 11:35:30 AM »
The ;true Church;, Sass, are those who accept Christ Jesus - God Incarnate - for who He says He is.
They are members of umpteen sundered denoominations, with just as many governing authorities...but they have one thing in common: their acceptance of Christ Jesus, God Incarnate, as LORD.

Wrong:-
The true Church as those born of Spirit and Truth.

John 4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

See how far you have fallen away.
Jesus Christ is the Son of God and John 3:16 and Acts 10 show that the truth does not say that Jesus is God incarnate.
It shows God spoke through Christ and God was with Christ.

Nowhere does the teaching you have posted appear in the OT or even the NT.
You have to believe Christ came in the flesh and that he is to be called/known as the Son of God for he is a Holy thing.

Eternal life is clear in the words of Christ. himself...

King James Bible
And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Clearly eternal life is to know THE only TRUE God and Jesus Christ whom the ONLY true God sent...

So clearly you are not representing the truth and doctrine Christ taught... I am the way, the truth and life, NO ONE comes to THE FATHER but by me...

Now try and tell everyone that Jesus Christ is God when Christ himself shows God sent him. And eternal life is knowing both of them.
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2015, 11:38:13 AM »
.....this from a person who rejects the Trinity but claims to adhere to a denomination which has it as its' core doctrine.

....er......
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Alien

• Formerly known as "Black Dwarf"
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2015, 11:43:40 AM »
It is you who are following the doctrine of men, for you are your own pope. It also seems you don't know the difference between Roman Catholicism and Orthodoxy, but then I always knew you were thick.

Look at your reply A0,

The Pope is NOT Gods representative on earth the Holy Spirit is the person sent to the Church to lead and teach. All popes are and have been manmade representatives of teachings not given by God.
One day you will stand before God and he will tell you himself that NO pope was ordained or given by him to represent him....
Sass,
AO is not a Roman Catholic so all this stuff about Popes and Peter is irrelevant.
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2015, 12:49:19 PM »
Sass Christ is worshiped end of matter,only God is worshiped.God is the creator,Christ is the creator.

~TW~
" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

ad_orientem

« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2015, 01:12:06 PM »
It is you who are following the doctrine of men, for you are your own pope. It also seems you don't know the difference between Roman Catholicism and Orthodoxy, but then I always knew you were thick.

Look at your reply A0,

The Pope is NOT Gods representative on earth the Holy Spirit is the person sent to the Church to lead and teach. All popes are and have been manmade representatives of teachings not given by God.
One day you will stand before God and he will tell you himself that NO pope was ordained or given by him to represent him.
That Peter was not a Pope and that ONLY God can forgive sins through Jesus Christ. Hence Christ said: " YOUR sins are forgiven."
No pope represents God and no Pope speaks for God.

The Jewish high priests did, till the final high priest Jesus Christ.
To God there is no one more special than anyone else.

Peter himself said:
34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Look at your reply...

It has nothing from the scriptures does it?
It has nothing to counteract what the scriptures and Christ himself taught.
So why not wake up to the truth.

You can huff and puff but the Church of Christ is built on solid rock and it ain't gonna fall down for the makeshift one you believe in.

Jesus Christ is LORD of all and the RC are just counterfeit.
They put a man as a representative of God on earth.
The true Church is Spirit and Truth and the RC cannot prevail against it...

Again, what the hell are you on about? Of course I don't believe that the Pope of Rome is God's representative on Earth. I'M NOT ROMAN CATHOLIC. As for the Holy Spirit, you demonstrate that he is not in you, for you deny who he is.
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

trippymonkey

« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2015, 02:12:56 PM »
What did God do 'with people' BEFORE Jesus????

ad_orientem

« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2015, 02:16:20 PM »

Do you mean what were the fate of the dead before Christ? They were is Hades awaiting Christ.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:17:52 PM by ad_orientem »

trippymonkey

« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2015, 02:19:56 PM »
Well what's the bloody point of that.?!?!?  :o
Why not have Jesus right from the start as any good teacher might do ???? ???

ad_orientem

« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2015, 03:07:51 PM »

Eh? God was there from the start, only we messed it up.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2015, 04:27:38 PM »

There was never a time before Jesus he was very busy in the OT.
                           ~TW~
" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2015, 05:29:49 PM »

~TW~

Busy talking about a God of vengeance; only to change it to a God of love in the NT!
BA.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life.

