Author Topic: The Trinity  (Read 65121 times)

~TW~

• home sweet home
Re: The Trinity
« Reply #200 on: October 15, 2015, 12:32:06 PM »
So jakswan and ekim you have both decided to become Greek Scholars and you suggest that A_O has got it wrong.Ignoring the evidence or should I say never checking you decide Sass is right as usual you swim against the tide.

We do not believe in the Trinity because it sounds nice or is fun we believe it because it is contained in scripture.

Now the Watchtower Society have the same view as Sass and in order to prove they are right they have rewritten the bible producing their own version told many lies added words and changed words.And have suggested Greek Scholars agree with them.

Well if you pair really want to know then look at this               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s69sc6o4qXA

only a few minutes you might learn something.

~TW~
" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

jakswan

• Preloved Ads
« Reply #201 on: October 15, 2015, 12:59:55 PM »
So jakswan and ekim you have both decided to become Greek Scholars and you suggest that A_O has got it wrong.Ignoring the evidence or should I say never checking you decide Sass is right as usual you swim against the tide.

No, I just suggested Sass was winning the debate from a theological point of view.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
- Voltaire

ad_orientem

« Reply #202 on: October 15, 2015, 01:13:53 PM »

No, I just suggested Sass was winning the debate from a theological point of view.

Not at all.
Peace through superior firepower.
Do not believe anything until the Kremlin denies it.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #203 on: October 15, 2015, 02:02:47 PM »

Well now she has sunk from a theological view.what advice would you give her in view of the you view video.

~TW~
" Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs/George Burns

jakswan

• Preloved Ads
« Reply #204 on: October 15, 2015, 02:31:46 PM »
Well now she has sunk from a theological view.what advice would you give her in view of the you view video.

~TW~

It was just a passing observation TW I'm not that bothered.
Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
- Voltaire

ekim

« Reply #205 on: October 15, 2015, 03:58:34 PM »
So far, it looks as if Sass has the better argument, unless Jesus was schizoid and given to praying to himself as Elohim.
The problem is that Sass's argument actually contradicts Jesus' own teaching and the teaching of the Old Testament.  He wasn't schizoid or given to paying to himself; he was speaking to element of the Godhead that remained in heaven but whose nature he was 100% part of.
What's a Godhead?  I don't recall any words of Jesus saying that he was speaking to it.  He apparently said to somebody 'Why do you call me good ... only God is good' which seems to indicate that he did not think that his nature was identical to that of his God's.  Even if it was identical, I can't see that this would mean that Jesus was God.  I think more research is needed into the meaning of 'Elohim', it might give an indication why Joshua and Elohim are not identical.

On the contrary, what Jesus is saying in that past from the Gospel is that he is indeed God. Something like "You don't know who I am yet you call me good. Only God is good". In other words "I am God and you do not know it".
That sounds more like somebody's spin on what was said, to make it fit with a particular theology.  It bears no resemblance to the Greek.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #206 on: October 15, 2015, 04:09:36 PM »

~TW~

It was just a passing observation TW I'm not that bothered.

Well when the JW knocks on your door you now know he is not all he seems to be,at least you never dodged the issue like ekim so you get a star for that.*
                              ~TW~

ad_orientem

« Reply #207 on: October 15, 2015, 04:24:04 PM »
So far, it looks as if Sass has the better argument, unless Jesus was schizoid and given to praying to himself as Elohim.
The problem is that Sass's argument actually contradicts Jesus' own teaching and the teaching of the Old Testament.  He wasn't schizoid or given to paying to himself; he was speaking to element of the Godhead that remained in heaven but whose nature he was 100% part of.
What's a Godhead?  I don't recall any words of Jesus saying that he was speaking to it.  He apparently said to somebody 'Why do you call me good ... only God is good' which seems to indicate that he did not think that his nature was identical to that of his God's.  Even if it was identical, I can't see that this would mean that Jesus was God.  I think more research is needed into the meaning of 'Elohim', it might give an indication why Joshua and Elohim are not identical.

On the contrary, what Jesus is saying in that past from the Gospel is that he is indeed God. Something like "You don't know who I am yet you call me good. Only God is good". In other words "I am God and you do not know it".
That sounds more like somebody's spin on what was said, to make it fit with a particular theology.  It bears no resemblance to the Greek.

What you have to do is read it in light of the rest of the scriptures which, as I have shown, clearly demonstrate that Christ is God, such as the first chapter of St. John's gospel which is explicit.

ekim

« Reply #208 on: October 15, 2015, 04:29:15 PM »
1....So jakswan and ekim you have both decided to become Greek Scholars and you suggest that A_O has got it wrong.Ignoring the evidence or should I say never checking you decide Sass is right as usual you swim against the tide.

2....We do not believe in the Trinity because it sounds nice or is fun we believe it because it is contained in scripture.

3.... Now the Watchtower Society have the same view as Sass and in order to prove they are right they have rewritten the bible producing their own version told many lies added words and changed words.And have suggested Greek Scholars agree with them.

