Author Topic: The Trinity  (Read 65008 times)

~TW~

• home sweet home
Re: The Trinity
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2015, 10:49:40 AM »
Gentle folk Sass is not interested in scripture,AO cited this scripture,

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...and the the Word became flesh and dwelt among us."

So the word a spirit became flesh,he came in the Flesh. Nothing could be clearer.But Sass does not want that.Result reject scripture.

So what does Sass want ? This will do nicely-------- 28 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

And Sass say's there the Father is greater then Jesus so he cant be God,we could add no one knows the day or hour,so Jesus cant be God because he does not know the day or hour,if he was God he would know.

So Sass is only interested in the scriptures that have been twisted and given a different meaning by the cult he or she follows.

~TW~
" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

2Corrie

• Not to us, O Lord, But to Your name give glory
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2015, 07:07:31 PM »
So Sass is only interested in the scriptures that have been twisted and given a different meaning by the cult he or she follows.

A very sad situation, as she she has obviously spent a lot of time in the word. Please Sassy, bring this to the Lord in prayer, ask Him for wisdom, it is He that leads us into all truth.
"It is finished."

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2015, 07:39:14 PM »
One for Sass------------------------- 28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Believed what Sass     “My Lord and my God!”

~TW~

" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

Sebastian Toe

« Reply #103 on: May 19, 2015, 08:30:52 PM »

As with Hitler when the time comes their is a mighty fall and no one ever forgets how he deals with the enemies of his people....
I forget..... does that make you wrong?  ::)
"The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends.'
Albert Einstein

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2015, 01:49:23 PM »
One for Sass------------------------- 28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Believed what Sass     “My Lord and my God!”

~TW~

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #105 on: May 22, 2015, 10:13:41 PM »

As with Hitler when the time comes their is a mighty fall and no one ever forgets how he deals with the enemies of his people....

You mean she might be infallable?
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

2Corrie

« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2015, 09:06:06 PM »
A couple of verses on the Trinity which I had not considered before:

Acts 20:28  (KJV)

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

1 Timothy 3:16  (KJV)

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
"It is finished."

Alien

• Formerly known as "Black Dwarf"
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2015, 10:02:14 PM »

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Hiya 2Corrie, your fellow Trinitarian here. 1 Timothy 3:16 is actually not a good verse to use as the original is probably "He was manifest in the flesh".
Apparently 99.9975% atheist because I believe in one out of 4000 believed in (an atheist on Facebook). Yes, check the maths as well.

jakswan

• Preloved Ads
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2015, 06:20:26 AM »

Did Sass just compare god to Hitler?
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
- Voltaire

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2015, 04:26:33 PM »

Hiya 2Corrie, your fellow Trinitarian here. 1 Timothy 3:16 is actually not a good verse to use as the original is probably "He was manifest in the flesh".

Just a note to Trinitarians the JW's in their new bible completely re-write  Colossians in order to hide clue's and hints to Christ deity.

So Sass take note these Anti-Christ remove the deity of Christ which they say is not there in the first place,very strange and dis-honest.

~TW~ 

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #110 on: June 29, 2015, 10:27:16 AM »
What 'new Bible, TW?
Is this a new mistranslation, or a mistranslation of the already existing mistranslation, the NWT? 
"for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #111 on: June 29, 2015, 01:07:12 PM »
What 'new Bible, TW?
Is this a new mistranslation, or a mistranslation of the already existing mistranslation, the NWT?

Hi Bruv good to see you back  :) they have re-printed the NWT and taken even more liberty's the brackets around the word other in Col 1 : 16-17 have been removed and it reads Jesus created all other things------------------Of course it should read all things so now no brackets you can view it on line .

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/

All other things have been created through him+ and for him. 17  Also, he is before all other things,+ and by means of him all other things were made to exist,

~TW~
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 01:09:36 PM by ~TW~ »

Anchorman

• Maranatha!
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2015, 01:15:15 PM »
Cheers!
So it's a new printing of a new mistranslation of a deliberate mistranslation by un-named people whose abilities to translate are not up for scrutiny....in other words, it's as honest as anything else which comes from Brooklyn?

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2015, 01:19:01 PM »
Cheers!
So it's a new printing of a new mistranslation of a deliberate mistranslation by un-named people whose abilities to translate are not up for scrutiny....in other words, it's as honest as anything else which comes from Brooklyn?

Yes and if you would like our New tract-----------Beware of the New word Translation -----PM me.

~TW~

Sassy

« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2015, 02:54:01 AM »

Did Sass just compare god to Hitler?

Hitler had a mighty fall because GOD deals with the enemies of his people.
Which relates to how God deals with the enemies of his people... You hope you never go there...
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2015, 03:12:58 AM »

Just a note to Trinitarians the JW's in their new bible completely re-write  Colossians in order to hide clue's and hints to Christ deity.

So Sass take note these Anti-Christ remove the deity of Christ which they say is not there in the first place,very strange and dis-honest.

~TW~
  The silly thing is how you ignore the truths....

King James Bible
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

So Thomas upon seeing Christ did NOT see God...

King James Bible
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

God dwelleth in us as he dwelt in Christ. And we are one as Christ and God were one....

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Eternal life is knowing both God the ONLY true God and Jesus Christ, whom the only true God sent...

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

How are God and Christ one as we are all one?

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Words and teachings of Christ take president over any of the verses you totally misrepresent.

Jesus Christ is the Son of God and he came in the flesh. He made know what God is really like to us. BUT eternal life is knowing both God the Father the ONLY true God and Jesus Christ whom the only true God sent.

Through the years men have misunderstood the reality and teachings which the disciples themselves made clear. 

38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

God anointed/GAVE  Christ the Holy Ghost and power. He went about doing godd and healing all who were oppressed by the devil; for GOD WAS WITH HIM.