It is my commandment that you love one another."

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #86 on: May 18, 2015, 05:36:06 PM »

~TW~

Busy talking about a God of vengeance; only to change it to a God of love in the NT!

BA would you like me to show you.

~TW~

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #87 on: May 18, 2015, 05:44:40 PM »

~TW~

~TW~

I have asked you to about 17 or 18 times over the last weeks!
BA.

trippymonkey

« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2015, 06:26:18 PM »

Isn't this in the faith sharing are a so we should be allowing it to be less confrontational?

Well YOU'RE not going to be much use when we get the BIG Muslim takeover here in the UK, are you????? ;) ::)

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2015, 06:44:46 PM »

~TW~

~TW~

Have you and I have never seen it.

~TW~

BashfulAnthony

« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2015, 07:05:20 PM »

~TW~

~TW~

Have you and I have never seen it.

~TW~

In the thread on the Flood.
BA.

Sassy

« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2015, 09:24:32 AM »
.....this from a person who rejects the Trinity but claims to adhere to a denomination which has it as its' core doctrine.

....er......

You still cannot see because you have left the truth behind for a manmade teaching.

Since a child I have believed in God and known his Son Jesus Christ died for sin. God teaches me not man.  You see faith brings a living relationship. You see it written

John 17:3

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1611 version
And this is life eternall, that they might know thee the onely true God, and Iesus Christ whom thou hast sent.

The doctrine of Christ, his own words and his own teaching.

2 John 1:9King James Version (KJV)

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

What the NT teaches Not suggests and no hints is that God is the only true God and that he sent Jesus Christ the son of God. Eternal life is knowing both the true God and Jesus Christ whom the true God sent.
It is also true that Christ said he and the Father would reveal himself to whomsoever obeyed his teachings....

Christ said " Man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God." Christ answered from the true scriptures. Man today follows the teachings of other men. But the OT and NT show that God himself through the Spirit teaches those who belong to him and leads them in all truth. It is not in the power of the written word (note: given to men by the Holy Spirit) it is by the power of the same Spirit teaching them as individuals within the body of Christ.

John 16:13King James Version (KJV)

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Acts 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

There is no rejection of the trinity as Father, Son and Holy Spirit exist.
What the Trinity does not teach is that Jesus is God. Jesus himself clearly taught that Eternal life is....And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

As you can see Christ did not and does not claim to be the only true God... just sent by the ONLY true God. I believe the doctrines of Christ.
You should not continue with the teachings of men but adhere to the words of Christ as we know he spoke the words of God.

We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

Sassy

« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2015, 09:27:03 AM »

Look at your reply A0,

One day you will stand before God and he will tell you himself that NO pope was ordained or given by him to represent him....
Sass,
AO is not a Roman Catholic so all this stuff about Popes and Peter is irrelevant.

Not everyone is a Christian on this site... does that make the truth about God irrelevant?
When you useless arguments because you cannot argue against the truth of Christ's words what does that mean? It means when you read the scriptures and see the NT teachings produced from Christ you cannot deny the truth it tells you. You have no answer for the reality before you. So you purposely NOT blindly look to keep what you have learned in error. And furthermore adhere and seek to show further error to cover the fact.

Sassy

« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2015, 09:34:29 AM »
Sass Christ is worshiped end of matter,only God is worshiped.God is the creator,Christ is the creator.

~TW~

You have gone beyond the doctrines of Christ....

Christs own words condemn you as does the words of John

7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9Whosoever transgresseth and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God: he that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him, God speed.

As you can see the disciple John makes it clear that Jesus Christ came in the flesh.

We know that this is the truth because Peter taught it too.

36 The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all:)

38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Why not put yourself aside and God first. Ask God to show you the truth.
That both he taught through Christ and the disciples.
That eternal life is knowing the ONLY TRUE GOD and Jesus Christ whom the ONLY TRUE GOD sent...

