Author Topic: The missionery position  (Read 6869 times)

john

The missionery position
« on: February 26, 2015, 03:52:21 PM »
UK Pastor Oledejo

Says he received a message from the lord a few months ago advising him that Christians who have sex in other manner than the missionary position will burn in hell for eternity.

I feel it only right that I should point this out to you guys to be sure you do not transgress.

Watch the video to be saved.

Pastor Oledejo is one of Hopeys 2.2 billion Christians so he must be right.

But do any Christians here agree with him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWGQwd2gOxs
"Try again. Fail again. Fail Better". Samuel Beckett

ippy

Re: The missionery position
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 03:58:50 PM »
UK Pastor Oledejo

Says he received a message from the lord a few months ago advising him that Christians who have sex in other manner than the missionary position will burn in hell for eternity.

I feel it only right that I should point this out to you guys to be sure you do not transgress.

This is something that needs looking into, in depth. I'm available Tuesdays an Thursdays between________

ippy

john

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 04:22:08 PM »
There are two important things about this link;

The Pastor says the lord only told him this a few months ago and I thought there might be Christians on here at risk because the pronouncement hasn't reached them yet, so I am pleased to bring them this good news.

A secondly, it is great news that the lord is still keeping in touch, I can't figure out though why he/she/it perseveres in only telling one or two people what the message is. You thought he would have learnt his lesson from the debacle when he only told one bloke in Palestine and billions of people all over the world did not get the message for centuries. Doesn't he/she/it know about the interweb thingy?

floo

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 04:45:29 PM »
UK Pastor Oledejo

Whilst we have a few of the breed in the UK, the US seems to have far more than its fair share of these religious nut jobs! >:(

john

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 04:49:19 PM »
But Floo

you do not understand all these are a part of the group of 2.2 billion Christians in the world and they must be right because there are so many of them... So don't take the micky please.

floo

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 04:58:45 PM »
But Floo

you do not understand all these are a part of the group of 2.2 billion Christians in the world and they must be right because there are so many of them... So don't take the micky please.

Of course they must be right because so many of them think like that! Of course the earth is flat too as most people believed it to be at one time! ;D ;D ;D

john

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 05:05:47 PM »
Floo

Pre Christianity the ancient Greeks knew the earth was a sphere, Pythagoras had worked it out by using a stick to measure the height of boats disappearing over the horizon. Democritus had figured out that everything was made of atoms. etc. This information was later suppressed because it was not in line with biblical teachings. We had to wait for Muslim scholars to get going before the search for truth got underway again.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 05:10:05 PM by john »

Humph Warden Bennett

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 05:26:06 PM »

A secondly, it is great news that the lord is still keeping in touch, I can't figure out though why he/she/it perseveres in only telling one or two people what the message is. You thought he would have learnt his lesson from the debacle when he only told one bloke in Palestine

Galilee not Palestine. That is just as inaccurate as giving population figures of Greater London in the nineteenth century.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2015, 05:49:40 PM »
But Floo

And who said that they all had to be right, john?  I'm beginning to get the feeling that you have some very weird ideas what with all the wonderful mistrepresentations you produce of other posters' views.  Mind you, most forums of this sort have one or two of the sort.

PS  A mistrepresentation is a misrepresentation that also clouds the debate   ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 05:54:12 PM by Hope »
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 05:59:50 PM »
A secondly, it is great news that the lord is still keeping in touch, I can't figure out though why he/she/it perseveres in only telling one or two people what the message is. You thought he would have learnt his lesson from the debacle when he only told one bloke in Palestine and billions of people all over the world did not get the message for centuries. Doesn't he/she/it know about the interweb thingy?
In addition to HH's comment on this delightfully inaccurate comment, 'the lord' actually told 12 men and possibly up to 20 or 30 people in total when you take the number of people who would have made up his travelling group.  As for the interwe thingy, are you now trying to re-write history, john, and suggesting that the interweb thingy existed in 1st Century Palestine?  You seem determined to show that you are even more cuckoo than we thought.   ;)
Are your, or your friends'/relatives', garages, lofts or sheds full of unused DIY gear, sewing/knitting machines or fabric and haberdashery stuff?