Well if you pair really want to know then look at this               https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s69sc6o4qXA

~TW~
1.  I didn't say Sass was right but just that she appeared to be putting forward a better argument. Nobody really knows what Jesus said.  All we have is hearsay evidence written by people who may or may not have been eye witnesses, probably in a language remote from that used by Jesus.  I don't call it 'swimming against the tide' but more 'escaping from herd mentality'.
2.  Yes I understand that.  There are many religions with many varying scriptures and blind belief in any of them is not something I would advocate.
3.   I have no interest in the Watchtower Society

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #209 on: October 15, 2015, 04:35:59 PM »
1....So jakswan and ekim you have both decided to become Greek Scholars and you suggest that A_O has got it wrong.Ignoring the evidence or should I say never checking you decide Sass is right as usual you swim against the tide.

2....We do not believe in the Trinity because it sounds nice or is fun we believe it because it is contained in scripture.

3.... Now the Watchtower Society have the same view as Sass and in order to prove they are right they have rewritten the bible producing their own version told many lies added words and changed words.And have suggested Greek Scholars agree with them.

~TW~
1.  I didn't say Sass was right but just that she appeared to be putting forward a better argument. Nobody really knows what Jesus said.  All we have is hearsay evidence written by people who may or may not have been eye witnesses, probably in a language remote from that used by Jesus.  I don't call it 'swimming against the tide' but more 'escaping from herd mentality'.
2.  Yes I understand that.  There are many religions with many varying scriptures and blind belief in any of them is not something I would advocate.
3.   I have no interest in the Watchtower Society

No you have no interest in the WT but it is nice to know the latest scam and deception then you will not end up like Sass ;)  deceived.

~TW~

ekim

« Reply #210 on: October 15, 2015, 04:54:04 PM »

What you have to do is read it in light of the rest of the scriptures which, as I have shown, clearly demonstrate that Christ is God, such as the first chapter of St. John's gospel which is explicit.
When I looked at Christianity, I was more interested in the words attributed to Jesus rather than the journalists who allegedly recorded them and commentated upon his life and death.  John's Gospel has little resemblance to the synoptic gospels and looks to be more written by somebody steeped in the 'logos' mysteries.  Where does Jesus say he is God?

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2015, 05:09:33 PM »

When I looked at Christianity, I was more interested in the words attributed to Jesus rather than the journalists who allegedly recorded them and commentated upon his life and death.  John's Gospel has little resemblance to the synoptic gospels and looks to be more written by somebody steeped in the 'logos' mysteries.  Where does Jesus say he is God?
                         Where does Jesus say he is God?       will this do

http://www.everystudent.com/wires/whodoyousay.html

~TW~

ad_orientem

« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2015, 05:16:58 PM »

Either you accept all the scriptures or you accept none of them.

ekim

« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2015, 05:32:18 PM »

Blind acceptance is not my forte.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2015, 05:40:32 PM »

No one is asking you to accept anything,but if you read what has been posted you will see that it says Christ was God it may not be true but that is what it says.

So next time you are on a quiz show.If you get the question.What does the bible say as regards Jesus Christ you have the answer. God.

~TW~

ekim

« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2015, 05:58:57 PM »

No one is asking you to accept anything,but if you read what has been posted you will see that it says Christ was God it may not be true but that is what it says.

So next time you are on a quiz show.If you get the question.What does the bible say as regards Jesus Christ you have the answer. God.

~TW~
AO is suggesting that I need to accept all the scriptures.  The link in your previous post just present a certain spin of the authors of it.  There doesn't seem to be a quote where Jesus actually says he is God.  Being one with God is not the same, just as a raindrop being one with the ocean doesn't mean it is the ocean.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #216 on: October 15, 2015, 06:17:25 PM »

~TW~
AO is suggesting that I need to accept all the scriptures.  The link in your previous post just present a certain spin of the authors of it.  There doesn't seem to be a quote where Jesus actually says he is God.  Being one with God is not the same, just as a raindrop being one with the ocean doesn't mean it is the ocean.

The video you seem to have missed A_O is correct the word was God and I could show you scriptures where the one /god sends the one /God.

~TW~

ad_orientem

« Reply #217 on: October 15, 2015, 06:51:31 PM »
You have to read it in the light of the rest of the scriptures, which have been shown to be explicit in showing Christ is God.

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #218 on: October 15, 2015, 11:31:50 PM »
You have to read it in the light of the rest of the scriptures, which have been shown to be explicit in showing Christ is God.

Correct
                  ~TW~

Sassy

« Reply #219 on: October 16, 2015, 02:26:50 AM »
Just dismiss the scripture then. You're no better than a Marcionite. You shouldn't be on this board. You're not a Christian. Go away.

Sass is quoting scripture and you are failing to deal with it by the looks of it.