Sassy

« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2015, 09:42:32 AM »

Look at your reply A0,

One day you will stand before God and he will tell you himself that NO pope was ordained or given by him to represent him.
That Peter was not a Pope and that ONLY God can forgive sins through Jesus Christ. Hence Christ said: " YOUR sins are forgiven."

Peter himself said:
34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Look at your reply...

You can huff and puff but the Church of Christ is built on solid rock and it ain't gonna fall down for the makeshift one you believe in.

Again, what the hell are you on about? Of course I don't believe that the Pope of Rome is God's representative on Earth. I'M NOT ROMAN CATHOLIC. As for the Holy Spirit, you demonstrate that he is not in you, for you deny who he is.

At no time have I denied the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ or God.
Why do you lie? But you deny the doctrines of Christ and the Apostles.

Christ said:
Version of John 17:3.

Peter said:
38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

John said:

I remain within the doctrines of Christ and the Apostles...
Verse 9 shows you have left the teachings of Christ and the Apostles.

7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Sassy

« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2015, 09:47:39 AM »

Do you mean what were the fate of the dead before Christ? They were is Hades awaiting Christ.

Really? Then how come Jesus taught the parable of Dives and Lazarus...
Is Enoch in hell? Is Abraham in Hell or Lazarus?>
Is King David in hell before the coming of Christ?

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Genesis 5:24King James Version (KJV)

24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

You think God would put Enoch in Hell?

What do you mean?

Sassy

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2015, 09:49:26 AM »

Isn't this in the faith sharing are a so we should be allowing it to be less confrontational?

Well YOU'RE not going to be much use when we get the BIG Muslim takeover here in the UK, are you????? ;) ::)

As with Hitler when the time comes their is a mighty fall and no one ever forgets how he deals with the enemies of his people....

Alien

• Formerly known as "Black Dwarf"
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2015, 09:53:32 AM »

Look at your reply A0,

Sass,

Not everyone is a Christian on this site... does that make the truth about God irrelevant?
No, of course not. However, if you read back over your posts you will see that they read as if you were taking AO to task for holding Roman Catholic beliefs. He was rather rude to you, calling you thick, but that does not mean you were right to take him to task for RC beliefs when he is in fact Orthodox.
When you useless arguments because you cannot argue against the truth of Christ's words what does that mean? It means when you read the scriptures and see the NT teachings produced from Christ you cannot deny the truth it tells you. You have no answer for the reality before you. So you purposely NOT blindly look to keep what you have learned in error. And furthermore adhere and seek to show further error to cover the fact.
That's a bit of a rant, Sass. I'll reply to sensible points you make, e.g. attempts to demonstrate what Scripture says, but I'm not going to respond to rants. Life is too short for that.
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

ad_orientem

« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2015, 10:18:03 AM »

Really? Then how come Jesus taught the parable of Dives and Lazarus...
Is Enoch in hell? Is Abraham in Hell or Lazarus?>
Is King David in hell before the coming of Christ?

22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

25 But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

26 And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Genesis 5:24King James Version (KJV)

24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

You think God would put Enoch in Hell?

What do you mean?

The old testament saints were in Hades, that is, the abode of the dead. When our Lord died on the cross he descended into Hades, had Satan bound, preached the gospel to them and opened the way to heaven through his resurrection from the dead. Adam and Eve were the first to be lead out, as is depicted in our iconography. Our Lord said that no man had yet entered heaven.

ad_orientem

« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2015, 10:23:06 AM »

Look at your reply A0,

Peter himself said:

Look at your reply...

At no time have I denied the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ or God.
Why do you lie? But you deny the doctrines of Christ and the Apostles.

Christ said:
Version of John 17:3.

Peter said:

John said:

I remain within the doctrines of Christ and the Apostles...
Verse 9 shows you have left the teachings of Christ and the Apostles.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

You deny the Holy Spirit because you deny who he is. Whatever it is you believe in it's not the Holy Spirit Christ speaks of. You deny the Son also and the plain words of the scriptures.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...and the the Word became flesh and dwelt among us."

Your doctrine is neither from the Holy Spirit nor the Apostles.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 10:53:10 AM by ad_orientem »