It may take time but eventually if you read and ask God for guidance you will see it was always GODS intention for Christ to be called and known as the SON OF GOD.

Luke 1.

Furthermore it is written:

1 Corinthians 12:3King James Version (KJV)

3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Jesus is LORD.... I can say it because it is true. So why do you pretend you have any authority to falsely accuse me?
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2015, 11:35:52 PM »

~TW~

King James Bible
No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

King James Bible
No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

God dwelleth in us as he dwelt in Christ. And we are one as Christ and God were one....

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Eternal life is knowing both God the ONLY true God and Jesus Christ, whom the only true God sent...

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Words and teachings of Christ take president over any of the verses you totally misrepresent.

Jesus Christ is the Son of God and he came in the flesh. He made know what God is really like to us. BUT eternal life is knowing both God the Father the ONLY true God and Jesus Christ whom the only true God sent.

Through the years men have misunderstood the reality and teachings which the disciples themselves made clear. 

38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

God anointed/GAVE  Christ the Holy Ghost and power. He went about doing godd and healing all who were oppressed by the devil; for GOD WAS WITH HIM.

It may take time but eventually if you read and ask God for guidance you will see it was always GODS intention for Christ to be called and known as the SON OF GOD.

Luke 1.

3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Jesus is LORD.... I can say it because it is true. So why do you pretend you have any authority to falsely accuse me?

Sass get a life the word Lord means God.

~TW~

Sassy

« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2015, 11:43:08 AM »

~TW~

King James Bible

King James Bible

Luke 1.

Sass get a life the word Lord means God.

~TW~

Get an education from the LORD God.

Baal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal
Jump to Word - The spelling "Baal" derives from the Greek Báal (Βάαλ), which ... The word's Biblical senses as a Phoenician deity and false gods ... In these languages, baʿal signified "owner" and, by extension, "lord", a"master", or "husband". ... Arabic: بعلـة ), meaning "mistress" in the sense of a female owner or lady ...

You need to educate yourself about the term Lord.
The LORD in the OT is replacing Gods name YAHWEH and was NOT orginally written as Lord. So where you see the word in capitals in the OT it has replaced the name YAHWEH.
So God is still Yahweh and that is Gods name.
Lord does NOT mean God as in Yahweh. Because Lord can be used for many things.
'The house of Lords' is not the house of gods.

God's Hebrew name "YHWH" is used in the Old Testament, English translations usually use "LORD" in capital letters.
The truth is that a lie is easier for masses to believe. NO teaching in the OT or the NT says that the Messiah will be God made man.
In fact it says that he will be a prophet like Moses whom God speaks to. Moses was like a god unto Pharaoh but he never became God.

Whatever you say you cannot obey Christs first two commandments if you call Christ God and love him more than God. You can only love Christ if you Love the LORD GOD with all your heart mind body and soul. Note you never actually had anything with which to defend your position.

What next. Going to wake one morning and find you cannot justify Christ being God but Christ representing God to us and God speaking through him.
Christ clearly tells you; ''My words are SPIRIT and they are life.''
Whom does God impart his words to man through.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2015, 08:34:46 AM »
Sass you really are a mess,and I see little hope for you in this brainwashed state. Just a little verse here that explodes your myth,but you will not see, why it does, explode your myth.

See if you can fathom it out.                          16 I, Jesus, have sent My messenger (angel) to you to witness and to give you assurance of these things for the churches (assemblies). I am the Root (the Source) and the Offspring of David, the radiant and brilliant Morning Star.

~TW~

2Corrie

« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2015, 07:17:16 PM »
Some verses for Sass, who like to refer to the Spirit.

However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. Rom 8.9

By whom did the prophet's speak?

Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1-11
"It is finished."

2Corrie

« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2015, 07:28:10 PM »

However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him. Rom 8.9

Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who spoke of the grace that was to come to you, searched intently and with the greatest care, 11 trying to find out the time and circumstances to which the Spirit of Christ in them was pointing when he predicted the sufferings of the Messiah and the glories that would follow. 1 Peter 1-11

Any thoughts Sass?
"It is finished."

Sassy

« Reply #121 on: September 03, 2015, 01:38:17 AM »
Sass you really are a mess,and I see little hope for you in this brainwashed state. Just a little verse here that explodes your myth,but you will not see, why it does, explode your myth.

See if you can fathom it out.                          16 I, Jesus, have sent My messenger (angel) to you to witness and to give you assurance of these things for the churches (assemblies). I am the Root (the Source) and the Offspring of David, the radiant and brilliant Morning Star.

~TW~

It says Jesus not God. That there is the difference..

Jesus came down in the flesh not God.

1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time.

Why is it you cannot see the truth.

Sassy

« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2015, 01:51:42 AM »

You are clutching at straws.... 2 Corin.

Do you mean by what power did the Prophets speak the word of God/

The same as Christ, as he said...''My words are SPIRIT and they are LIFE.''

''I can do nothing of myself, the Father who is with me does his own work.''

2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

Are you now realising that the NT teaches Christ and the Father a two different persons.

Tell me do you know both the one true God and Jesus Christ whom the one true God sent.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent?

ad_orientem

« Reply #123 on: September 03, 2015, 12:07:53 PM »
Of course the Father and the Son are two distinct persons.

The Most Holy Trinity 101.

Number 1: The persons are not to be confused.

Nevertheless, as the scriptures say "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us". Are you calling the Holy Spirit a liar? You are an Arian!
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #124 on: September 03, 2015, 01:02:59 PM »
Also remember a few weeks ago Sass tells us she is C of E and in the other thread,she tells us when the Russians are marching down the hills of Jerusalem that is the end of the world. Strange teachings from the C of E, or as Sass lost the plot.

~TW~