Lists of what is needed and a search engine to find your nearest collector (scroll to bottom for latter) are here:  http://www.twam.uk/donate-tools

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 06:04:07 PM »
Pre Christianity the ancient Greeks knew the earth was a sphere, Pythagoras had worked it out by using a stick to measure the height of boats disappearing over the horizon. Democritus had figured out that everything was made of atoms. etc. This information was later suppressed because it was not in line with biblical teachings. We had to wait for Muslim scholars to get going before the search for truth got underway again.
And where does the Bible tell us that the earth is flat, john?  Yes, there are a number of poetic references to the heavens, but I wasn't aware that there was any scientific teaching in the material.  And yes, there were some church leaders - especially in the Roman Catholic Church - who taught stuff that doesn't appear anywhere in the Bible.

john

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2015, 06:16:03 PM »
Hopey

only the other day you were claiming that the fact that there were 2.2 billion Christians in the meant that you were right.

Have you now changed your mind to assert something like there may be 2.2 billion people in the world who claim to be Christians but most of them are dickheads and interpret things differently to me?

Is the bloke named in the OP one of your 2.2 billion? Is Fred Phelps Was Jim Jones?

You have to stop making stuff up to make your current point cos it can bite you on the bum if you haven't got a good memory. Are there 2.2 billion Christians who all agree with you or not?

I hope you are not straying from the missionary position cos that can really muck up your thinking.
./ 

john

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2015, 06:19:36 PM »
How come the Lord only spoke to PASTOR OLEDJO this time then if the last time he spoke to "hundreds" in Galilee.....a bit inconsistent isn't he?

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
    • Sincere Flattery: A blog about computing
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2015, 06:23:21 PM »
UK Pastor Oledejo

This is something that needs looking into, in depth. I'm available Tuesdays an Thursdays between________

ippy

I'll help.... bend over.
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.
*Platinum infallibility package, terms and conditions may apply

SusanDoris

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2015, 06:26:40 PM »
John

I don't think I'll bother to watch the video :) but I think it is very public-spirited of you to mention it!
The Most Honourable Sister of Titular Indecision.

2Corrie

• Not to us, O Lord, But to Your name give glory
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2015, 06:58:33 PM »
OP: The revelation of God is complete, and said Pastor should not be adding to it!
"It is finished."

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2015, 07:05:59 PM »
OP: The revelation of God is complete, and said Pastor should not be adding to it!

People have been adding to the "revelation of God" since Christianity was made up.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:42:25 PM by jeremyp »
This post and all of JeremyP's posts words certified 100% divinely inspired* -- signed God.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 07:40:13 PM »
Floo

Sounds like shit to me.

Walt Zingmatilder

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2015, 07:41:29 PM »

Pople have been adding to the "revelation of God" since Christianity was made up.

Is that short hand for pope and people?

jeremyp

• Admin Support
  • Blurb
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2015, 07:42:46 PM »

Pople have been adding to the "revelation of God" since Christianity was made up.

Is that short hand for pope and people?

Sadly, just a typo, now fixed. Thanks.

splashscuba

• might be an atheist, I just don't believe in gods
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2015, 07:43:06 PM »
Floo

Sounds like shit to me.
Maybe. Depends how you do it mate.
I have an infinite number of belief systems cos there are an infinite number of things I don't believe in.

I respect your right to believe whatever you want. I don't have to respect your beliefs.

Hope

• Tools With A Mission
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2015, 02:53:16 PM »
Hopey

only the other day you were claiming that the fact that there were 2.2 billion Christians in the meant that you were right.
Where did I claim that because "there were 2.2 billion Christians in the meant that you were right".  Since faith of any sort is individual as well as communal, there will always be some differences in what individual Christians believe and understand.  In most cases, those differences are pretty small, in others they are greater, but rarely do Christians disagree on the core teachings of Jesus.

Is the bloke named in the OP one of your 2.2 billion? Is Fred Phelps Was Jim Jones?
I believe that the guy you refer to in the OP to be wrong in what he says, in the same way that I disagree with Fred Phelp's views on homosexuality; whether they are Christians or not isn't for me to decide.  As for Jim Jones, since I don't remember that anything he was reported to teach remotely matched Jesus' teaching, and I'm not even sure he claimed to be following Christ, I'm at aloss as to why you include him in the list.

You have to stop making stuff up to make your current point cos it can bite you on the bum if you haven't got a good memory.
How right you are - so I suggest you think about what you have said and see how it applies to your own posting record.

OH MY WORLD!

• Just between you me and a monkey sitting on a rock
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2015, 08:34:56 PM »
Ha! I knew it! The UK has it's share of nut job preachers. Thanks for the example John. I will use this guy every time one of you people point a finger at America. Too funny you.

floo

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2015, 08:50:12 AM »
These evil extremist preachers >:( should be stamped on from a great height, imo. Whilst we have some in the UK at least they are recognised for the crazy idiots they are by the vast majority of the population.

Jack Knave

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2015, 08:20:11 PM »
I misread the title as The Misery Position. You Christians just don't know how to have fun!!!