No, she is dismissing it. I have already given plenty of examples from the scriptures which show that Christ is God. It suits her to dismiss the NT because it proves her to be a follower of wicked doctrines. As for the OT, it must br read in the light of the NT, otherwise it is like looking through a veil.

No you have not. And you have not used anything from the OT to support anything you wrote. I have done both. Quoted NT supported by OT. You have ignored the replies to you even those which show even Christ saying the One true God and himself are two separate persons. Jakswan is right you have NOT given any scriptures which support your claim. NONE. ZERO. ZILCH... Clinging to straws because you have NOTHING to support your claim but a Church whose foundations were not in Christ and committed some of the worst evils since the world began.

Christs church is TRUTH and SPIRIT based in the true love of God the Father. Not mankind who tried to use the truth for their own evil twisted hunger for power of people. God does not give power over people or to control people. He empowers people to be his people full of truth, grace, love through the Spirit.

You may have left your original church but Christs Church does not have walls and has one teacher, the Holy Spirit. You cannot find anything in the WORDS of Christ or even the OT to support what you claim. That is fact.

The Word of God says:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God...and the Word became flesh and dwelt among us.

NO... That is the NT the OT the THE WORD OF GOD...SAYS

Genesis 1:1-3King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

God spoke everything into being... His words...

Checkmate, pal! Keep to your manmade doctrines and no doubt you will join Arius in the depths of hell.

Heep quoting NT and ignoring NT and you will die as ignorant as you were before your birth. Because even PAUL who did not have a NT told you NOT TO ACCEPT ANY TEACHING, NOT EVEN HIS, IF YOU CANNOT SUPPORT IT FROM THE SCRIPTURES.

The NT is NOT scripture and was never intended to be.

Because the words of God are now written in the heart of mankind.

Jeremiah 31;31-34

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt;
which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.[
/b]

See.. no new scripture just the Spirit and truth about Jesus Christ.

22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

You can accuse me falsely all you want but Christ agrees with me and you are ignorant and teaching falsely. Because the first believers accepted the truth which they HEARD and received the baptism of the Spirit when they accepted who Jesus was. You have yet again proved you cannot bear to hear the truth and you are fighting desperately to maintain an unfounded truth when the word of God is declared before you. The word of God from the OT.

God told the end from the beginning not the end at the end...
We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Sassy

« Reply #220 on: October 16, 2015, 02:35:38 AM »

EVIDENCE...go on. Not words evidence. My posts show Christ agrees with the OT that I have shown. The truth is that Jesus Christ was FULLY HUMAN with the NATURE OF God in his person. He made GOD known to us.

17 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

The words of Christ himself says that eternal life is knnowing the ONLY TRUE GOD and Jesus Christ whom the only true God sent.

You hold fast to a teaching which does not and cannot affect the eternal life.
Nor make anyone less of a true believer. As John teaches..

1 John 4King James Version (KJV)

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Jesus Christ is come in the flesh...

We know we have to work together to abolish war and terrorism to create a compassionate  world in which Justice and peace prevail. Love ;D   Einstein
 "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

ad_orientem

« Reply #221 on: October 16, 2015, 06:59:25 AM »
There you go again, dismissing the scriptures. The same Holy Spirit that inspired the writers of the OT inspired the writers of the NT. So if you deny them again we will all see you for who you are, at best a promoter of false teachings and at worst leading souls astray. From now on you better not quote from the NT at all, you hypocrite!

But the OT, eh? The OT too is explicit.

The prophet Isaias says of Christ:

"Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign. Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanuel"

"For a child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace. His empire shall be multiplied, and there shall be no end of peace: he shall sit upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom; to establish it and strengthen it with judgment and with justice, from henceforth and for ever"

"Take courage, and fear not: behold your God will bring the revenge of recompense: God himself will come and will save you"

Also the Psalmist says:

"Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a sceptre of uprightness. Thou hast loved justice, and hated iniquity: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows"

"The Lord said to my Lord: Sit thou at my right hand: Until I make thy enemies thy footstool. The Lord will send forth the sceptre of thy power out of Sion: rule thou in the midst of thy enemies"

trippymonkey

« Reply #222 on: October 16, 2015, 07:57:45 AM »
Some here seem to revel in their own interpretations of quite simple scripture ?!?!!?

ad_orientem

« Reply #223 on: October 16, 2015, 08:11:12 AM »
Some here seem to revel in their own interpretations of quite simple scripture ?!?!!?

Indeed!

~TW~

• home sweet home
« Reply #224 on: October 16, 2015, 09:26:12 AM »
good day A_O I see that Sass has answerd again and got it all wrong,she can be very trying also we have others putting in their mis-information which does not work.

One does not have to answer all these JW type bullet points to show she is wrong try one question at a time for example

Who is going to return one day------ answer Jesus =the 2nd coming then quote a scripture like this.

“‘Holy, holy, holy

is the Lord God Almighty,’ Rev 4:8

who was, and is, and is to come.”------------------- so who is coming--- God = Jesus.

She may choose not to accept that,BUT not our problem.

~TW~